• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Hat Kid (Sans give's another Kid a Bad Time)

DatOneWeeb said:
Often in fiction you'll see a character's physical body lifeless when their souls are removed, indicating they need it. Hat Kid however, was completely fine.
It's pretty incoherent. But without there being a definitive answer I don't think it should really affect the status of the thread since it seems like a matter of opinion and is still hypothetical.

@Apies Got it, I shall return tomorrow at this time.

DatOneWeeb said:
We need to discuss this because it decides if it's a stomp or not.
Also we can but there isn't much to be discussed. This could be debunked but for now the thread is a non-stomp and can be added when grace ends.

Saying it's a matter of opinion is...eh. Technically all of this is. Maybe I should make a thread about this to discuss it.

DatOneWeeb said:
Often in fiction you'll see a character's physical body lifeless when their souls are removed, indicating they need it. Hat Kid however, was completely fine.
And just as often you see characters get their souls removed and so long as the soul remains intact they're fine. The difference is having your soul actively destroyed and just having it be somewhere else.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
And just as often you see characters get their souls removed and so long as the soul remains intact they're fine. The difference is having your soul actively destroyed and just having it be somewhere else.
I don't think you see that just as often. I'll continue to discuss this on a thread if I do make it.

If your reasons are validated then I suppose this'd give Hat Kid soul resistance but I am still iffy about it.

Edit; Actually, I'm quite unsure about the resistance part. Hat in Time tends to be rather rough with their feats and abilities, and this is one of them. So I'm unsure where this ability would even fall.

Not saying it's a resistance. If there isn't an ability for it, it can simply be put as "Can survive without having her soul" or something along those lines.

Aye, ninja'd! But yeah I see where you're coming from. Some of Hat in Time's abilities are kind of difficult to depict so, even I have trouble with them.

Yeah, what the heck?

What part of this seems fair? Putting a glass cannon against a character with time Manipulation is not a good idea. Sans can't beat time Manipulation, stomp.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yeah, what the heck?

What part of this seems fair? Putting a glass cannon against a character with time Manipulation is not a good idea. Sans can't beat time Manipulation, stomp.
He doesn't have to beat time manipulation, if he can hit her with soul-hax then he wins (supposedly). Hat Kid is just quicker on the draw than he is. The only argument you can make for this being a stomp is whether or not his soul attacks work which I think we resolved.

The soul stuff could be revised which could debunk this thread but overall as of the moment this isn't a stomp.

That is not how it works, no. Sans loses ten times out of ten because none of his attacks hit fast enough to actually hit Hat Kid before time Manipulation is used.

The fact that he could theoretically hurt the kid doesn't change that he loses ten times out of ten, so it's still a stomp.

1. Speed is equalized, so him being slower in throwing attacks is his own limitation. Several matches on the wiki are determined by throwing attacks or using hax before your opponent can and this isn't much different.

2. None of Hat Kid's abilities are passive so Sans could still potentially just Gaster Blast her into oblivion. It's just that he is far less likely to do so before Hat Kid uses time-hax.

No. Not how it works. He cannot win, his fight with Osylocke was removed specifically because of that.

No he couldn't. They have a charge time.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Sans has lost to time stop before. If this is a stomp, then so are those. I don't think this is though. Just decisive.
They were tough.

His match was with Jotaro was reported and accepted as such.

I'm pretty sure it was removed due to outdated statistics as well but I'll agree to disagree. He could also use his bones (I don't know if his TK would work since her LS could allow her to break out). My point is that Sans loses due to being slower on the draw than Kid.

But I can completely understand why you would have grievances over this. I myself have some reservations but I can definitely see this match being fair more often than not.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
His match with Esdeath is still on there. He lost that one expressly because of her time stop.
It's specifically something she doesn't start with, which was the only reason it was allowed to stay.

Planck69 said:
I'm pretty sure it was removed due to outdated statistics as well but I'll agree to disagree. He could also use his bones (I don't know if his TK would work since her LS could allow her to break out). My point is that Sans loses due to being slower on the draw than Kid.

But I can completely understand why you would have grievances over this. I myself have some reservations but I can definitely see this match being fair more often than not.
He can't, or won't, summon bones inside of enemies. So unless you are saying that Hat Kid will just watch as an attack is closing in on them without using an ability that let's them evade with ease, I don't see how bones are useful at all.

I mostly meant he would summon bones where she stands (I'm not dumb enough to buy into the 'summons bones inside people' argument) though thinking about it more carefully makes this look more and more like a mismatch. You make some valid points.

Yeah soon as the match starts sans will just kill hat kid straight away.

My vote goes to the lazy skeleton FRA

Sans2345 said:
Yeah soon as the match starts sans will just kill hat kid straight away

My vote goes to the lazy skeleton FRA
Considering the entire thread is still debating whether or not Hat Kid stomps Sans, that should give you a vague idea of what chances Sans has here. His soul-hax don't one-shot, he gets yeeted with a touch and time manipulation from Kid equals fossilized skeleton.

Bloodlusted? While it's kind of hard to determine, not to mention how I'm not sure if we're applying UT's fight system or not (guessing not because it takes place in Mafia Town). I'm just gonna go with Sans on this one. Sans is not in any way a fair fighter, he'll do anything he can to win, and when not counting the rules of UT (since it's in Mafia Town) couldn't he just make impossible to dodge attacks, stop time freely, teleport freely, dodge (could already do that but eh I'm just gonna note that anyways), and other things? I feel like just the fact that he's bloodlusted really gives him a big push, it could go either way depending on interpretation and the argument being presented I suppose, but I view this as a win for Sans.

Sans can't time stop like Hat Kid so I'm not sure what you meant when listing what he can do. Hat Kid has the AP, durability, range, lifting strength and stamina advantage by literal orders of magnitude so it's not like Sans exactly has her on the ropes. His soul-attacks don't one-shot like standard soul-hax so Hat can still stop time and proceed to sneeze and vaporize him.

Niccokirby said:
wasn't Grace Over or are we just removing all vote's and starting over??
We're mostly discussing whether or not the match is a stomp. AFAIK, the reasoning is solid.

Also the match seems to have already been added so I'm not sure if this is even necessary.

Planck69 said:
We're mostly discussing whether or not the match is a stomp. AFAIK, the reasoning is solid.

Also the match seems to have already been added so I'm not sure if this is even necessary.
ohhh alright, also this need's to be added to Sans's Profile

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Sans' profile is locked so it would need to be requested.
OK cool. I'll try to do it if I get time. I'm preparing to go back to boarding school tomorrow.

Back