• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Ghost Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Sans 3
Ghost Rider 2

When bad people do bad things, skeletons arrive as couriers of bad times. But when two such punishers of sin clash and battle, who shall win?

As usual, battle win KO/death/incapacitation/etc., in-character, full power is available. Battle takes place on our wonderful fourth planet, Mars.

Mars Planet
Who wins? Stating your reasoning would be appreciated.

Battle, begin!!

Why on Mars? It should take place on the interstate or something so Sans can pass GR on his tricycle.

But jokes aside, this one's a headscratcher. Would the Penance Stare do anything to Sans? Supposedly, the True Pacifist ending is canon, but the Genocide route is a legitimate possibility, so everything he does do in that route, he can, but he doesn't. I think.

Does the Penance Stare work on pain inflicted in alternate timelines? I would think not.

On the other hand, would KR do anything to Ghost Rider, since he's not a bad guy? Is there anything horribly unjust that Ghost Rider has done, besides have Nicolas Cage play as him?

This is extremely difficult to say. Ghost Rider is definitely physically stronger and more durable, but Sans is ridiculously faster. Their hax seem to cancel out as neither can likely do anything to the other. This is a tough one to call.

I'd go with what Pikachu says here. It's really hard to know to who would defeat who here as while GR is physically stronger and more durable, Sans is faster by a long shot(i think, right?).

That and there's the fact that would either of their hax abilities even work on each other here? It's a tough call for me here too.

I have genuinely no idea.

Sans' hax are incredibly unlikely to work on the Rider, as he's not one for wanton violence and he's certainly not evil, while Ghost Rider is much stronger than Sans physically, but would find it next to impossible to even land a hit.

I'm completely stumped.

I can literally not say anything new, Pikachu, Cross and Azzy have said all that I can say. This match can't really appear to have a winner, like, at all.

Unless Sans doesn't get bored trying to ping Johnny to death, or the Rider lands a one in a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 hit (both of which are incredibly unlikely), then likely yes.

It stands to reason that Sans' attacks would do something, unless GR is too durable. Sans' attacks aren't just KR. KR is just an added effect.

then I guess it depends on if that counts for KR, if so sans would win, if not sans points out that their both getting no where and treats Ghost Rider to dinner.

wait, I think that it might just count, KR seems to be conected to LOVE which is gained from execution points which is the quantification of the pain you've inflicted. so i think it's just to say that GR's kills would still be counted and affect KR. the only role really that the nature of the kills would play is in would sans fight at all, which is irrelevent as he's bloodlusted. so this goes to san on principle that even bad guys can feel pain

Don't Sans's attacks do regular damage on top of adding a KR effect, though? It stands to reason that getting slammed through a bunch of pillar-like bones would hurt like the dickens.

ThePerpetual said:
Ghost Rider has a sort of Regenerationn, last I checked, if that matters.
He does have regen since he can come back instantly during his fight with Hulk. Though idk if it will help him against Sans here depending on what he does.

it probably won't as Sans' attacks seem to strike ones soul itself and not just their physical form, but regardless, Sans still has the upper hand

which would not effect sans in the slightest since Sans has only fought once, and in the fight, any time sans wins time is just rewound. which going off of the fact that loading back in time and reseting gets rid of exp from the effectively erased time, sans has zero exp and is only LOVE 1

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I'm pretty sure Everlasting meant GR used Penance Stare to beat Galan, which he did.
When did Galan was EVER affected outside the Fantastic Four Cartoon by Galactus? The story which was adapting showed it was Doctor Strange to mind rape him

Xantospoc said:
When did Galan was EVER affected outside the Fantastic Four Cartoon by Galactus? The story which was adapting showed it was Doctor Strange to mind rape him
Never. They're referring to the cartoon, I believe.

Sans' attacks do unmitigatable base damage on top of KR. This damage cannot be mitigated by any known protections of the soul, including true-invulnerability, which it completely cancels.

Hmm, tough call, but I'm gonna give it to Sans.

In an earlier thread, Sans vs. Saitama, the whole "killing someone who deserves it" thing was already brought up there, but it didn't change much. KR does damage to someone who kills or harms someone, regardless of the reason (the whole point of the Pacifist route in Undertale is to NOT kill anyone ever). So I think KR CAN do damage to Ghost Rider.

As for the fight at hand, well, Ghost Rider's main way of attacking is going in head on burning everything in sight. Sans' is keeping a distance and avoiding every hit while doing as much damage in a short amount of time. Both of there styles are polar opposites.

What can Sans the win here is his teleportation. Even if Ghost Rider gets his hands on him, Sans can just teleport out of his grasp before GR can use the Penance Stare. Not to mention his reflexes easily beat GR's by a longshot.

So I'm going to give it to Sans.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Hmm, tough call, but I'm gonna give it to Sans.
In an earlier thread, Sans vs. Saitama, the whole "killing someone who deserves it" thing was already brought up there, but it didn't change much. KR does damage to someone who kills or harms someone, regardless of the reason (the whole point of the Pacifist route in Undertale is to NOT kill anyone ever). So I think KR CAN do damage to Ghost Rider.

As for the fight at hand, well, Ghost Rider's main way of attacking is going in head on burning everything in sight. Sans' is keeping a distance and avoiding every hit while doing as much damage in a short amount of time. Both of there styles are polar opposites.

What can Sans the win here is his teleportation. Even if Ghost Rider gets his hands on him, Sans can just teleport out of his grasp before GR can use the Penance Stare. Not to mention his reflexes easily beat GR's by a longshot.

So I'm going to give it to Sans.
I remember reading that the penance stare imobilizes and doesn't need eye contact and that he can't be hurt by anything phsical in his GR GR form, but I'm pretty sure(if I remember correctly) that Sans attacks also hurt the soul, I feel as though Sans will eventually get tired from the teleporting and getting completely exhausted, would end up dieing to GR.

@MafiaFox

Well, this what I got from Marvel Wikia about PS

"Penance Stare: Ghost Rider possesses the supernatural ability to cause any individual who stares into his eyes to see and feel every bit of pain they have ever inflicted on anyone in their entire lifetime for all eternity."

-Marvel Wikia

So, as far as I know, PS needs Ghost Rider to have physical contact in order to work. Could be wrong though. But Sans can easily stay away from GR via his reflexes and teleportation (he can also teleport Ghost Rider himself if he wants to).

While Sans isnt inexhaustible like GR, his feat is much better than GR's though. GR's best feat was matching WW Hulk and Dr. Strange saying he was "God-like" at full power, which is very vague on how strong he is, but I doubt he's Skyfather level God-like. Sans' is beating Chara multiple times, someone who can destroy the entire Undertale verse in one hit (while he did get exhausted, Sans only lost because Chara can SAVE and LOAD as much as they want, coming back and learning Sans' attacks. To my knowledge, GR doesn't possess an ability like that.).

Sans is also much smarter, planning and strategizing unlike Ghost Rider who only attacks head on. Also, yes, Sans' attacks damages the SOUL and Body, making it no issue Sans can hurt GR.

So, with better hax, reflexes, and overall smarter, still giving the win to Sans.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
@MafiaFox
Well, this what I got from Marvel Wikia about PS

"Penance Stare: Ghost Rider possesses the supernatural ability to cause any individual who stares into his eyes to see and feel every bit of pain they have ever inflicted on anyone in their entire lifetime for all eternity."

-Marvel Wikia

So, as far as I know, PS needs Ghost Rider to have physical contact in order to work. Could be wrong though. But Sans can easily stay away from GR via his reflexes and teleportation (he can also teleport Ghost Rider himself if he wants to).

While Sans isnt inexhaustible like GR, his feat is much better than GR's though. GR's best feat was matching WW Hulk and Dr. Strange saying he was "God-like" at full power, which is very vague on how strong he is, but I doubt he's Skyfather level God-like. Sans' is beating Chara multiple times, someone who can destroy the entire Undertale verse in one hit (while he did get exhausted, Sans only lost because Chara can SAVE and LOAD as much as they want, coming back and learning Sans' attacks. To my knowledge, GR doesn't possess an ability like that.).

Sans is also much smarter, planning and strategizing unlike Ghost Rider who only attacks head on. Also, yes, Sans' attacks damages the SOUL and Body, making it no issue Sans can hurt GR.

So, with better hax, reflexes, and overall smarter, still giving the win to Sans.
That's not entirely true, you can beat him in one try and he wears out, and the whole load thing, means it's a new sans so new sans=new stamina(from his line about other "sans-es" so wouldn't that mean he has super low stamina?

Also, if we take the whole "same sans" wouldn't that mean ALL that damage he did to Chara who's supposed to destroy universes would be turned onto sans stacked on top of each other through the penance stare? As soon as they lock eyes it's bye bye sans.

His profile states him killing Chara over and over is a thing, he even counts how many times he killed them by just looking at their face. Though Sans himself has high EXP considering Chara goes straight to LV 20 after beating him (which requires tens of thousands of EXP to get from LV 19). So yes, Sans' kill count is very high. But good luck even hitting him with his teleportation and time and space manipulation hax. How IS Ghost Rider supposed to get a hold of him if Sans:

-Stays far away (he's a long range fighter)

-Warps space and time to keep Ghost Rider away from him or just teleports away

-With his INSANELY high reflexes (Ghost Rider has Unknown speed, but it's at least Superhuman speed on foot, higher on his Hell Cycle, Sans has Relativistic+ reaction time and Instanteous Teleportation), he'll make the first move LONG before GR gets to.

-Doesn't give a second for him to fight back, as Sans usually attacks first and gives no chance for his opponent to make a move. He keeps bombarding him with Bones and Gaster Blasters until he's dead.

-Doesn't let Ghost Rider doesn't have his full power until Zarathos takes over, as Johnny Blaze is usually in control, and Johnny rarely lets Zarathos take control. If it's Johnny Blaze, he won't stand a chance in a drawn out fight. As his soul keeps getting attacked and damaged.

-Uses Soul Manipulation to get a hold of GR and smack him around into Bones or Gaster Blasters.

Until GR gets past that, Sans dunks on the Ghost Rider. End of story.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
His profile states him killing Chara over and over is a thing, he even counts how many times he killed them by just looking at their face. Though Sans himself has high EXP considering Chara goes straight to LV 20 after beating him (which requires tens of thousands of EXP to get from LV 19). So yes, Sans' kill count is very high. But good luck even hitting him with his teleportation and time and space manipulation hax. How IS Ghost Rider supposed to get a hold of him if Sans:
-Stays far away (he's a long range fighter)

-Warps space and time to keep Ghost Rider away from him or just teleports away

-With his INSANELY high reflexes (Ghost Rider has Unknown speed, but it's at least Superhuman speed on foot, higher on his Hell Cycle, Sans has Relativistic+ reaction time and Instanteous Teleportation), he'll make the first move LONG before GR gets to.

-Doesn't give a second for him to fight back, as Sans usually attacks first and gives no chance for his opponent to make a move. He keeps bombarding him with Bones and Gaster Blasters until he's dead.

-Doesn't let Ghost Rider doesn't have his full power until Zarathos takes over, as Johnny Blaze is usually in control, and Johnny rarely lets Zarathos take control. If it's Johnny Blaze, he won't stand a chance in a drawn out fight. As his soul keeps getting attacked and damaged.

-Uses Soul Manipulation to get a hold of GR and smack him around into Bones or Gaster Blasters.

Until GR gets past that, Sans dunks on the Ghost Rider. End of story.
So why does he talk about "other sanses" when you're allowed to mercy him and he says we could've been friends, wouldn't that indicate that each new sans is a different one? Why would he bring that specific detail up if it's the same one.

MafiaFox said:
So why does he talk about "other sanses" when you're allowed to mercy him and he says we could've been friends, wouldn't that indicate that each new sans is a different one? Why would he bring that specific detail up if it's the same one.
Likely because there are multiple versions of Sans for each ending:

-Pacifist

-Neutral (there are several types of these endings)

-Genocide (the one that fought Chara)

Though I assume all have the same abilities as one another.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
MafiaFox said:
Likely because there are multiple versions of Sans for each ending:
-Pacifist

-Neutral (there are several types of these endings)

-Genocide (the one that fought Chara)

Though I assume all have the same abilities as one another.
I could see that, but doesn't he still run out of stamina even after the first time if you know what you're doing? So wouldn't that imply he still has limited stamina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back