• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai Jack: Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
Also, Ryu, there are no multiple feats on the same level in Samurai Jack. The bazillionth feat isn't a feat.
It is. The robot says that he can react in a bazillionth of a second, a word that wouldn't be used if it weren't a really high percentage, at least above millions or billions, in this context

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that the feat is more specific.

Except "bazillion" can be used for a low as a word as "thousands" in fiction and there are several series that do it. We need evidence of it being "millions" or "billions".

Aku's meteor feat doesn't directly scale to Jack, but it proves that Relativistic is not an anomaly within this verse like lightspeed is to God of War. Jack himself has 2 Relativistic feats of his own.

Samurai Jack's God Tiers have MFTL+ feats (Cronus, Nameless Darkness, etc.) God of War's God Tiers as you said only have Sub-Rel to Relativistic feats.

Also, Matt brought up a good point. I'm inflating some of the speed feats in order to try to downgrade to Hypersonic instead of Supersonic+

Aku's meteor feat doesn't directly scale to Jack, but it proves that Relativistic is not an anomaly within this verse like lightspeed is to God of War. Jack himself has 2 Relativistic feats of his own.

I haven't seen a link to the ship video yet, but I have seen talk of him using an amped suit in this thread.

The Relativistic is not an anomaly, but that isn't relevant to the thread. I'm trying to downgrade Jack so I'm speaking of his feats and not other people's feats. It may not be an outlier to Aku, but it is to Jack (in my view).

Kepekley23 said:
Also, Matt brought up a good point. I'm inflating some of the speed feats in order to try to downgrade to Hypersonic instead of Supersonic+
No, you are doing the exact opposite. You are taking the most lowball calcs and interpretations imaginable while also placing Subsonic and Hypersonic arbitrary caps in shuriken and fireball feats.

No, you are doing the exact opposite. You are taking the most lowball calcs and interpretations imaginable while also placing Subsonic and Hypersonic arbitrary caps in shuriken and fireball feats.

I made Jack's water drop feat 3x better than the calc put it at, so no.

I will write a bigger post in order to ´prevent this thread from getting circular...

Except you tried to use God of War as an example, even though the reason why it's an outlier in that case is because the God Tiers have no feats like "absolute fodder tier" has. In Samurai Jack that isn't the case at all.

And as I said, he has 2 Relativistic feats of his own and 4-5 actual feats that are Supersonic+ to Hypersonic+, done very casual. Those other very casual feats don't inherently contradict those 2 higher feats.

Kepekley23 said:
I made Jack's water drop feat 3x better than the calc put it at, so no.
And that calc is the most gigantic lowball ever because calcing the full feat is way too impractical. Plus this doesn't change the other feats you arbitrarily lowballed.

https://youtu.be/pWaQ6Tg6A5s?t=130

Here, Samurai Jack blocks a laser beam that would have hit the near-lightspeed ship, after it was fired, from close range.

Him being with a space suit is irrelevant cause that only allows him to fly and breathe, doesn't amp his reactions or combat speed.

And in the same episode he tags the near-lightspeed ship when it was moving at almost top speed.

That makes three Relativistic feats for Jack. Problem?

Here. The ship is stated to be capable of reaching Lightspeed, and they say that if Jack goes at FTL speeds he'd time-travel, so that puts the ship's speed cap at Lightspeed since it can't time travel.

In the video Js and I posted the ship's pilots state that it is at "Near top speed". Or Relativistic

So let me get at this:

So far we are at 8 "Supersonic" feats, 4 Relativistic feats, and 1 FTLish feat that is an outlier

And you still want Supersonic Jack? Even though the amount of feats on that level is literally only 1.6 times larger?

I gotta go tuxedo shopping.

Leaving off with this. I don't think 8 "supersonic feats" that were done super casually without being at all implied to be his limit, an unquantifiable not so casual feat and the first legit anti-feat (the explosion) are enough to negate 3 relativistic feats done with arguably more effort in a series that has other relativistic feats and MFTL+ feats which indicates that this isn't out of the norm for the scale of the verse (which is one of the main factors in determining an outlier).

I have no hard feelings for you Kep, I respect you greatly as a staff member and debater, as well as consider you a good friend who's helped me out through rough times. I hope a simple disagreement doesn't somehow take that way.

See ya later guys.

Looking at the eight feats in question:

I doubt this is only Supersonic. Look at how slow the arrows move to Jack's perception. Not only do they take ages to reach him but he moves multiple meters while they barely move centimeters.

This is ridiculously casual. Also automatic fire. This is closer to Hypersonic.

This is also super casual. He even smirks. Also, why do you think these sci-fi futuristic missiles can only be as fast as modern, 21th Century weapons?

I sincerely doubt that outrunning automatic fire after it was fired is only supersonic]

This feat is vague and is debatable what is even happening here. Not sure how it helps your point.

This feat here only supports mine and Ryu's point. Look at how utterly casual Jack is, and yet he can move so fast that he can unleash five sword swings at people who are at different places around the table, meaning that he would have to get up, draw his sword, slice each of them, having to move between them to hit them all, then unsheet his sword, and then sit again... At speeds so fast he appeared static throughout it.

Yeah, no. This feat is not Supersonic.

The first feat is indeed only Supersonic, actually. Just correcting you on that.

What even is an outlier to begin with?

Does the word have no meaning if we just slap high end feats when it contradicts the majority of the verse?

I agree with Kepekley, but I also think we should compromise and just change his speed to 'Possibly Relativistic+'

Two feats does show SOME sign of consistency, but it is more consistent for SS and HS then Relativistic+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back