• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(I'm honestly surprised by this whole turn of events. Not even gonna lie here...)

As far as all of this goes, I'm simply going by what we've seen in story, cutscenes and the comics. Scorpion not only has no reason to make an assumption here; the assumption would be at least somewhat wrong regardless, as Jack has ranged weapons of his own to use that (while not as long-distance as Scorpion's spear) would certainly be a factor here. Furthermore, your argument seems to rely on Scorpion actively choosing to stay out of Jack's effective range even though he has a legitimate history of doing the exact opposite during fights.

And in regards to the whole PIS claim, again, consistency is the name of the game here. Jack consistently fights and wins against opponents with powers similar to Scorpion's, and has consistently beaten Aku in his fights with him despite the latter's ranged attacks and ridiculous AP advantage. (He's also been doing this for longer than Scorpion has been alive) Whether or not the creators have been making jokes about it doesn't change the fact that it happened to begin with.

You can spin it how you want. The evidence is there.

EDIT: Score is now 7:2, right? Jesus, that was fast.

As you could probably tell I was really pulling for Scorpion, but I can't think of anything now that you haven't refuted.

Except for maybe a few things:

1) How can Jack deal with Hellfire Manipulation? It's different from typical fire, and if Jack's not dealt with it before it could be to Scorp's advantage.

2) With speed equalized and Scorp's teleporting, couldn't he prolong the fight long enough that he would be stronger than Jack can handle thanks to his power perpetually increasing while in the Netherrealm?

3) Does the fact that Scorp will very likely respawn in the Netherrealm if he is indeed "killed" play any sort of factor?

Also has Scorp ever fought Unrestricted Shao Kahn? Iirc he didn't in MK9 but other than that game I haven't played any with Shao Kahn in it. If he has contended with Unrestricted Shao Kahn, that could also be in his favor, since Shao Kahn is at a higher tier than Aku in that form.

1. Scorpion's hellfire really doesn't work that much differently from typical fire. It may hurt more, but in terms of how it moves and behaves, its the same thing. The only truly different thing here would be Scorpion's ability to summon flames underneath foes, and even that becomes a non-issue with Jack's ability to 'Jump Good'. (Which would put him far out of that attack's range)

2. Scorpion doesn't actively try to prolong fights, especially not with his teleportation. He mostly uses teleportation to strike from multiple angles, and while that could catch Jack off-guard at first, Jack has shown numerous times to be capable of defending himself from many angles at once, so it wouldn't make much of a difference. Even then, no prior knowledge means he has no idea how strong/durable Jack is.

3. Bear in mind that I might be mistaken, but I don't think it works that way. Him reviving in the Netherrealm only happens when he's killed in the mortal plane, at least from what I can remember. Beyond that, I'm pretty sure it was implied that the purity of the Soulnado he was thrown into in the first timeline would have ripped him apart and killed him for good, and since Jack's blade works almost the exact same way as far as how it kills evil beings, it could potentially do the same. Depends, though.

4. Scorpion never once fought Unrestricted Kahn, and would have no real means of combating him if he did. He's also lost to multiple weaker characters before. (Note that Jack's main method of beating Aku involves durability negation. He doesn't overpower Aku. He can't.)

^I grew up on both MK and Samurai Jack. I already like to keep up with the former, and I decided to refresh myself on the latter once the new season started airing.

But yeah, this match can probably be added tomorrow. Good shit.

Voting for Jack due to reasons already stated by MrKing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back