• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs. Ruby Rose

I think Ruby should take this handedly. She has never killed a person, and all the Grimm she has killed have been specifically stated to not have souls. Also, RWBY characters get their souls attacked all the time (their aura), Sam's attacks should be nothing new. And if she lands 1 hit Sans just dies.

Sans kr doesn't require kill count. Not a expert on RWBY but pretty sure that isn't the case that their aura protect theirs souls.

KR doesn't require a kill count.

That, and Sans negates soul resistance.

It's intent to cause harm and Ruby is the most innocent character in the show. And how does he negate soul resistance if he attacks someone's soul.

Morlock435 said:
It's intent to cause harm and Ruby is the most innocent character in the show. And how does he negate would resistance if he attacks someone's soul.
Kr doesn't care how good or evil you are. It's just soul poison. In fact KR is exactly how he bypasses resistance to soul damage.

@huesito88 its not that their aura protects their souls, its that their aura IS their soul. They literally get hit in their soul all the time.

@the_wright_way so how is the damage it deals determined now then? Because it used to be intent to kill/pain you caused/people you have killed.

Ok so I looked into the other Sans threads and it's constantly brought up that KR damage is based on the people they have killed. Ruby hasn't killed anyone, it won't do much if anything.

Morlock435 said:
Ok so I looked into the other Sans threads and it's constantly brought up that KR damage is based on the people they have killed. Ruby hasn't killed anyone, it won't do much if anything.
Those threads are old. It does the same amount to everyone.

It was decided because their was no canon evidence for it. It's never even called Karmic Retribution in the game, just KR.

The Wright Way said:
It was decided because their was no canon evidence for it. It's never even called Karmic Retribution in the game, just KR.
Toby stated in his twitter that he was originally planning to have a karma function in the game that went up based on how many monsters you killed, implying that KR does stand for Karma

To be accurate it's Karma since in battle a very rare text can appear.

"KARMA coursing through your veins."

If there is no proof that KR is and isn't based on a sort of karma function" shouldn't the solution with less assumptions be the answer? Provided that Toby's comments about the karma were true.

Tenebricite said:
The Wright Way said:
Toby stated in his twitter that he was originally planning to have a karma function in the game that went up based on how many monsters you killed, implying that KR does stand for Karma
But that function was never added so we can't assume it's canon.

Morlock435 said:
If there is no proof that KR is and isn't based on a sort of karma function" shouldn't the solution with less assumptions be the answer? Provided that Toby's comments about the karma were true.
This is the solution with less assumptions.

If the battle messages and words from the creator both support it, you would have to assume that just because he wasn't able to implement a full karma system the fight in genocide vs sans did not use karma.

Morlock435 said:
If the battle messages and words from the creator both support it, you would have to assume that just because he wasn't able to implement a full karma system the fight in genocide vs sans did not use karma.
Sins crawling on your back could just refer to guilt. It was never added to the game so it's not canon.

If it was never added to the game then the letters KR would never be there for that fight only. Let me explain that a bit better, it wouldn't be called KR if Toby didn't have the intention to have it karma related.

Someone wins I dunno who.... I really don't like these verses anyway..... Voting mcinconclusive because I have no clue.... I might change it but we have to see....

Morlock435 said:
If it was never added to the game then the letters KR would never be there for that fight only. Let me explain that a bit better, it wouldn't be called KR if Toby didn't have the intention to have it karma related.
Author intent doesn't matter if it's not directly stated. It's never outright said to be based in kill count so we can't assume it is. Period.

Lord Vader54 said:
Someone wins I dunno who.... I really don't like these verses anyway..... Voting mcinconclusive because I have no clue.... I might change it but we have to see....
You need to give a reason or else your vote can't be counted.

The Wright Way said:
Lord Vader54 said:
You need to give a reason or else your vote can't be counted.
Ses because of soul manip.... It's honestly how he wins like almost every match anyway

Lets see:

1.Flight?-countered by gravity manipulation

2.Intangibility?-Soul manipulation can handle that

3.Forcefield?-That maybe a problem for Sans.But he can spam bones and rapidly blast her and danmaku might get Ruby in trouble even with her mobility.Don't forget about his telekinesis,He can throw Ruby like a ragdoll.He can trick Ruby to fall under his traps like he did with Frisk.

Her forcefield is around her body and her body alone, and its invisible, she's not going to get ragdolled inside of it and he's not even going to know she has it

In what way does soul manipulation counter intangibility?

Also i'd like to point out that Sans's Wall level bones arent going to do anything against a Multi-City Block level forcefield

WeeklyBattles said:
Her forcefield is around her body and her body alone, and its invisible, she's not going to get ragdolled inside of it and he's not even going to know she has it
according to logic, she can get hit in her own forcefield via telekinesis from inside, because telekinesis doesnt apply the shield, Duhhhhh

and that statement i stated, makes sense

WeeklyBattles said:
In what way does soul manipulation counter intangibility?
Also i'd like to point out that Sans's Unknown level bones are going to do anything against a Multi-City Block level forcefield
fixed your statement

Back