• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

“G-G-Ghosts!?” Her eyes widened as she looked at the floating skulls that were...floating. “What do we do about ghosts?!”

I know I can deal with those ghosts, but I have the distinct feeling that'll attract more trouble.

I simply stay put, but my arm, which had returned to normal in the meantime, morphs back into a harpoon-like shape, but doesn't extend.

"Guys, don't worry! I have a plan."

Seraph dispels firefly and flameheart, summoning instead his Seraphim Blade. "Holy magic, for all your undead-stopping needs!"

[Few centimeters away]

Everyone... seems to be able to interact with the ghosts just fine. Must be a perk of being a Chosen. Analysis reveals that these are lost souls from anywhere to a few years ago to centuries past. Holy magic from Seraph seemily cleans the skulls appearance, giving it a more human shape. They do not seem hostile. In fact, they even dance to Orpheous's song. One of them, old and beat up, speaks.

"Long ago... mage of old... tempered with the dead. And... as a result... we were taken off our heads."

S nods to it's words.

"I get it now. This is not just a zombie apocalypse world, this is a necromantic, undead valley. How cruel, to not let the souls of the dead rest in peace."

Before parting, the ghosts leave with a few words.

"Up ahead... watch out for the Watchdog."

And as it breaks down into fog and leaves, sure enough, the party hears what would be called "footsteps" if not for the fact they could be better described as tremors. The trees are shaking.

"... Well, I should be able to actually touch that."

Colis watches the surroundings, waiting for this watchdog to show it's face. There is more than a little curiosity on if the world of the dead motif will stick and he'll have 3 heads.

Karlos frowns at this, the ghosts he knows are always so happy and cheery. But this must be because of different universes.

“Watchdog?” She asked with a tilt of her head before letting out a scoff. “The only dog anyone has to worry about is me! I can handle our canine complications!”

She seemed pretty confident in herself.

“Let’s go! Here comes the first big baddie! This should be good!”

E’s eagerness was somewhat terrifying considering the situation. He was visibly excited and constantly looked around for the “Watchdog”.

“I’m not gonna take that bet” Yafoboolon replies to Alexander
“Anyway.... in hindsight it might have been good if we knew each other’s powers“

"I've already made multiple people very intimate with my powers," Alexander says with a grin.

Good thing Noma menaged to keep her cool, she was litterally || this close to slashing the skull that appeared in front of her as an instictual reaction.
Anyway, with the tremors being as clear as day, the cyborg girl keeps her hand on her sword's handle.
"Watchdog can be just a title, so it could easilly not even be a canine."
Noma comments, while trying to determine from which direction the, very likely ,undead creature is coming from.

Last edited:
Orpheus keeps working on his song, spending time on each and every note, improving the dynamics and getting exactly the right tempo.

Tearing through the foggy night, the tank approaches the source of the tremors. Those with enhanced senses can see the Watchdog. It's quadrupede, but it's skin and muscle composition seems to be mostly human. Octopus tentacles sprout from it's back, and it's head... it's heads look directly at your direction, eyes glowing red amisd the haze. It's 4 heads both resemble a lion and a dog.

"Looks like someone lost a bet." DJ smugly remarks as the beast roars and rages, it's screams hitting the tank barrier like a shockwave. Zombies, countless of the, flood foward, as if in responce to the Watchdog's command. Some more muscular zombies are among them as well.

They jump at the closest person they can see. DJ's hand glows red.

You see melanie was fully expecting a dog. What she was not expecting was a demon dog from the pits of hell. She took one look at it and let out a small puppy whimper.

“That’s no dog! Why would you ever call that a dog!?”

Karlos smiles at this, taking out his muskets, the music on the boombox now blaring loudly. The boat rams into the horde at full force.

"... Mildly disappointing."

Colis creates more bone spikes from his fingers, stabbing the zombies and eventually surrounding them in a cage to trap them. In the process, he shifts his eyes back to normal. The disadvantage behind an owl's sight is they can't move their eyes, which is likely going to be essential for proper combat. To compensate... Hearing likely won't go well, try a dog's sense of smell. Overwhelming odor is easier to deal with than overwhelming noise bound to come from this encounter.

"OH, OKAY." Seraph immediately flies up into the air, switching from a sitting position to a standing position. A giant sword-shaped construct of holy energy forms along the mythril/crystal blade as he prepares to fire.

Last edited:
"Kill the dog! Eliminate the plague from the root!", I exclaim, teleporting behind the watchdog and taking my sword, unleashing a fiery cut against the heads.

Serena's body begins glowing white, with the light of Shine, which is also given to some of the others near her, those who look like they can handle themselves close up, Astraea for example. [I'll let the others decide for themselves if they get it, but basically anyone who looks like a melee fighter]

She then uses Flash Air, teleporting to somewhat above it, and tries to toss a Black Key to pin the enemy.

“Well then” Yafoboolon summons 7 swords into the grasp of his extended bone and nerves, attacking the zombies from a distance (behind most others if he can), taxing the impact exerted on them by 35% as well as their physical output by such, using the taxed physical power himself to dispatch more undead with more vigour. Once he has done this enough he will get his bones and nerves to absorb the zombies.

Back