• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want to bring this up, because of the tension around the verse at the moment. But SCP-4010 states that the SCP multiverse cannot be placed into any sort of timeline or the universe would collaspe. Don't know how this would affect canon and the way precog is used against SCP characters, but I'm not going to make a CRT of this and I hope no one else does as well.

I'm just putting this here cause I thought it was a pretty swell skip and y'all should read it.

I don't see it affecting canon, but you may have a case about precog.

Although, there are some SCPs with precog, so it may not be that big an issue.

Well, it also includes data too.

Text and speech is probably the best thing to encompass it?

Data is mostly read as text on a screen, but images are fine, so it's more just "words" I guess. Out loud or as text.

What's the images with the images -> X people 1,2,3,4, and images -> O 4, 05 bit mean?

That file is restricted from access for anyone who's not level 4 or O5.

Non-staff, level 1 researchers, level 2 researchers, and level 3 researchers aren't allowed to see that page.

Monarch Laciel said:
Data is mostly read as text on a screen, but images are fine, so it's more just "words" I guess. Out loud or as text.
What's the images with the images -> X people 1,2,3,4, and images -> O 4, 05 bit mean?
that means only people with level 4 or above clearence can know about the SCP

the O5 is the O5 Council

First GoI:

Church of the Broken God

I would like help to find abilities and justification for the different stats, I would look for the stats and powers myself, but I have lots of school work due soon and...yeah...

So if you find anything I haven't put on the profile yet, please put what you've found in the comment section.

@Weekly

I've been using that to find offensive powers and stats for the CotBG already, but most of the SCPs I've found only mention the CotBG instead of being directly used by them. Thanks for linking that tho.

@Hl3

The sources say that most artifacts from the CotBG date back to the Greek Classical period, but I do remember something about the 1st War of the Flesh (When the CotBG and the Sarkic Cults got into an all-out war) causing the Bronze Age Collapse.

Deadmemeguy said:
Don't mind me just waiting for SCP-4666 and SCP-4812 to get profiles
You know what they say; if you want something done well do it yourself.

or tell me why those profiles are so interesting because from a quick glance those pages are super long and not really gripping

46e

SCP might be close to the border, but I wouldn't say it's past the line that divides fanfiction and a fictional continuity that belongs here.

There's just a *lot* to look at and it's constantly changing, which makes it hard to keep up with as a verse.

No, it's not a fanon to anything, but, OC stands for Original character. Your own ideas, not necessarily something spawned from the ideas of another. Fan Characters, FCs, are something spawned from the ideas of others.

And, considering that it's something of it's own thing, you'd also have to consider...

>It's basically a verse entirely composed of people's interpretations rather then a solid canon, IE, literally anyone can have their own view of something and just make a page on FC/OC accordingly, and all of it's information would still be completely canon.

>It's made on an obscure website with no real copyrighting or publishing to it's name

... that's it but that's a pretty solid set of reasons where I stand

Also, no fan characters?

ovo to that

Yes, to a degree, they are.

But the line between official and original is usually a matter of either being very popular or being published, of which, SCP isn't really either.

I mean, yes, containment breach gets a bit of YouTube coverage, but the foundation website itself? Barely anyone speaks of it.

I mean, outside of this website?

The only guys who really talk about it are YouTubers in the K range.

Masada at least gets anime adaptions cause it's popular in Japan, but SCP?

It's mostly just a back closet thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back