• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Asgore

Status
Not open for further replies.
MegalovaniaBonetrousle said:
What part?
Probably the parts where Asgore has experience from fighting in the Human/Monster war (and maybe even against the other fallen humans, aside from Chara. This part is speculation, though), and when he dodged Kid Undyne's attacks for so long that he had to teach her how to beat him. Those are a few examples.

What part?
The parts where it's stated that:

The boss battle with Asgore is the culmination of at least a decade of misery and despair, starting with the death of his two children, his beloved kingdom being consumed with bloodlust and the thirst for vengeance, his wife leaving him, having to stall for time in desperate hope of postponing the inevitable mass murder of 7 billion people accross the entire planet by cowardly murdering 6 children one by one instead of killing all six in one fell swoop. This has left him so defeated, so broken that in your confrontation, just merely taking a whiff of his wife's butterscotch pie is enough to HALVE the force of his blow and his will to defend himself. And had Flowey not interceded at the end, he would always kill himself, in the hope of giving Frisk the chance to free the collective monster race from outside the barrier.

Yes. He's the perfect image of willing to defend himself. Because that would give him the chance to take the last soul needed to have the blood of 7 billion people on his already tarnished conscience.

Just for one example. I have more where that came from.

Than why does Asgore fight sans, when presumably he knows Sans was defending him?
Because it's a hypothetical scenario in which the two wants to kill each other for some contrived, arbitrary reason that doesn't relate to Chara/Frisk/Genocidal Toddler in any way.

Ok. Sans is a fun character to fight people against, because he has so many strange requirements for whether you could win or lose against him. Sansloses this one, I guess.
And I respect your willingness to concede.

Hm...I'm not really sure how the win/lose systems works in this stuff, though. Is it a vote system, or whoever makes the better argument win?

Otomos said:
Hm...I'm not really sure how the win/lose systems works in this stuff, though. Is it a vote system, or whoever makes the better argument win?
I vote for myself. You vote for yourself. Everybody else votes for themselves. It's a stalemate. Everybody's happy.

Just kidding. I'm fine with both.

And maybe whoever wins gets to tell a mod to stick a giant colorful ribbon with the name of the winning fighter on the thread. For posterity.

And maybe whoever wins gets to tell a mod to stick a giant colorful ribbon with the name of the winning fighter on the thread. For posterity.

Actually, that's kinda what Factpile did whenever they managed to decide a winner on their own VS matches. Whoever people agreed would win ended up getting a gold WINNER stamp or something on their picture.

There's a problem with that. Most of the people that already voted haven't responded to anything we've been talking about, so we don't know if they've changed their minds , have a counterargument, or otherwise have a different point to bring up.

The people who have already voted are not likely to change their minds at this time.

We could do this another way. Instead of "Winner", the ribbon could say something along the line of "as of right now, this character is taking the lead".

Alright. I counted the votes thus far...Yeah, Sans is in the lead, and I don't think that any of them even know about the debate that we had just done.

Want to PM them and dredge up this thread for another month and a half of hammering the same point over and over?

Duy9161 said:
I just did a trial run of the fight, in which I set the game to Debug mode, set my HP to 999 every time there's only about 40 or 50 left (by pressing Delete), and didn't move whatsoever. I ended up with 367 HP left, and having to press Delete only four times (which means that Sans depleted about (999*4)-367-(40*3)=3509 HP).

I don't know about you, but this means Sans is definitely dead. Asgore is not going to just stand there and take it from Boned Dude like I did. There were rows and rows of bones that I could have easily jump over. In any realistic fight, Asgore is probably going to be left with at least about 1000 HP, and Sans completely exhausted. And that is IF we completely ignore his speed, combat prowess, relatively heightened willingness to kill, possible HAXes up his sleeves and training.
The test fight I did using Frisk/Chara. You can confirm this yourself ingame.

...Dang. I don't know if this is even relevant anymore, but I started replaying Undertale because of this. I'm back at Waterfall, and I kinda found out that the Human/Monster War didn't really have the monsters winning. In fact, the game itself said that the monsters couldn't even obtain a single Human soul in the whole thing, so...yeah, I don't know if Asgore would have gotten that much LOVE or EXP from that.

Duh. I mean, how did the monsters get buried underground in the first place? XD

But still, six dead humans are still quite a lot. We know that the stronger a creature, the more EXP we earn for claiming its life (if we can take what So Sorry said to be true). So there's a chance that Asgore has already gained enough LV to make Sans a credible threat.

Duy9161 said:
Duh. I mean, how did the monsters get buried underground in the first place? XD
But still, six dead humans are still quite a lot. We know that the stronger a creature, the more EXP we earn for claiming its life (if we can take what So Sorry said to be true). So there's a chance that Asgore has already gained enough LV to make Sans a credible threat.
At the same time, I'm not entirely sure if Asgore himself killed the children. I mean, he had the souls contianed, but the Humans seemed to have been killed in areas throughout the Underground, lest they be armorless and weaponless by the time they met Asgore. It's also been shown that Monsters casually, and maybe even accidentally, attack humans, so it's possible that some or all the humans were killed by another monster.

Not only that, if we take into account Sans' own description of LOVE and EXP, then it doesn't really make that much sense when used for Asgore. LOVE is described as such: "It stands for 'Level of Violence.' A way of measuring someone's capacity to hurt. The more you kill, the easier it becomes to distance yourself. The more you distance yourself, the less you hurt. The more easily you can bring yourself to hurt others."

That befits more of an unfeeling killer like Frisk/Chara at the end of Genocide. However, when Frisk meets Asgore, he's actually hesitant to fight. He gives them several chances to finish whatever business that was left unattended to, even the moment before he turns to fight them. Not only that, but he holds back, and doesn't strike the finishing blow unless Frisk is at 1 HP, which meant that he would not kill them unless he was absolutely sure that any small hit would end them.

This isn't to say that Asgore would be weaker, of course. He was in the War against the Humans, after all. He'd know how to fight, and his fire magic skills are impressive. It's just that, if he's supposed to have a lot of LOVE, then he does a really good job of not showing it. Heck, even on his last legs, he admits that he didn't want to hurt anyone.

Mind you, this is all speculation, but still, it's a good subject to discuss.

That's a good point that you made about LOVE and EXP, but I still think Asgore most likely killed all those children.

If we can assume that all of those children had the ability to SAVE and RESET (there's a lot a strong evidence pointing to this, which I won't go into now), and going by what Toriel said about the other children feeling like old acquaintances to her the first time she met them, they could have gone through the underground, got stumped at Asgore, RESET several time back to the Ruins, and then grew old enough to learn to come to term with their mortality (it would be funny to learn that those human SOULs were technically middle-aged when they died).

Or maybe Sans teleported them into lava repeatedly until they gave up. I don't know.

But how do you know Asgore was in the war with the humans?

Duy9161 said:
But how do you know Asgore was in the war with the humans?
Hm...Good point. We see a figure like him in the intro, but for all we know, that could be his dad or an ancestor. Heck, it could be a completely different Boss monster that fought in the war. In fact, now that I take a look at the dialogue with Gerson, the Angel prophecy itself may have been made way before Asgore was around, so...yeah. He probably didn't take part of the war himself.

Still, he had to have had to have had some sort of training, what with his skill with fire magic, and the fact that he trained Undyne.

Nah. He did take place in that war. It's implied that the war was within the lifetimes of the monsters, due to all the talk about Asgore naming the towns terrible names. Can't name a city if it's from before your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back