• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, I am voting for Ikki right now.

I believe votes for Ikki are me, Planck, Zencha, Arcker, Dereck, Bernkastell and Maverick. Maybe Gin too, though I'm not sure of him.

Ikki wouldn't use IR as a first move on an opponent he just met unless he is certain he can one-shot in 1 second.

Ikki doing that is literally just as likely as Sasuke starting with Genjustu.

Actually, Sasuke's probably done that more often if you count his fights against fodder.

Ikki wouldn't use IR as a first move on an opponent he just met unless he is certain he can one-shot in 1 second.

Ikki doing that is literally just as likely as Sasuke starting with Genjustu.

Actually, Sasuke's probably done that more often if you count his fights against fodder.
Which is why it is fortunate this wasn't claimed, eh? I said he would if he was given the time to realize how strong Sasuke is.

And... I don't believe that, no. The times he used genjutsu as an opening that I recall was to suppress Kurama and to intimidate Sai.

Also, again, simply tricking perception doesn't work against someone who has a sixth sense. And for the matter, Ikki is pained rather badly when using his amp, so that would break most genjutsu that aren't outright knock out too.

And... I don't believe that, no. The times he used genjutsu as an opening that I recall was to suppress Kurama and to intimidate Sai.
Because, as I said, you're excluding fodder.

There were like 4-5 occasions where he just immediately put no-names under genjutsu without even fighting them.

Because, as I said, you're excluding fodder.

There were like 4-5 occasions where he just immediately put no-names under genjutsu without even fighting them.
Which where? And were those people, by chance, knocked out by the genjutsu?

I know he uses genjutsu more in the anime, but most of the time in the manga it comes into importance a good bit in the battle.

And I don't think he ever actually used the kind of genjutsu that would work here, like what Itachi did to that lady who distracted Jiraiya. His genjutsu are either making people see shit, or knocking them unocoscious, neither of which would really matter.

Okay… So that’s 10 votes for Ikki, yes? I don’t exactly know how this situation should be handled given that teeeeeeeechnically the votes for Ikki started rolling in after grace was over. Buuuuuuut new points in Ikki’s favour WERE brought up that seem legit.

Okay… So that’s 10 votes for Ikki, yes? I don’t exactly know how this situation should be handled given that teeeeeeeechnically the votes for Ikki started rolling in after grace was over. Buuuuuuut new points in Ikki’s favour WERE brought up that seem legit.
Well, so, a grace in Ikki favour can start, no?

This idea that Sasuke doesn't use genjutsu in character is quite frankly stupid, no offense.
  • Here's him using it on Sai the first time they met.
  • Here's him using it against Naruto and Kurama.
  • Here's him using it on Kabuto.
  • Here's him using it on Deidara, twice.
  • Here's him using it on Manda to save himself from a point blank explosion, showcasing his quick thinking and inclination to use it.
  • I don't think I need to mention the genjutsu battle he had with Itachi, do I? Itachi was holding back, but that has no bearing on Sasuke's inclination or ability to use genjutsu in character.
  • Here's him using it on a Kumo fodder.
  • Here's him using it on Killer Bee.
  • Here's him using it against Cee.
  • Here's him using it on Danzo, Twice.
  • Here's him using it on White Zetsu.
  • Here's Kabuto acknowledging the threat of both his and Itachi's genjutsu.
  • Here's him using it against all 9 Bijū.
  • Here's him using it on Sakura.
  • This isn't even mentioning the numerous examples of him using genjutsu in the novels and whatnot. Trust me, there's quite a bit of those. His fight with Chino comes to mind.

So, with all these examples, are you guys really saying that it's not in character for Sasuke to use genjutsu? Seriously? Gimme a ******* break.
Just because he doesn't use it 100% of the time, doesn't mean it's not in character for him. By that logic nothing will be in character for anyone. We can't cherry pick like that.
Sasuke is one of the people who used Sharingan genjutsu the most, second only to Itachi really. He didn't use it much during the war because literally all of his relevant opponents were either experienced MS users who'd be able to counter him (Obito and Madara), people with natural counters (Kabuto and Naruto), or ******* Ōtsutsuki Kaguya.
But prior to the war arc, it's extremely common for him to whip it out consistently as I've showcased.

Yeah Sasuke starting with genjutsu is pretty likely, especially considering EMS Sasuke just always has his sharingan on basically, and doesn't even have to turn it on first. So I'll vote Sasuke fra

This idea that Sasuke doesn't use genjutsu in character is quite frankly stupid, no offense.
Good thing no-one claimed that. Instead, it was pointed out he rarely starts with it (as in, he starts with something else more times than not), knock out genjutsu would be useless because Ikki still fights if unconscious, and perception manipulation would be at least partially countered by his extrasensory perception.

Putting it simply, the only genjutsu Sasuke has that Ikki's body and perception wouldn't be useful against would be the kind Itachi used on the random woman, Madara and Obito used on Kurama, and what he did to Manba.

It is within his ability, but he does not start with it.

This isn't a drawn out battle, or one of immense wits. Ikki has an ability that let's him blitz and one-shot. He will use it if he thinks he is outmatched. Sasuke's power would make him feel that way.

This means that if Sasuke uses a ninjutsu, tajutsu or even a knock-out/perception manipulating genjutsu, Ikki would blitz and kill.

I'm voting Sasuke.

I just don't buy Ikki using IR before Sasuke uses genjutsu.

Ikki's sixth sense also seems wanked as the description and example given is literally just him tracking something too fast for the eyes to see and moving into his blind spot, and not someone literally controlling his senses. The range of this sense is also limited to things within the range of his sword.

I kinda forgot that this is EMS Sasuke lol. This means he usually starts with Amaterasu, Susano'o, and/or Enton.

I don't even recall him starting any encounter during the Early to Mid War Arc using Taijutsu or regular Ninjutsu. It's usually been Susano'o, Amaterasu, Enton, and/or Genjutsu.
I can provide a list similar to the one I posted for his chronological genjutsu usage, but I don't think it's necessary.

Essa ideia de que Sasuke não usa genjutsu no personagem é francamente estúpida, sem ofensa.
  • Aqui está ele usando em Sai na primeira vez que se encontraram.
  • Aqui está ele usando isso contra Naruto e Kurama.
  • Aqui está ele usando em Kabuto.
  • Aqui está ele usando em Deidara, duas vezes.
  • Aqui está ele usando em Manda para se salvar de uma explosão à queima-roupa, mostrando seu raciocínio rápido e inclinação para usá-lo.
  • Não acho que preciso mencionar a batalha de genjutsu que ele teve com Itachi, preciso? Itachi estava se segurando, mas isso não influenciava a inclinação de Sasuke ou habilidade de usar genjutsu no personagem.
  • Aqui está ele usando em uma forragem de Kumo .
  • Aqui está ele usando no Killer Bee .
  • Aqui está ele usando isso contra Cee .
  • Aqui está ele usando no Danzo, duas vezes.
  • Aqui está ele usando no Zetsu Branco.
  • Aqui está Kabuto reconhecendo a ameaça de seu genjutsu e do de Itachi.
  • Aqui está ele usando contra todos os 9 Bijū.
  • Aqui está ele usando em Sakura.
  • Isso nem menciona os numerosos exemplos dele usando genjutsu nos romances e outros enfeites. Acredite em mim, há um pouco disso. Sua luta com Chino vem à mente.

Então, com todos esses exemplos, vocês estão realmente dizendo que Sasuke não usa genjutsu? A sério? Dá um tempo, porra.
Só porque ele não o usa 100% do tempo, não significa que não esteja de acordo com o personagem. Por essa lógica, nada será adequado para ninguém. Não podemos escolher assim.
Sasuke é uma das pessoas que mais usa o genjutsu do Sharingan, atrás apenas de Itachi. Ele não o usou muito durante a guerra porque literalmente todos os seus oponentes relevantes eram usuários experientes de MS que seriam capazes de contra-atacá-lo (Obito e Madara), pessoas com contadores naturais (Kabuto e Naruto) ou a porra de Ōtsutsuki Kaguya .
Mas antes do arco de guerra, é extremamente comum para ele sacar consistentemente como eu mostrei.
Yeah, Sasuke stomps.

‘Kay, so… Grace for Sasuke again ever since Rez made his vote it seems.

How many more votes can we get cumulative? Let’s break a record here, alright?

Back