• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Satsuki Kiryuin VS. Esdeath

Okay so Base uzu has the ability to predict what his opponent will do by analyzing every muscle twitch of their body, does this omnidireectionally, and it allows him to know an opponent's entire fighting style just by observing these slight movements. MK 2 Uzu has a further enhanced version of this ability that allows him to use it omnidirectionally over a multi-kilometer radius on top of being able to react instinctively to incoming attacks. Satsuki was able to get through these senses in her base form on multiple occasions through sheer skill, to the point that Uzu acknowledged that even Satsuki as a middle schooler would have likely beaten him even with his enhanced senses. Nui was able to catch satsuki off guard on multiple occasions and was able to bypass Uzu's senses so casually that he was attacking an afterimage of hers for several seconds before he even realized she wasnt there, while she also immediately pinpointed and caught off guard another character, Inumuta, who had created numerous invisible clones of herself and who, in the form used in that fight, has passive information analysis across the entire battlefield. Later on in the series, Ryuko was able to bypass Nui's senses to the point that Ryuko was able to cut off both of her arms without Nui even realizing it until she saw them on the ground in front of her, as well as bypass Mk 2 Sanageyama's senses casually, with Satsuki at this point in the series having gone through an awakening that amped her senses even further and allowed her to match nui and Ryuko's and bypass Sanageyma's senses again in her base form.

TLDR: Satsuki has a massive chain of bypassing the senses of people who have total omnidirectional spatial awareness across a multi-kilometer range through sheer skill. She would be able to catch Esdeath off guard.

@Schnee If she catches Esdeath off guard before she can use timestop she doesnt really need knowledge of it

Are you implying that her having instinctive reactions makes her blitz Esdeath or something?

Esdeath was focused purely on the thousands of soldiers in front of her while Akame snuck up from behind, its not exactly something Satsuki can replicate

No im implying that due to satsuki being able to catch people who have total spatial awareness over a multi-kilometer wide area as well as the ability to see people's aura and have instinctual reactions off guard, as well as catch people who can consistently bypass those people's senses off guard, she would be able to catch esdeath off guard before esdeath realizes she needs to stop time.

Satsuki doesn't use Stealth tactics in a fight, evidenced by literally all of her fight sin the series

Even then what is more likely to happen, Satsuki dominating in CQC but getting time stopped? Or her going stealth tactics? The former of course, because she always does that

WeeklyBattles said:
@Crop Satsuki has higher range that esdeath, has comparable experience, time stop is a last resort move that she can only use once, versatility wont really help when her opponent is vastly more skilled in direct combat and much more mobile, and 'ice' isnt really the best reasoning, thats the equivalent of saying Satsuki via sword
>satsuki needs shockwaves to reach kilometers

>esdeath is older and has fought since childhood

>versatility can make her a hundred ice shields and structures and shiet to throw her off

>"freezing someone is comparable to having a sword"

Esdeath needs ice to reach kilometers

Satsuki has fought since childhood and has actual demonstrable skill feats in combat

Satsuki has the AP to counteract Esdeath's ice

No? Though youre kinda implying satsuki doesnt create shockwaves with her attacks when the entire series says otherwise lol

Then why do you say "Esdeath needs ice to reach kilometers" like it matters and she doesn't use ice more than sword than Satsuki uses sword over shockwaves

Satsuki regularly uses her sword to reach kilometers as her sword creates multi-kilometer shockwaves when she swings it, hell she's done so with her mere presence several times

Esdeath needs ice to reach kilometers, Satsuki just needs to exist to do the same

Catching Esdeath off guard without knowing that she'd have to hide her killing intent seems like too much of a stretch for me.

It's definitely a close fight, but time stop is definitely a big factor and with her knowledge of the human body Esdeath would definitely kill if she was pushed into using it.

With their speed equalised Esdeath would more often then not get the chance to use Time Stop, especially if Satsuki is smashing through her ice.

@Viper please read the large post i made above, its not a stretch at all given the senses of the people that Satsuki has consistently bypassed

Its not really a close fight at all, the only edge esdeath has over satsuki is her one use timestop, Satsuki trumps her in every other category

Her one use time Stop does not matter

Satsuki doesn't purposely stealth against enemies, she fights in CQC in literally every fight in the entire series

She gets close, tries to strike, gets time stopped and dies

Satsuki has stealthed in the middle of cqc before though, hell even peolpe less skilled than her like Ryuko have been able to catch people as skilled as nui off guard in the middle of cqc

I did read Weekly, In my opinion spatial awareness and killing intent are too different from one another for me to consider bypassing one is equal to the other, as Satsuki herself would have to be aware herself that if she has any intentions of killing Esdeath that it would give her away.

I know that Satuski has most of the edges in this fight, she just doesn't have that much of an edge in those categories to take Esdeath out before she time stops and kills.

WeeklyBattles said:
Satsuki has stealthed in the middle of cqc before though, hell even peolpe less skilled than her like Ryuko have been able to catch people as skilled as nui off guard in the middle of cqc
When?

Ryuko surprising Nui? No she blitzed her.

@Viper Satsuki regularly suppresses her killing intent in combat

@Schnee when they fought on the Naked Sol

>Satsuki doesnt kill in character

Not counting th hundreds of people and creatures she canonically killed or had killed throughout the series or...? Also ignoring her claim that people who dont go for the kill in a fight arent fit to fight at all...?

Mine and the others I guess? Senses don't matter if your opponent won't bother doing stealth.

I know she doesn't kill in character, but in this fight it would be different wouldn't it? I thought this fight is suppose to be to the death? If so then there'd be intent to kill on both sides.

Satsuki 100% kills in character. Her entire ideology is that people who arent willing to go for the kill arent fit to fight at all. And she alone killed hundreds of people over the course of the series not even counting the people she ordered killed.

Schnee One said:
Mine and the others I guess? Senses don't matter if your opponent won't bother doing stealth.
She used her ability to bypass people in cqc

Stealth doesnt matter when your opponent has feats of bypassing senses in cqc

I specifically showed the example was Ryuko blitzing somebody

Also, outmatching somebody in CQC isn't surprising them, that's a skill feat, nor does it make her magically fast enough to strike before Esdeath can time Stop. This argument is going in circles

Senses don't even matter in a fight between people in CQC, you don't need enhanced senses to fight in CQC and bypassing them does not make a person magically incapable of even perceiving an attack in a speed equal match

Weekly can you show me proof of Satsuki suppressing her killing intent please? Because I don't remember that being a thing in Kill la Kill.

Doesn't even matter, Senses won't come into play in this fight given Esdeath nor Satsuki are using stealth

That makes sense Schnee One I'm in agreement with you.

This is after all only a discussion for fun currently any ways, I hope everyone is enjoying themselves.

@Schnee Seeing as by SBA theyre starting 4 km away from each other with no knowledge of where the other is senses would actually come into play

Back