• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling others to the a character who's the best in a certain category

We've have 2 characters. The 1st has official statement to call them fastest of his race, the fastest thing on Earth, the fast living being on the Universe, 2nd to none, unrivaled speed, can't be outran etc.
We have the 2nd character called the arch/toughest/fiercest rival to the 1st character(the same race as him) called identical in speed/attacks(& in general), the same speed/strength, rivals his speed/power, match his speed & abilities/has equal abilities to him, just as fast/quick as him, has simular/the same speed/power, a copy in every aspect including speed/strength, no less powerful/fast, belives to rival 1st character in every aspect of life, equal his ability to race around, shares/equal his speed & agility, has his speed & rivarly, one of his most formidable opponents to match him in almost everyway, introduces introduces to compete with th 1st character.
I was thinking in the worst case scenario the rival is inferior by a very slight margin/barely a difference & in best case case scenario he's his equal in those category. Would the best case scenario be a contraction because you can't have someone equal in if called the best or unrivaled in that category? Or would the unrivaled part be a condraticment as he has only 1 statement says that & is severly outnumbered by the statement that the other character can rival him(& even equal him)in that regard?

Last edited:
I'd say that depends on context, who made the statements, when the rival appeared, who is knowledgeable on the rival, etc.

I'd say that depends on context, who made the statements, when the rival appeared, who is knowledgeable on the rival, etc.
All statements from official sources like guides, manuals, interviews, game description & website and I used statements from the games they both appear in.

Back