• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danmaku Rework & Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have agreed with codifying 24 projectiles, however if that was not your intention to suggest it then I find 20-24 to be an acceptable standard as well: as I previously stated, I have no hard-set beliefs for most of this ability, and the only one I did have (regarding real-world weaponry) has been discussed to a satisfactory end.

Your revised phrasing may be confusing, but I don't think it will disturb a significant amount of people reading it, and so I find it acceptable. If pushed on the matter, I would prefer your (Quibster's) current version of the requirements than pushing it up to strictly 24.

I was fine with a mere wording edit, but I hard disagree with a change in minimum requirement if that was you intended behind the wording change.

The goal of this CRT was to clean up the page and codify standards; NOT go for a hard 24 projectile minimum requirement for a rating. That kind of change would have far-reaching consequences across profiles for those who do have a rating; and is contrary to what I had meant to achieve with this CRT.

Edit: Bambu, can you clarify who you were responding to?
The consequences of changing the minimum from 20-24 to only 24+ is far cry from far-reaching consequences. The only pages that would be affected would be the pages right at the borderline of Danmaku with between 20-24 projectiles. Off the top of my head I cant think of any pages that would be affected by this due to most pages that have this ability already qualifying to a far higher degree than a 4 projectile difference from baseline. I can with great confidence say that the vast majority of Danmaku pages on the wiki wouldn't be affected whatsoever by this change. The benefits would of course be clarifying a minimum value that the ability starts at, as opposed to leaving it up to interpretation which of the 2 values actually matter when dealing with characters that border the minimum requirements. None of our other abilities and tiering are structured in this way where there is a weird ambiguous area in which a character can qualify for something or not, they're all "You either qualify or you don't" and I believe that's the way it should be. For example we don't have the minimum value for Low 7-B at 1 to 1.4 Megatons; It's a flat 1 megaton minimum value you have to scale to in order to be Low 7-B so there's no ambiguity as to whether they qualifies or not. If this proves too controversial of a change for this thread I'll put this on hold and bring it up in another thread but for now I don't believe it to be a large enough change to warrant a whole new thread.

Last edited:
I'll make a tally here of votes currently on record (if I missed you, please notify me).
  • Agree: Theglassman12, DarkDragonMedeus, Antvasima, CurrySenpai, LordGriffin1000, Mr. Bambu, CloverDragon03
  • Disagree:
  • Neutral:
The final edits in the sandbox are also up for review [ here ]. Also related; I would appreciate it if Damage would give their insights into this Staff Thread, given that they spearheaded the last Danmaku CRT. I would also appreciate another staff ping when the opportunity arises.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back