• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Discussion Thread

Chapter 3 Hachimaru cut a harder than average giant TANK with an unnamed casual slash.

Hachimaru is also fast combat wise as he was able to react to a projectile although he was unable to draw his sword.

Hayataro is fast

Nanashi is faster than both? But i doubt he's the one who cut the canon ball that would make Hachimaru cutting it unintentionally.

Anyone can prove Nanashi's katana is a normal one and not a model sword?

Zoro struggled to cut metal early in the manga. Seems like Hachimaru mastered cutting nothing.

Rocker1189 said:
someone better calc that tank projectile slice, it is pretty damn fast. Before the projectile got to Hachimaru, Nanashi was able to move from far behind to the sword, and slice it upwards.

Based on the assumption that its as fast as a M829A4 (US standard kinetic penetrator round, Mach 5ish) Nanashi (and Hachimaru via scaling) would be between Mach 7.5 and Mach 10, as Nanashi was four Hayatarous away and the muzzle of the tank was two to three[1], thus is 1.5 to 2 times faster.

[1]Distance related image.

Yea, could be higher though (same tier, higher number) as another person on reddit pointed out that the rounds could be moving quite a bit faster due to tech level difference. I generlized it to 2x as we see Hachimaru's Dad has a transport that produces a Mach Cone (Chapter 1 page 19) and the fastest helicopter can move at 293 mph (so the difference is actually in excess of 2.6x, purely based around speed) meaning that my calc moves to Mach 15 to Mach 20.

Lmao, yea I'm really hype for this as I couldn't follow Naruto Start to Finish (was too young), so this is the next best thing. I saw someone else comment about Edens Zero vs Samurai 8, I'm really hype for the rivalry that I think will ensue. Although I do think that Hachimaru does win vs Shiki currently due to speed despite being weaker ap wise (City Block vs Building+ & Supersonic vs Hypersonic)[1]

Edit: [1] Also Low to Mid Regen Helps.

Edens Zero vs Samurai 8, I'm really hype for the rivalry that I think will ensue. Although I do think that Hachimaru does win vs Shiki currently due to speed despite being weaker ap wise (City Block vs Building+ & Supersonic vs Hypersonic)[1]
Edit: [1] Also Low to Mid Regen Helps.

Skiki will more then likely reach planetary, considering they already have weapons capable of destroying planets.

There's also talk about nigh-omnipresence https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2192490#371

M3X said:
Now I hope for laser doding feats, not too hard for a futuristic manga
Yea, but thats way far off from the hypersonic+ level the characters are at now. I'm betting consistent Reletivistic to Reletivistic+, or several solid laser dodging feats by chapter 75

What's your opinion on upscaling projectile speed via comparing tech level?

I think speed should be higher, of course. LWith such a great technological advance, the speed would increase in the same proportion, but can not find the speed without baseless assumptions.

M3X said:
I think speed should be higher, of course. LWith such a great technological advance, the speed would increase in the same proportion, but can not find the speed without baseless assumptions.
Where would the baselessness be coming from in my upscaling earlier in the thread? I was comparing Hachi's Dad's bike thing to the Eurocopter x3's top speed.

The baseless assumption is take a random speed number and use it as tank's muzzle and say "Oh this speed is accurate because it is a very advances tech"

Oh so you're talking about the pre upscale speed, yea I have no idea how to justify it, the closest I've come to a justification is that in the cross section the Tank is shown using a rear breach loading system meaning it should have a projectile speed close to modern rear breach loading canons.

Daruman can decide how much time can pass between drawing his sword and the actual cut. I don't know how that translate to battle. But the potential hax is there. Although the shortest time for the actual cut to appear should be instant, that technique can be used as insurance to avoid betrayal.

For example, he cut someone. But decided that the actual cut only appears if the one he cut betray the condition set. It can serve as a "seal", he can set conditions. As Daruma said, a samurai can make their own decision. That's pseudo reality warping. As they can also make a wish, and it materialize just like what happened to hayataru.

"Samurai can make their own decisions"

Daruma showed one of his techniques where he can decide how much time passes between the drawing of his sword and the actual cut.

Although the actual cut happens instantly, maybe he can decide other conditions aside from "time delay". As he said "a samurai can make his own decisions".

We've already seen Hachimaru wished to become a samurai and it became true, then the revival of Hayataro from a wish.

The potential of their skills and power levels is insane!

Back