• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scott Pilgrim; "Everything is canon"?

According to Edgar Wright, writer, producer, and director of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, executive producer for Scott Pilgrim Takes Off, and in cahoots with Bryan Lee O'Malley, the writer, artist, and creator of the graphic novel Seconds,
...and,
If Wright is to be taken as Word of God, should the series be composited?

The comic, game, movie, and show are all canon, they're all apart of the same series, but they all exist in their own continuity
If they are all canon, and are all different variations of the same story, then they'd just be extensions of one profile, no? Like, Gideon never fought Matthew in the original story, but if Takes Off is a canon variation of the story, then they'd scale regardless; like the Thousand-Year Blood War anime taking precedence over the original manga, the different canon interpretations add onto the world of the original, even if they logically could not fit within continuity.

All incarnations of the cast and story (The comics, movie, game and show) are all canon, but they'd still be separate profiles as they're all different continuities. Canon =/= same continuity

Future Scott went through similar events like Comic Scott, but as far as I know, it's been stated that the show and comics are entirely separate continuities. Future Scott is just the future timeline version of Show Scott, they're both separate from the other Scotts

It’s just a dragon ball situation imo.

GT is canon but is a separate continuity.

Which is why SSJ4 can show up in Heroes but doesn’t effect the main continuity I.e Super.

Thinking about doing some more calcs for this verse as I learn and watch more of it. Watched the movie for the first time tonight.

Matthew Patel's fireballs are accepted at Small Building level!
On this note, I know right now the fireballs are just considered separate from physicals, but I’m looking into the possibility of it scaling to those, and ergo, the rest of the movie cast. Btw thanks for calculating what I wanted to get a value since 2019

Anyways yeah, not literally everything is canon to one version lol

On this note, I know right now the fireballs are just considered separate from physicals, but I’m looking into the possibility of it scaling to those, and ergo, the rest of the movie cast. Btw thanks for calculating what I wanted to get a value since 2019

In creation feats (and among other requirements for it to be applied to AP): "In order to apply to a character's capacity to harm other characters, that is their usual Attack Potency, their Creation has to be connected to their other abilities."

Fireballs and the game logic of the series seems to check out.
One note about the calc, it wasn't Scott's band members, the ones who got incinerated were Crash and the Boys

doesn't effect the actual calc, but it seems to imply that Scott's friends got resurrected somehow
Also on the logic of the game: The profiles say they have toon force, and to an extent, I would agree. It's more toon force in the sense of 'game mechanics' though, what with the respawning you point out. iirc Scott from the film also uses a one up to redo the last fight, so another example of this kind of thing happening.

Idk about cross-scaling between continuities but the vegan moon crater occurs in all of them and Even Older Scott did straight-up overpower Todd in his full-power vegan state, so 6-As all around for Scott Pilgrim Takes Off let's goooooo

Here's the thread for anyone who wants to give it a look or comment

Last edited:
Idk about cross-scaling between continuities but the vegan moon crater occurs in all of them and Even Older Scott did straight-up overpower Todd in his full-power vegan state, so 6-As all around for Scott Pilgrim Takes Off let's goooooo
Travis Touchdown still pummels Scott

Anyhow I'm also gonna try overhauling the Film Scott Pilgrim profile depending how the AP revisions go

Back