• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Nathan Drake - Fool's Gold

Might as well, I'm wanting to try my hand at some other 9-As.

Plot: Nathan is on the hunt in the lands of Undertale, just as he's bagged himself some nice treasure Sans comes along to try and take it off of him.

Speed is equalised, SBA etc etc.

Gonna have a bad time: 0

Nononononono: 0

Incon: 0

So. How likely is Nathan to resort to his mystical stuff early on?
There is his Probability Manipulation, which in canon, gives him a quantity of automatic misses from bullets before it needs to replenish to prevent him being hit, but....
Sans isn't using bullets, he's usng... magic soul bones. Guns can misfire or have moisture or non-ideal amounts of gunpowder hinder their firing...

....but what element does luck play in allowing magic soul bones to be dodged?
Is there a connection between the movement & position of Sans's hands/fingers & where he's aiming? His gaze?
Would Nathan's luck forcefully move Sans's hands or fingers slightly, or change where Sans is looking, or make Sans have mental missteps? CAN his luck do Body Control or Mind Manipulation stuff like that, even on a small scale, to achieve the "lucky" end results? Has it worked on thngs other than gunfire? What things & how?

In theory, though, Nathan does have some options, like slowing down time, or using the El Dorado to launch homing specters to sort-of-Danmaku-attack Sans himself.
Also:
Resurrection (Via the Cintamani Stone. Channels the power of the Cintamani stone to revive downed allies), Invisibility & Speed Amplification (Via Spirit of the Djinn. Renders himself invisible and gains a speed boost while rolling or jumping off a rope swing), Time Manipulation (Via Indra’s Eternity. Creates a field which slows all enemy movement), Limited Teleportation (Via Path of Indra. Teleports himself to a nearby teammate)

Does his Resurrection work on himself?
When do the invisibility &/or speed boost apply? I feel like the "while rolling or jumping off a rope swing" part leaves it interpretable that some effects only apply "while rolling or jumping off a rope swing".
His profile doesn't appear to state the range of Indra's Eternity.
Does Path of Indra work without a teammate? If so, can he teleport anywhere, or only to "people"? If not, what defines a teammate, I wonder?

I'm not at all familiar with Uncharted, but Nathan seems impressively capable, but I don't yet know if he is actually capable enough.

Been a very long time since I played Uncharted but iirc Drake's luck can apply to other things than gunfire hitting him. Iirc he jumped onto a chandelier and fell with it accurately falling in a way that left him in the middle of it perfectly unharmed tho iirc

Been a very long time since I played Uncharted but iirc Drake's luck can apply to other things than gunfire hitting him. Iirc he jumped onto a chandelier and fell with it accurately falling in a way that left him in the middle of it perfectly unharmed tho iirc
I'd presume that's true, but my question is more about how able to influence the actions of others it is.

Sans's bones missing isn't because a gun, a mechanical device he's using malfunctions; It'd likely be because Sans mentally or physically errs. HAS Nathan's luck been shown to influence how others think or move or act, even in miniscule ways?
A chandelier lacks agency, unlike a human -or in this case, a skeleton- who can decide where & how to move their arm, hand, fingers, etc.

This match was before the Undertale CRT iirc, regardless even so Nathan has bullshit luck so he can likely survive the first few attacks via Sans having smth happen to him I guess

Back