• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sandboxes and CRTs

Catzlaflame

Ephemeral Thoughts
He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
Introduction
This thread attempts to create a standard around something that, for the longest time, has been an unwritten courtesy on content revision threads.

Issue
Often times, when someone is changing lots of stuff on a profile, they’ll just re-create the entire profile in a sandbox and paste the link into a thread.

Its really convinenent because, when the time comes to make any edits, its really easy to implement the changes.

The problem though is, for evaluation staff, its REALLY difficult to go through a sandbox and determine whats new, and whats already been accepted.

Ngl I’ve seen some stuff get accepted that im like 99% sure wouldn’t otherwise have been accepted, if it wasn’t shrouded among other stuff in a sandbox.

Proposal
We should now require users to list all proposed changes if they link an entire sandbox for a CRT.

The following can be added to the discussion rules:
If you choose to link a sandbox that includes any proposed changes to a profile, please make sure to outline the individual changes in the respective thread

I don't mind this addition to our rules. Honestly, I've been an offender of this as well, due to the convenience and not wanting to bloat the thread but I can see how much of an issue this can be for very large changes or overhauls.

I also think that this seems like a very sensible addition to our rules. 🙏

Bro cooked.
:_pepesaber_:

I agree, normally in the threads that I evaluate users tend to list the changes made to the sandboxes in the same CRT, although also sometimes they are just formatting changes so no problem, although I don't doubt that there may be some that don't list the changes and there may be irregularities that we wouldn't normally accept as you say in the OP.

Seems fine.

Back