• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Satoru Gojo Profile Update | JJK Jujutsu Kaisen

Status
Not open for further replies.
One needs to show exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence within one field to be considered a genius. Read the description for genius.

Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, usually in one area of varying depth.

Gojo meets this requirement, he has an immeasurable understanding in curse energy manipulation compared to people who haven't like several talented sorcerers like Naoya, Megumi, Naobito, Getou, Kashimo, Ryu etc, he has the most complex ct conceptually, is able to do anything he tries to. His time spent in the prison realm also increased his understanding in domain manipulation.

His depth of ce manipulation is nearly the peak of the verse besides Sukuna therefore, he is a genius.

Can check wikipedia for how they describe genius as well. Its really all about the person's creativity and application within certain fields or field that surpasses expectation of others in it, which Gojo does so.
Hence why I said, in combat. This “genius” you claim he is doesn’t get pass understanding CE and curses.

Author saying hes a all-around genius is NLF... alright.
The genius only applies to combat from what has been portrayed. You can’t claim he’s an all round genius when he’s only shown evidence related to curse combat. and yes the author saying that is NLF without proof.

The genius only applies to combat from what has been portrayed. You can’t claim he’s an all round genius when he’s only shown evidence related to curse combat.
It says that he is successful at anything he tries immediately to the point where he cant really enjoy anything, without specifying combat. The second example shows he is also unfamiliar with the learning process of normal people, which is further proof that he is outstanding generally, not just CE and combat. If he was strictly a combat genius, he would not be unfamiliar with the idea of needing time to learn something.
yes the author saying that is NLF without proof.
Aight at this point your problem is with Gege not me 🤷‍♂️ The fact that the author of the series established it as a fact aside, i personally don't even see anything wrong with Gojo being a [general] genius. His birth literally changed the world of JJK at a foundational level, he is very clearly established to just be built different in every way possible and not just a generational talent. This contradicts nothing in the JJK verse. But yeah if Gege saying it isn't convincing you, nothing is, so ill stop here.

It says that he is successful at anything he tries immediately to the point where he cant really enjoy anything, without specifying combat. The second example shows he is also unfamiliar with the learning process of normal people, which is further proof that he is outstanding generally, not just CE and combat. If he was strictly a combat genius, he would not be unfamiliar with the idea of needing time to learn something.

Aight at this point your problem is with Gege not me 🤷‍♂️ The fact that the author of the series established it as a fact aside, i personally don't even see anything wrong with Gojo being a [general] genius. His birth literally changed the world of JJK at a foundational level, he is very clearly established to just be built different in every way possible and not just a generational talent. This contradicts nothing in the JJK verse. But yeah if Gege saying it isn't convincing you, nothing is, so ill stop here.
But none of what you’ve said backs up his intelligence, you’re saying his birth changed the jjk curse world and he’s built differently but how does that correlate to genral intelligence ?

But none of what you’ve said backs up his intelligence, you’re saying his birth changed the jjk curse world and he’s built differently but how does that correlate to genral intelligence ?
1095836181773ee3969f4e4101d283fb.png

"He can do anything he tries", is not proof of general intelligence?

1095836181773ee3969f4e4101d283fb.png

"He can do anything he tries", is not proof of general intelligence?
It’s not, only limited. He can do anything he ties is high level nlf if there’s no proof or range to back that up. Take sonic for example who’s rated as genius, not just based on his quick grasp of things related to combat but actual statements of rivaling Eggman in brilliance.

It’s not, only limited. He can do anything he ties is high level nlf if there’s no proof or range to back that up. Take sonic for example who’s rated as genius, not just based on his quick grasp of things related to combat but actual statements of rivaling Eggman in brilliance.

Alright in that case you could just write that hes exceptionally intelligent, but only a proven genius in combat. At the very least he is exceptional compared to the average person. I am not arguing for him to be Eggman/Loid Forger levels of superhuman iq, just really talented and intelligent across a wide spectrum of things (being literally everything hes ever tried) according to author comments.

Alright in that case you could just write that hes exceptionally intelligent, but only a proven genius in combat. At the very least he is exceptional compared to the average person. I am not arguing for him to be Eggman/Loid Forger levels of superhuman iq, just really talented and intelligent across a wide spectrum of things (being literally everything hes ever tried) according to author comments.
Gifted normally, and genius In combat seems better worded. That specific statement isn’t substantial enough for him to be given genius

He is definitely a genius. Understanding the fundamentals of CE, Red, Blue, Purple, Infinity... none of that is something a "gifted" person would understand how to use.

His rating is fine as is.
Yeah gotta agree with this. And to add onto it, CE is a literal energy source that forms their entire universe on an informational level and the application of powering cursed techniques, forming barriers and domains just isn't something normal humans would grasp without having talent or being born into the jujutsu world that commonly utilizes it. The verses characters kinda border on all being gifted individuals if we look at it that way and Gojo stands at the peak with Sukuna.

Yeah gotta agree with this. And to add onto it, CE is a literal energy source that forms their entire universe on an informational level and the application of powering cursed techniques, forming barriers and domains just isn't something normal humans would grasp without having talent or being born into the jujutsu world that commonly utilizes it. The verses characters kinda border on all being gifted individuals if we look at it that way and Gojo stands at the peak with Sukuna.
This is all under curse techniques bro, not enough to make one a genius generally. Only in combat. I’ve literally explained why he can’t be a genius generally with the sonic reference. There’s no evidence of him mastering anything outside of things combat and curse related so he can’t be a genius

This is all under curse techniques bro, not enough to make one a genius generally. Only in combat. I’ve literally explained why he can’t be a genius generally with the sonic reference. There’s no evidence of him mastering anything outside of things combat and curse related so he can’t be a genius
You missed my point completely lmao. Go find me a human irl who can control/manipulate or even explain to you the detailed mechanics that involve controlling a universal energy source on an informational level and then applying it how sorcerers do on the daily. You can't and that's because doing such a feat requires abnormal intelligence we don't understand.

You missed my point completely lmao. Go find me a human irl who can control/manipulate or even explain to you the detailed mechanics that involve controlling a universal energy source on an informational level and then applying it how sorcerers do on the daily. You can't and that's because doing such a feat requires abnormal intelligence we don't understand.
Abnormal intelligence that’s not to the point of being a genius outside of jujutsu combat lmao .You can’t claim that because he understands curses better than regular humans then he’s absolutely generally smarter than them when there’s absolutely no proof of such but NLF statements by the author with no backings. There is a reason why it’s specified on character pages if they’re geniuses in combat or just in day to day life. Gojo is not a genius in day to day life maybe gifted, but definitely not a genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back