• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Satsuki Kiryuin VS. Esdeath

Until Satsuki shockwaves and gives away where she is and her position, which she does by existing.

>Satsuki isn't willing to kill people in combad

This is literally what Ryuko said in response to Satsuki's willingness to kill people in combat.

Ae8a5175ec085dc1f176aec5cc32eb30

WeeklyBattles said:
Satsuki regularly uses her sword to reach kilometers as her sword creates multi-kilometer shockwaves when she swings it, hell she's done so with her mere presence several times
Esdeath needs ice to reach kilometers, Satsuki just needs to exist to do the same
Inverse square law means the shockwaves are basically useless at that range tho

@Zephros Not really seeing as she's harmed people on her level with her shockwaves from that distance as have people who are on her level

I have a problem with that, actually. This is something I've been wanting to know since the Garou thread. We say that Satsuki's shockwaves are comparable to her, however the only instance I've ever seen them work on was an inexperienced Pre-Synchronized Ryuko, who didn't know how to use Senketsu properly. Once she properly used it, Ryuko fought on par with her despite the wounds she sustained earlier, even evolving her Scissor Blade.

Why does this scale at all?

Because she's used her shockwaves on Ryuko and other opponents of comparable power throughout the entirety of the series and consistently harmed them with them? Off the top of my had she used her shockwaves on 7-A ryuko and visibly harmed her.

Off the top of my head she harmed Ryuko with her shockwaves during the battle for Osaka and Ryuko oneshot numerous 7-A covers with a shockwave in her base form

WeeklyBattles said:
Off the top of my head she harmed Ryuko with her shockwaves during the battle for Osaka and Ryuko oneshot numerous 7-A covers with a shockwave in her base form
Scans/Clips please.

That'll do, Satsuki could get a couple of decent hits on Esdeath and get a head start on the fight possibly, I still don't think she has answer to Time Stop whilst speed is equalised, She'll still have more than enough time to use it when pressed. And Satsuki still can't finish Esdeath before then.

They're useless at 4KM range is the issue. Shockwaves and explosions massively dissipate the further way you are from it.

Also those clips show 7A Satsuki shockwaving (Is that a word) 7C Ryuko

Going down the list on each Gif

1. Uzu is far weaker then Satsuki, his Mark 1 version of himself said he "Might" beat her middle school self

2. That was pre synchronization Ryuko, like Milly mentioned above.

3. The Army is fodder though

4. Same as 2.

5. Same as 2.

Just to go even further, from 4KM away? The elite 4 could withstand shockwaves from both Satsuki and Ryuko's willpower from a much lesser distance https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQBG1KTS4M

Let's ignore all of the arguments against shockwaves and why they don't work so I can ask, why does it matter? Shockwaving gives away her position removing the need for senses. And Satsuki, even if she wear to Spam Shockwaves, even if she were to actually harm someone comparable to her at that distance, continuously spamming shockwaves and Esdeath trying to counter gives her all the more reason to counter attack. You keep assuming that Esdeath will stand there and do nothing when she can not only end the fight then and there whenever she wants, but has always, I repeat, always, time stopped with her not being caught off guard. Esdeath will time Stop if Satsuki were to constantly spam shockwaves and Esdeath had no other choice but to use it when all her other options are moot by shockwaves

Shockwaves are not giving her a win, and they completely render any chance of Satsuki going stealth

But, with that in mind, she shockwaves in character, rendering senses out of the question now.

Im just going to gloss over everything you just said seeing as you appear to have missed the fact that all of the feats i posted for satsuki were casual as hell and her holding back immensely

Also the first clip i posted is satsuki shockwaving 7-A Ryuko

<I'm just going to gloss over everything you just said

No. No you won't.

Lack of Evidence is not Evidence, assuming that her harming people on her level is possible from 4KM away when that never happened is out of the question.

Ryuko and Satsuki went all out post synchronization, neither harmed eachother with a shockwave, and the one time they did do a shockwave Ryuko got blown back without any harm at point blank range.

Also, you glossing over my post means you clearly did not read the other half, the entire part of the post where I said that shockwaves won't give her the win even if they did what you say they can.

So no, you will not gloss over my entire post, you will Address when they have done that, and you will address how they give her the win with that.

Debating with you is pointless if you're not going to read. The least you could do on a match that won't even be added.

WeeklyBattles said:
Im just going to gloss over everything you just said seeing as you appear to have missed the fact that all of the feats i posted for satsuki were casual as hell and her holding back immensely

Also the first clip i posted is satsuki shockwaving 7-A Ryuko
That was a blade strike, not a shockwave.

Nor at 4KM distance

Schnee One said:
Let's ignore all of the arguments against shockwaves and why they don't work so I can ask, why does it matter? Shockwaving gives away her position removing the need for senses. And Satsuki, even if she wear to Spam Shockwaves, even if she were to actually harm someone comparable to her at that distance, continuously spamming shockwaves and Esdeath trying to counter gives her all the more reason to counter attack. You keep assuming that Esdeath will stand there and do nothing when she can not only end the fight then and there whenever she wants, but has always, I repeat, always, time stopped with her not being caught off guard. Esdeath will time Stop if Satsuki were to constantly spam shockwaves and Esdeath had no other choice but to use it when all her other options are moot by shockwaves

Shockwaves are not giving her a win, and they completely render any chance of Satsuki going stealth

But, with that in mind, she shockwaves in character, rendering senses out of the question now.

Schnee One said:
I already gave evidence that both satsuki and people on satsuki's level physically are able to harm each other at long range with their shockwaves, no assumptions are being made here

WeeklyBattles said:

No. You are not glossing over me saying shockwaves won't matter even if everything you said was true. Ignoring my post and focusing on one part of it and not the part where I point out that Shockwaves will not give her the victory even if they did that will not suffice.

Me: Shockwaves haven't harmed someone on her level from 4KM away

You: Shows Evidence

Me: Goes against Evidence. Also shows that they won't give her the win even with that in mind

You: I'm going to gloss over it.

You will not gloss over the part where they will not give her the win despite that.

Seeing as, regardless of what you try to claim, timestop is a last resort that esdeath has feigned to use even when her life was in danger, i dont see why shockwaves wouldnt help

Schnee One said:
And Satsuki, even if she wear to Spam Shockwaves, even if she were to actually harm someone comparable to her at that distance, continuously spamming shockwaves and Esdeath trying to counter gives her all the more reason to counter attack. You keep assuming that Esdeath will stand there and do nothing when she can not only end the fight then and there whenever she wants, but has always, I repeat, always, time stopped with her not being caught off guard. Esdeath will time Stop if Satsuki were to constantly spam shockwaves and Esdeath had no other choice but to use it when all her other options are moot by shockwaves

Mine: She time stopped

Susannoo: Did it again

Tatsumi: Did it again

Akame: Didn't see her as she was fighting off an entire army, and got cut, still time stopped and regenerated the wound

She has never not time stopped to avoid an inevitable situation, nor is she a braindead idiot that will sit there and tank repeated shockwave attacks until she dies.

So as far as I can tell Satsuki's best win con is that if Esdeath chooses not to use Time Stop, when she absolutely would and with speed equalised she'd have more than enough chances to do so. Is that about right?

Back