• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-3143 vs Monika (Redux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Yes. Decided to make a redux of the match since the older one is apparently outdated, and some people want to remove it.

Speed is equalized.

SBA

SCP-3143: 0

Monika: 0

Incon: 7 (Agnaa, StyrmULTRA, FoxySonicMaster, Sir_Ovens, Tauanvictor, oleggator, DRW001)

Last edited:
I think 3143's plot manip is a bit too vague/slow to haxstomp Monika. But 3143 also resists Monika's wincons.

I vote inconclusive.

Tbh, if we wanna put it like that, I think incon as well. Monika already has experienced other Plot manipulators, so she can counter 3143's, but apparently 3143 as well, so they pretty much counter each other. However, due of 3143's resistances and Monika's still being able to get out from the narrative/plot due of her being able to destroy the script like she did in the game, as also said in the other thread, then is pretty much incon as well, as Monika can't delete/incap 3143 but 3143 can't kill/incap her too. So I think pretty much that eventually Monika just gets out from 3143's world and calls it a (weird) day, but without being able to kill him.

Incon, they can't put each other down for good from what I can tell.

Quick Question: is 3143's Type 8 Immortality combat applicable here?

If it is, it's still an incon.
It's not very clear-cut but I'd say probably. Here's the relevant quote:
In a metafictional fight like this, you're not going to be settling the feud over a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant. No, the only way to settle this kind of dispute is with good old-fashioned murder, but that gets pretty complicated when you're trying to murder a fictional character. Authors can pull plot twists out their ass to save any character, especially ones as well-loved as these guys seem to be, and if their reader base suffers, it doesn't matter – so long as they're alive and able to fight the other side, they're not going to give a rat's ass about the authors they have to manipulate to stay that way.

Clearly, you can't kill a fictional character in fiction. So you have to lure them out into reality and then kill them, before finishing off any potential authors who might want to bring them back. We've had reports of authors who've been literally taken hostage and forced to write out the adventures of the kidnapper's comrade at gunpoint, and good old Kurt Vonnegut had to have a covert security detail monitoring him simply because of the possibility of metaphysical infiltration of his work.
  • Authors can pull plot twists out their ass to save any character, especially well-loved ones.
  • You can't kill a fictional character in fiction, so they have to be killed in reality.
  • Even after they're killed in reality, you need to finish off any potential authors who might want to bring them back.
But we don't get a good idea of how many authors are writing 3143 and how actively they're doing such.

Yeah Agnaa makes a compelling argument.

Although, without their plot hax, aren't they just regular people? Would it not just turn into a fist fight at that point?

Not really, without their plot hax 3143 has author-based immortality and a gun, while Monika has NEP and Resurrection.

Basically, even if it turned into a fist fight, they have bullshit defensive abilities that wall fist fights.

Please wait for a bit longer before bumping, 12 hours since the last post is usually a good minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back