• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai Jack: Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Jack ever deal with electricity based attacks? I find it hard to believe that he doesn't in 5 seasons. That could give supporting feats.

Damage3245 said:
Is this the lightspeed feat that people are talking about? Because going through it frame by frame, the light appears to hit the ground before Jack starts his dodge.

Not exactly an impressive feat.
I don't know if we watched a different gif, but you see him dodging the light three times in a row towards the end

1. Boros is the only feat.

2. Statements not feats. And if I harrassed one of the writers saying "Is it true Jack can actually dodge light like he did here" they'd almost certainly say yes just like what happened with Murata.

Neutral face. Unlike during the light doging where you can see him straining a bit. Or when he's clearly distraught by fighting superior opponents. This neutral face alone suggests he isn't putting that much effort into those bullet timing feats.

But again, this missile feat was done casually. It's not his upper limit. It doesn't contradict him doing a higher feat. The only anti-feats you have is the Naruto shuriken argument and arbitrarily calling everything with fire Hypersonic+. Including supernatural entities who can stomp Aku.

Non-lightning based electricity travels at a minimum of Mach 1.6, by the way.

The actual speed in which electricity propagates through the air is not remotely close to lightspeed or relativistic speeds.

Is there an option to simply not see highlighted threads?

2. Statements not feats. And if I harrassed one of the writers saying "Is it true Jack can actually dodge light like he did here" they'd almost certainly say yes just like what happened with Murata.

Nobody harrassed Murata, they asked him a question and he replied with yes. A statement and a WoG confirmation of Saitama's abilities still make his rating far more solid than a Relativistic feat that is seemingly casual and contradicts 8 other feats that are just as casual.

Maybe I shouldn't have used harassed, but again I'd almost certainly get the same answer if I asked the author.

Again none of your feats contradict it. You have feats he does casually with no indication of them being his limit. Arbitrarily assuming anything with fire including the blantantly superhuman and supernatural has to be Hypersonic+. And "Naruto's slow cause he can't dodge shuriken".

Again none of your feats contradict it. You have feats he does casually with no indication of them being his limit. Arbitrarily assuming anything with fire including the blantantly superhuman and supernatural has to be Hypersonic+. And "Naruto's slow cause he can't dodge shuriken".

Except I've shown you a feat that was seemingly done with no less effort than his light-dodge, the missile feat, and is still only hypersonic.

Also, stop repeating the shuriken thing. I have already edited that out of the OP for a reason.

@Rocker we do know the speed tho, earlier in the episode the ship was said to take off when it approached near lightspeed and Jack could tag it before it could do so

Matthew Schroeder said:
It wasn't casual. Jack showed visible worry and barely does it. Meanwhile his "Hypersonic" feats he either does with ease or a neutral face, even perceives them in slow motion.
^ Basically this.

But again even if the light dodging feat is casual, other feats also being casual does not contradict it. Even if it arbitrarily "doesn't look any more casual" (which Matt and I would argue it does).

These other casual feats are not at all suggested to be the limit of his abilities. So it does not contradict higher feats, even if those higher feats were also done casually.

The post I was responding to you said "8 feats". That's why I repeated the shuriken thing. Because you were still using it as an argument at that time.

We're going in circles so I'm going to end it here and leave it to the others to decide.

• 1. These super casual feats are not ever suggested to be his limit, so him surpassing them with higher feats is not a contradiction. Even if those higher feats were also casual.
  • 2. He does show more effort with his Relativistic feats than this other stuff.

But again even if the light dodging feat is casual, other feats also being casual does not contradict it. Even if it arbitrarily "doesn't look any more casual" (which Matt and I would argue it does).

These other casual feats are not at all suggested to be the limit of his abilities. So it does not contradict higher feats, even if those higher feats were also done casually.

Except that the feat is vastly higher than all of his other feats, and he at most did it with a little more effort or even less than the missile-dodge, the water drop feat, which are both far more consistent with his other feats.

It would be the very definition of an outlier according to our system. We have never allowed feats that are done casually and are hundreds of thousands of times higher than other feats where the character didn't show any less effort, and we should never do it.

1. Again he does show more effort with the light dodging.

2. When those casual feats aren't at all suggested to be at a characters' limit, therefore not contradicting the multiple higher feats, we can accept it. Even if those higher feats were also casual.

The "bazzilionth" feat is not Relativistic, since a bazillion is not an actual word and is a hyperbolic exaggeration for other lower "___second" prefixes. The Riordanverse Minotaur isn't a gajillion years old just because Percy exaggerated it to be.

1. Again he does show more effort with the light dodging.

The water drop feat and the missile dodges were done with more or the same effort as the light dodge, we've been over this. The exception is that both are 150,000x lower (at least, I exaggerated the water drop feat to Mach 5 for the sake of the thread)

2. 2. When those casual feats aren't at all suggested to be at a characters' limit, therefore not contradicting the multiple higher feats, we can accept it. Even if those higher feats were also casual.

No. If a higher feat is vastly higher than other 8 or 9 feats that were done with the same effort or almost, the higher feat is an outlier.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It wasn't casual. Jack showed visible worry and barely does it. Meanwhile his "Hypersonic" feats he either does with ease or a neutral face, even perceives them in slow motion.
^ Again.

And again, these casual feats aren't at all suggested to be the limit of his power. So they do not contradict higher feats. The verse has shown multiple times that feats of this aren't outside the scope of the verse. Regardless of an arbitrary "doesn't look more casual". You can take nearly any casual low end a character does and deny casual higher ends with this. But it doesn't matter because neither feats are mutually exclusive nor contradict each other.

Saitama's one super casual feat is trillions of times higher than his other super casual feats. And how does him having a mere statement rectify that, when Jack having another actual feat of it doesn't?

Or for an even closer comparison, Saitama showed a neutral face and no more effort dodging Flashy Flash's attack (which has been actually calced, not arbitrarily assumed, to be Mach 5) than with his moon jump. Therefore the moon jump is an outlier.

I've already replied to a post from you using the same argument. So yes, we've already been over this.

The casual feats not being the limit of his power doesn't matter. FTL+ Minato via reacting to A from a microscopic distance is non-contradictory to Sub-Relativistic Madara's travel speed feat where he flies to the Moon, but still an immeasurably immense outlier regardless. That's how we do things here.

And we've already been over the fact that he does show more effort than these other feats, and that the arbitrary "doesn't look more casual" doesn't negate the fact that it isn't contradicted.

I don't know about Naruto. However for the most part one feat being casual does not negate the higher feat being casual. Especially when there are multiple feats of the same level.

Or, for a better example, Lightspeed God of War absolute fodder-tiers that would scale to the entire verse being non-contradictory to Hermes, the Verse's fastest character dodging a burst of light while tired out, but still being a huge unacceptable outlier due to the fact that characters lightyears ahead of them in speed have 6 or 7 Sub-Relativistic speed feats that are consistent, with the aforementioned Hermes's feat only being Relativistic.

So yes, that's how we do things. I can seek more examples, but we definifely don't tend to accept what you said we do.

Also, Ryu, there are no multiple feats on the same level in Samurai Jack. The bazillionth feat isn't a feat.

Also, to answer the "We've been over this" thing:

We haven't. Your argument is the same as the OPM thing. You are just arbitrarily assuming the speed of half the low-ends, and ignoring that there are three Relativistic and one FTL+ feat in the verse.

It's not a derail. It's an example. The same way you brought up OPM not even a microsecond after saying I derailed for bringing up God of War.

Jack is not absolute fodder-tier that would scale to the entire verse. The fastest characters in his series have MFTL+ feats. He himself has multiple relativistic feats that are not contradicted by either his other casual feats.

Big false equivalence, sorry.

Why should Aku's meteor speed scale to Jack?

The FTL+ feat is not a feat. The Riordanverse Minotaur isn't a bazillion years old. Bazillion isn't a measure of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back