• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji vs Shirou: the Cooking Competition

Ok, Sanji should stomp, due to actual being a professional cooker with tons of experice working in a restaurants, against the casual Shirou.

I remember a moment in the Fate/stay night VN where if Shirou says no to cooking meals for Saber, she'll straight up beat him in with a practice sword and trigger a fake bad ending.

Shirou's cooking is so good that King Arthur will only eat his cooking and force him to cook for her if he refuses. I think they're pretty even in terms of skill imo.

Shirou use reinforcement on his meal and beat the shit out of Sanji

Anyway seriously, Shirou cooking skill is actually restaurant level, probably even higher

I mean, since Shirou technically got Archer skills that should mean that he also got his cooking skills, in which case he would actually be a cooking beast, after all Archer is one of the greatest chef in the whole Chaldea (be it among servants or staff), it's to the point that he basically represent the kitchen faction and is one of the head figures in charge to feed all the hundreds of very different servants in Chaldea (plus the human staff but after part 2 those can be counted with one hand), including the thematic or special food made while some event is ongoing.

It's not like I would really deep search for Archer cooking feats, I haven't fell that far, but just want to note that he should be a far greater cook than what casual people would think.

I mean, since Shirou technically got Archer skills that should mean that he also got his cooking skills, in which case he would actually be a cooking beast, after all Archer is one of the greatest chef in the whole Chaldea (be it among servants or staff), it's to the point that he basically represent the kitchen faction and is one of the head figures in charge to feed all the hundreds of very different servants in Chaldea (plus the human staff but after part 2 those can be counted with one hand), including the thematic or special food made while some event is ongoing.

It's not like I would really deep search for Archer cooking feats, I haven't fell that far, but just want to note that he should be a far greater cook than what casual people would think.
Shirou vs Beni-Enma in a cooking contest, who wins?

Ok, Sanji should stomp, due to actual being a professional cooker with tons of experice working in a restaurants, against the casual Shirou.
I have worked almost exclusively food service for nearly a decade, fine dining included, as well as made full multi-course meals for family and friends multiple times, and I can definitively say that skills from either setting transfer to the other pretty readily if you take cooking seriously. However, Sanji is gonna be more used to the rush and time crunch of a restaurant setting, so if this cooking competition is time-sensitive like what you'd see on Master Chef then Sanji's definitely stepping up to the plate more prepared

i really think we should make OP clearer about cooking competitions
but so far i really think there are more to Sanji's here experiencewise, via dealing with rush and many more years of cooking

Sanji should probably also take the cake in terms of versatility since he's cooked some exotic things, like a Big Mom sized cake, lots of fishes (including poisonous ones) and other high-class restaurant dishes. Granted Shirou is not that far behind since he can cook at least your more common dishes for servants of many different nationality.

Aight just looked it up and Sanji made it to sous chef before joining up with the Straw Hats. That's a position you don't usually get until you've got nigh on a decade of experience at most if not all usual stations, and have the familiarity with each that you know how each should be optimally run at any shift pace. If this competition has a time limit then Shirou is totally ****** lol

Sanji should probably also take the cake in terms of versatility since he's cooked some exotic things, like a Big Mom sized cake, lots of fishes (including poisonous ones) and other high-class restaurant dishes. Granted Shirou is not that far behind since he can cook at least your more common dishes for servants of many different nationality.
also iirc during one of the Carnival episodes where Saber worked at Neko-arc's Cafe, just seeing Shirou with dinner ready was enough to bring her down from her Saber Alter state instantly

Aight just looked it up and Sanji made it to sous chef before joining up with the Straw Hats. That's a position you don't usually get until you've got nigh on a decade of experience at most if not all usual stations, and have the familiarity with each that you know how each should be optimally run at any shift pace. If this competition has a time limit then Shirou is totally ***** lol
I think Archer should be added on Shirou's side to balance things out in terms of work speed if there's a timer going or something similar. They might butt heads, but the risk is small enough (they'd both be cookinglusted and more likely synchronize smoothly) that it doesn't turn this match from a Sanji low-diff to a Sanji stomp in case time is an issue

Sanji made it to sous chef before joining up with the Straw Hats. That's a position you don't usually get until you've got nigh on a decade of experience at most if not all usual stations
he worked at the Baratie Ship-Restaurant from 6-8 years old until when we meet him as a character in the start of OP, when he's 19yo. At least 11 years working there

"I am the Pomodoro of my Pasta
Rice is my body, Shoyu is my blood
I have created over a thousand dishes,
Unknown to meat, Nor known to Vegetables.
Have withstood heat to bake a thousand pastries, yet this mouth will never eat anything
So, as i cook
Unlimited Food Works!"

Considering the likes of King Arthur and most of Chaldea are used to medieval-level meals, it's not wonder that Shirou's cooking is considered godly. Most people back then could barely even conceptualize good cooking, much less eat it. Sanji, however, has beaten world class cooks, mastered hundreds if not thousands of recipes, and make food that can not only completely restore people's stamina, but also nearly kill people from how delicious it is.

Ik this is filler, but another example is when Sanji outperformed Navy cooks who are renowned for feeding an entire military complex daily and keeping their strength up, with the literal ******* leftovers from the food they prepared.

"I am the Pomodoro of my Pasta
Rice is my body, Shoyu is my blood
I have created over a thousand dishes,
Unknown to meat, Nor known to Vegetables.
Have withstood heat to bake a thousand pastries, yet this mouth will never eat anything
So, as i cook
Unlimited Food Works!"

41edce5cfc8f660a3c9a4c1d502d7bef.webp

official ; tm material

I know this is two months later, but does Sanji have an official cookbook series full of delicious recipe vetted by actual real-life chefs that you can make at home like Shirou?

Because If not, that's a massive missed opportunity! Seriously, a Cooking with Sanji book is probably the most obvious piece of spin-off, One Piece merchandise ever!

Back