• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Discussion Thread

SogiitaVii said:
Unless there is a missing page...the light streak produced by Ata's movement is the same in-size:
[[1]]

So moon sized asteroid is still possible.
I would post my calc of that now. It would need some changes though.

In regards to the whole 4K metre statement, manga streams translation is somehow even odder. It says 427.2 cm so something is clearly wrong somewhere

Also I'm not sure using his streak to determine the asteroid size via scaling it to the moon is advisable. The streaks size isn't very constant from my perspective, it changes in the panels between Ata's approach and landing from being a lil streak to being humongous on contact with the satellite, but that's just me.

On the story itself, I genuinely don't know why Hachimaru decided to lie. Nothing good ever comes of it and it's not like his origin is something he should be ashamed of.

Yeah I agree actually.. I was notified by someone that it is likely just the explosion.

He is a kid that wants to sound cool lol. It makes a bit of sense.. of course lying was not a good thing to do.

Davidsteel1 said:
On the story itself, I genuinely don't know why Hachimaru decided to lie. Nothing good ever comes of it and it's not like his origin is something he should be ashamed of.
I think he just didn't want to seem lame compared to her, because he views Ann as quite the impressive person who grew up being trained to be a princess...while he himself had only ever dreamed of being a samurai until recently.

@Rocker & Yung

Makes sense, I also kinda forgot he's still a child mistakes like this will probably be made. How old is he btw? Have we been given an age?

The dude that was sent with the princess says that she is looking the ball burried deep within this star. It could possibly be a mistranslation (wait for the viz version to see) but it sounds like the planet is a star and possibly star sized

And it keeps bringing up stars thorughout the chapter

Davidsteel1 said:
@Rocker & Yung

Makes sense, I also kinda forgot he's still a child mistakes like this will probably be made. How old is he btw? Have we been given an age?
I do believe he's 15 or 14

From what I've gotten from this chapter is that the planet is referred to as a star multiple times and once as a planet, possibly a star-sized planet and Ata says he will erase the star with the moon. This would mean he would erase the actual star not the planet since he referred the planet as a planet. Looking like Ata being Star, Possibly Large Star level being

I'm really digging the galactic space travel. Also maybe it really is destiny with Hachi. Ata called him by a name we never heard before. Wonder what could it mean in the long run.

It could be the word for celestial body which can mean anything from asteroid to black holes..so I believe it is simply planet sized.

I have a possible explanation of the 4272 meters: it could be that he put in the planet's coordinates at the time of launch and the planet transgressed along its orbit in the time it took him to get there, which if its orbit speed to its star is nominal to earth's would be .014 seconds. Or it could just be a translation error.

Quick thing on calling the planet "star", apparently that tends to happen because "star" and "planet" share the same word in Japanese, "Hoshi" I think it is, so we can't use statements like that as a proof of the planet being star sized at all.

MrFloridaMan said:
I have a possible explanation of the 4272 meters: it could be that he put in the planet's coordinates at the time of launch and the planet transgressed along its orbit in the time it took him to get there, which if its orbit speed to its star is nominal to earth's would be .014 seconds. Or it could just be a translation error.
yeah that is also a good explanation. either way Viz might or might not clear it up.

Davidsteel1 said:
Quick thing on calling the planet "star", apparently that tends to happen because "star" and "planet" share the same word in Japanese, "Hoshi" I think it is, so we can't use statements like that as a proof of the planet being star sized at all.
That's what I thought as well until Ata specifically called it a planet. Anyways it's a might be a possible star-sized possibly, 100%

@PowerToScale "planet" and "star" can be used interchangeably, Edens Zero (the only reason I know this) does the same thing often. It calls planets "stars" in one panel and then refers to them as "planets" in another panel. The interchangeable use of the word doesn't automatically mean that the planet is the size of a star.

Tmw U remember Spirit Ata<Real Ata<Dragon Samurai Armor Ata ƒÆǃÆÇ

Hachi is lucky lmao

Also it seems Kishi is stil good at regulating the power levels earlier on in the series like he did with Might Guy and the 8th gate.

Even if Ata gets defeated this arc or pushed to his limits it's fine cause later down the line his other forms are gonna show way more because they're stronger

Kishi is going crazy with power levels lol... Ata can slap almost the entirety of HST already except the top tier hax ones and he hasn't even fought once.

Back