• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Discussion thread 6: Daruma's rival from chapter 1

B023 said:
Ichigo's prediction... "Everyone's going down." Very concerning coming from a child that can see visions of the future.
Yeah man,after all its not just Real Ata rather he's with his princess and the other brothers,it's no doubt everyone's going down,except..............they can be saved only if..........Yasha herself arrives to protect them

Another thing I'm guessing is that......We might see Yoken Daruma performing the star breaker Atmos Fangs ƒÿ▓ƒÿ¿ƒÿ¿ƒÿ¿ƒÿ▒,that would be OP as ****

Alright so gotta update Ata to 5-A he scales to both Daruma and Hanaichi together, I would wait till next week to make Hanaichi's profile.

Eh...it looks more like Ata blocked their hits but Daruma can tell he was using Soroken.

Samurai 8 is ******* Broken, lol. Durability Negging Swords with Regen Negation ontop is already hard to beat.

I mean I wont call it broken but it sure is strong, the neg any sort of durability that is not in the "Godly" series and even they if they use their Samurai prison thing they can neg higher regen by just cutting someone to their head and stuffing them inside. What they need to be truly broken is an ability that can put someone down for good or some really good incap skills. Lets see what World of Death brings us.

This chapter confirms those who know multiple school styles can have their own combined techniques, so since fudo created everything so he actually combine various styles and use infinities of new techniques. Damn Fudo's broken OP , like words can't express his powers

ok so a lot of peolpe are going to get interstellar range with their senses. They could all detect Ata multiple planets away.

And I suspect that Niri was always the way she is right now and she is of the same race as Kala, both missing legs and eyes. If we knew a bit more about her stats and if she shows more abilities I might make her a profile too.

World of Death......!!!!!!!!!

It's about time to go all out! Not just Daruma performing the original power of Atmos Fangs in his Yoken Form, but also Hanaichi'skills!

That isn't I can assure you. In fact, looking at the week by week sales per volume S8 is dropping each Volume (3 sold less than 2 and 2 sold less than 1) with each week dropping further.

Pretty much only thing keeping it alive is Kishimoto, but to stay alive after that it needs an anime announcement or something which won't be for a few years I'd assume.

Estimated 37k copies sold during jan. Still the best new wsj series of the 2019-2020. And with the addition of the western copies sold...

Anyway i think Ata should get a new durability feat by blocking 3 attacks from Yoken Daruma and Nekomata Hanaichi.

I have a feeling that Atmos Fangs can be used without needing a Planet's Atmosphere. It'll just be shot off similar to Gai's Hirudora.

I wonder though....Can a Girl Samurai be her own Princess of Fate? Imagine Yasha being able to Pray for herself while fighting.

Also, I don't think we have to worry about S8 getting axed short term. I think Kishi stating it "may" be 10 vols. Is pretty Accurate:

• There are 3 Samurai Left to Reveal
  • Sanda and Ichigo have to become Key Samurai
  • Nanashi's reintroduction
  • Ryu's background reveal
  • Ata's Redemption or Defeat
  • Pandora's Boxes Opening
  • Kala's defeat
  • Daruma's Vision of Hachimaru and Ann coming to pass
If Kishimoto doesn't introduce any new plot points and focuses on just these things, He can realistically finish Samurai 8 by Chapter 100 or less which should be....April/May next year at most (Factoring In Breaks). I'm sure he can lobby for Shueisha to give him until Chgapter 100 before they cut the series (If they even cut it).

I think the biggest thing we have to worry about is whether or not S8 will get a Anime adaption.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
That isn't I can assure you. In fact, looking at the week by week sales per volume S8 is dropping each Volume (3 sold less than 2 and 2 sold less than 1) with each week dropping further.

Pretty much only thing keeping it alive is Kishimoto, but to stay alive after that it needs an anime announcement or something which won't be for a few years I'd assume.
Yeah man,volume 2 had 39k sales,and Vol 1 had 40k+

40k is in no way bad for a new series. For Kishimoto's hyped manga, it is underwhelming. For cancellation, the chances are below 10%. Not only is S8 doing the best out of any new Jump manga in 19-20, a lot of Jump slots will be opening up soon. A more than a few manga will be coming to an end soon, Demon Slayer for example, a lot of slots will be open. No way Wsj cancels Kishimoto when they are gonna need new series to keep readers interested.

Only 40k for Volume 3 after being out for almost 2 months?

Dude, that is bad, I dunno where you think otherwise that it's good.

Reminder that Vol 1 and 2 did 20k in 9 days and hit 40k before a month. Vol 3 needing nearly 2 months to hit 40k is not a good sign especially since we already have a declining sales rate.

I am pretty sure it was only January that was counted for those 40k sales. It did 19k in 2 weeks I believe and it can't be bad if it is still doing better than any other new manga from 2019. Also I believe that all manga sales were down quite a bit in the last batch.

Only 40k for Volume 3 after being out for almost 2 months?

Dude, that is bad, I dunno where you think otherwise that it's good.

Reminder that Vol 1 and 2 did 20k in 9 days and hit 40k before a month. Vol 3 needing nearly 2 months to hit 40k is not a good sign especially since we already have a declining sales rate.
40k is just Jan I am pretty positive. Besides, numbers are not official. There is always a difference whether it is good or bad. I am not sure where you get your info, if 40k a volume for a new series was bad, more than half the manga wsj publishes would be axed. Also, Vol. 1 and 2 were roughly on 30k after a month. No numbers were released after that from what I recall.

I really have no ides where the fear mongering comes from but S8 getting cancelled is highly highly unlikely.

Daruma, Hanaichi and Ata attacked each other while traveling at high speed, I think this can also be used as a justification for their speed along with the part of Ata cutting asteroids

So new powers for Ata, BFR(obvious) and void manipulation(very likely this universe or dimension is one of nothingness) which likely means EE. And if we are told he created it pocket dimension manipulation. So we finally have some hax for S8 hope that some people are happy lol.

Its sales are not low for a new series they are low for Kishi and doing better than other series that started in the same year. Its doubtful that it would be cancelled. But improvement is always welcome and sales befitting Kishi's name would be great.

Holy Mother of God!! Did Ata sent Daruma and Hanaichi inside a Void Universe? The primal state of nothingness...no time, light, gravity, atoms etc.? Insane!

What kind of level is that stuff?

Also Nanashi is back! WEEEEEE

Back