• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Jack's significantly better experience and skill should be able to hand him an easy win.

Jack due experience, skill and weaponry (tho last one doesn't means much if Goku has the pole).

Goku when he was much less skilled than he is now replicated a technique that took one of the greatest martial artists who ever lived decades to master just by looking at it a single time. He also invented a new fighting style on the spot. As well as constantly improvising new techniques and strategies at a moment's notice. I feel like this skill gap between him and Jack is being pretty exaggerated. Goku in the original Dragon Ball has shown to be an insanely skilled martial artist.

Also Jack may have been fighting longer, however most of that time was spent fighting worthless fodder or getting his ass handed to him by Aku. (Of course Jack has had many fights with incredibly skilled fighters who've helped him grow. However that's not what the majority of his fights were)

Goku also has far superior range with his ki blasts, his Power Pole weapon, solar flare and flight.

Perhaps Jack could be argued to be more skilled, however Goku has shown some insane things that don't suggest the gap, if it exists, to be that overwhelming. As well as having the range and flight that'd help him dominate the battlefield. I'd give it to him.

Let give some points to Ryu, Goku has range advantage, and the gap of skill is closer. However, Jack still have his things, futhermore, he is smarter. Going to change to inconclusive until new input.

"However, most of that time he was fighting fodder"

True to an extent, this isnt't true when you consider the Scottsman, Ashi, and multiple others and even then, that's still far more then the amount of notable people Goku has fought.

And quite frankly, regarding what Goku has fought, as skilled as he is, he hasn't fought as many notable opponents as Jack.

As for other stuff worth mentioning, I'd like to point out Aku, who Jack ultimately surpassed by the end of the series, has basically everything Goku has and more, (Plus he one shots with practically anything)

"However, most of that time he was fighting fodder"
True to an extent, this isnt't true when you consider the Scottsman, Ashi, and multiple others and even then, that's still far more then the amount of notable people Goku has fought.

Again, "(Of course Jack has had many fights with incredibly skilled fighters who've helped him grow. However that's not what the majority of his fights were)"

And quite frankly, regarding what Goku has fought, as skilled as he is, he hasn't fought as many notable opponents as Jack.
Sure Jack might have the edge in experience. However I don't think this is an overwhelming advantage how insanely skilled, especially while improvising on the spot, Goku can be. Especially when considering his range and versitality advantages.

As for other stuff worth mentioning, I'd like to point out Aku, who Jack ultimately surpassed by the end of the series, has basically everything Goku has and more, (Plus he one shots with practically anything)
Jack only won cause ambushed an offguard Aku with he has a sword made of his kryptonite. Jack never surpassed Aku's true abilities or come up with a proper counter to any of the broken stuff he has.

Okay, this last point

"Jack only won cause he has a sword made of Aku's kryptonight"

The sword does not weaken Aku, it's a sword that hurts evil, thaat's the whole point of it throughout the show, that does not change the fact that he still manages to survive and fight against him, unless I'm missing a massive detail.

Still, don't really feel like debating ATM, switching to Goku

Gargoyle One said:
The sword does not weaken Aku, it's a sword that hurts evil, thaat's the whole point of it throughout the show, that does not change the fact that he still manages to survive and fight against him, unless I'm missing a massive detail.

Yes it does. It's a sword with the specific purpose to kill and destroy Aku, which is what it ended up doing.

it's a sword that hurts evil

And Aku is the embodiment of evil.

that does not change the fact that he still manages to survive and fight against him, unless I'm missing a massive detail.

Yeah. The details that Aku almost always held back on Jack, explicitly could've effortlessly annihilated him had ever taken their fights seriously, and only lost when ambushed by the sword made of his specific weakness.

Alright.

I was going to vote for Goku, and after reading Ryu's argument, I am 100% sure he defeats Jack. Nice post, dude.

Goku should take this with high difficulty.

Skill aside this Goku is Large Building Level for pretty easily beating General Blue, who is stronger than Eighter, who is Large Building Level pretty casually. Jack is Large Building Level via his own feat, which is at the lower half of Large Building Level, so I feel Goku has an edge there. Jack's weapon is best used against evil beings like Aku, whereas Goku's staff would have a variety of uses. Also, Goku was able to successfully fool Roshi, a martial artists who has studied for more than 100 years with his after images, so I doubt Jack can see through it. Tack on how unusual of a fighter Goku is, especially with his small stature, and Jack's gonna have a hard time fighting. The only real thing Jack has going for him is speed, but it's been equalized, so I'm voting Goku.

EdwardSuoh said:
Skill aside this Goku is Large Building Level for pretty easily beating General Blue, who is stronger than Eighter.
About that... When was that mentioned? Blue never fought 8, and I don't recall such statement in the manga. Anyway, I doubt than that would change the outcome.

About that... When was that mentioned? Blue never fought 8, and I don't recall such statement in the manga. Anyway, I doubt than that would change the outcome.

It was stated somewhere that Blue was the Red Ribon Army's stongest fighter.

Jack takes this easily. He's more skilled than Goku is now, his sword counters Goku's (at this point, limited) energy blasts (IIRC, it can deflect projectiles and such)

He has way more experience. Jack's beaten people stronger than him before (something Goku's never really accomplished other than new powers) and Goku just doesn't have anything Jack hasn't seen before.

ÔÇïRegarding Ryu's post

1) Martial Artist =/= Energy Manipulator. There's a reason Chi Chi can't do the kamehameha. I'm also pretty sure Jaco can't use anergy manipulation anyway. And no, it's not being exaggerated. Jack has been taught fighting styles from around the world. Goku hasn't at this point, only being taught by the Turtle school through Gohan and Roshi

2) Aku has NEVER handed Jack's ass to him. Ever. Also, who's Goku to talk here? Most of his fights were against fodder from the RRA. Goku's only real challenges at this point have been Yamcha and General Blue, neither of which have anything on Jack. At all.

3) He doesn't have flight right now, his power pole's range isn't that much compared to some of what Jack's faced, Solar Flare would be dodged given Jack can dodge sunlight. His ki blasts also weren't something he used very often, as DB was much less about ki-based fights

4) His range advantage is irrelevent since he usually fights up close. At best, this would catch Jack a little off-guard before they started fighting up close and personal, as was every fight Goku was in at this point. I don't think Goku's ever actually relied on range. And again, he can't fly at this point. Only Tien and Piccolo could fly initially, Flying Nimbus aside.

@Bruce you forgot about master Roshi, someone with more experience than goku, but was able to have a tough fight due to how good of a fighter goku is.

Theglassman12 said:
@Bruce you forgot about master Roshi, someone with more experience than goku, but was able to have a tough fight due to how good of a fighter goku is.
Fair point, but Jack has fought and gave a decent fight to the Guardian, Minions of Set, and that Lava dude, all of whom were older than him.

The fact that Goku is a flexible fighter doesn't change that he's heavily outmatched in skill here. Show me Goku using bare-handed disarming techniques, the sheer capability of Jack to improvise on the spot (it's practically how he wins every fight), turning the opponents strength against them, being able to consistently defeat someone literally millions of times stronger than him (and Aku isn't THAT unskilled. On the contrary, he shows quite some brilliance from time to time) and whom can tank many hits from him, etc.

Goku and can ALSO improvise on the spot, like when he created a brand new fighting style to counter Roshi's drunken fighting style.

1. Master Roshi took decades to master the kamehameha technique, which Goku replicated on the first try from looking at it once. That is a clear indicator of fighting skill. Or him creating a new fighting style on the spot. Jack being taught more fighting styles than Goku doesn't matter that when Goku is taught in a superhuman fighting style which incorporates many different fighting styles and has techniques far superior than anything Jack has learnt.

2. Aku always just toys around with Jack. And he directly started handing Jack's ass to him once he used "superhuman strength" against him, which Jack told him to start going easier. And when did I ever claim Goku also hasn't been fighting mostly fodder?

3. Flying Nimbus. Also the Power Pole is a very considerable range advantage against Jack.

4. Sure Goku doesn't spam range or use it as often as close quarters, however they are still techniques that he uses in his fights which would help him.

Pretty sure the reason why Rossi took so long with the Kamehameha was because he had to invent it. It sure as heck didn't take anyone else nearly as long, be it Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, Gohan, Goten, Cell, etc.

Even if Roshi has a bit more difficulty with it because he was developing the technique first, Goku instantly replicating something that it took one of the greatest martial arts masters in the world that long to do is an impressive feat of skill.

Gohan and Cell have insane genetic potential, Piccolo and Tien are arguably comparably or more skilled than Roshi, Krillin and Yamcha had great teachers. Even then just cause other people can learn this insantely difficult and skilled technique quick doesn't negate the skill feat in Goku doing so. All that it proves is that there are other super skilled fighters in DB as well.

1) Not when damn near every fodder character can. It's possible it just took a long time to develope, similar to how it takes a long time to develope a gun, but now anyone can make one

2) Um, no. That was ONE fight. The vast majority of the time, Aku gets handily bested

3) Jack is pure-hearted and could jump good. He could turn the nimbus into his own asset. And again, Goku prefers up close and personal here, and later on in life. He might use it for that once or twice, but he's not gonna use it that often

4) He never relied on range in DB. Ever.

5) Not necessarily. Developing a strategy or technique or setup or whatever is often way more difficult to do from scratch than it is to replicate

6) I don't see how they are compared to Jack when not a single one of those people (barring Tien and Piccolo) has ever truly been able to contend with stronger adversaries like Jack has

BruceTheBatman said:
1) Not when damn near every fodder character can. It's possible it just took a long time to develope, similar to how it takes a long time to develope a gun, but now anyone can make one
3) Jack is pure-hearted and could jump good. He could turn the nimbus into his own asset. And again, Goku prefers up close and personal here, and later on in life. He might use it for that once or twice, but he's not gonna use it that often

4) He never relied on range in DB. Ever.

5) Not necessarily. Developing a strategy or technique or setup or whatever is often way more difficult to do from scratch than it is to replicate

6) I don't see how they are compared to Jack when not a single one of those people (barring Tien and Piccolo) has ever truly been able to contend with stronger adversaries like Jack has
Creating a weapon, and creating a technique are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. One of them doesn't even need skill while the other does to use it.

There's nothing to suggest that Jack will know what the Nimbus cloud does, let alone use it to his advantage.

The fact that Goku's power pole allows him to attack people from far away numerous times tells us otherwise.

So how does that change or debunk the fact that goku can create a new fighting style to counter jack's fighting style?

So Roshi, Yamcha, and Krillin, all 3 of these guys that have combat experience, not to mention one one of them being stronger than goku is not that notable???

<Creating a weapon

<Doesn't even need skill

I'm sorry I had to come in and say that is one of the most inaccurate statements I've seen on this site. Not like it matters in the long run here, I'm sorry for wording it this way but it's true.

1. Roshi outright said that it took him years to do the same thing Goku had just done instantly. Of course developing a new technique takes more time than just doing it. However executing the same technique that one of the greatest martial arts masters who ever lived took years to do first try by seeing it is an undeniable feat of skill. Others being able to learn it quickly proves nothing but they are also highly skilled.

2. Because Jack has a sword made of Aku's kryptonite and Aku has never actually gone all out on Jack. It's been explicitly stated and shown that if Aku were to, he'd easily destroy Jack.

3 and 4. Again I'm not saying Goku would rely on these techniques or primarily use them. Just that they'd help him further in the fight.

5. When did I say it isn't? And good thing Goku has also shown able to instantly develope new techniques, strategies and fighting styles from scratch on the spot.

6. I'm not arguing whether or not they are as skilled as Jack. But someone quickly learning the kamehameha doesn't somehow prove that instantly perfecting the technique by watching it one time somehow isn't an impressive feat of skill.

Also yeah I'm sorry but "creating a weapon doesn't require skill" is very ridiculous to say.

Back