• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samuel Vimes vs Frank West

Jackythejack

They/Them
eh, I had this idea suggested to me and why not. Frank's got some snazzy new stuff that he can use in a fight so this should be fun. Fight takes place in willamette mall, speed is equalized. Who wins and why?

Frank West

Samuel Vimes

oh

wait

shiet

hallo.

What would Frank lead with if he saw a man lighting a cigar with a tiny dragon?

Weapon. Hit him.

If he's showing hostile intent he'd probably go around shooting him. It's hard to say what Frank starts out with because a lot of the cutscenes themselves don't have him actually fighting anyways

Alright, so this likely becomes a fight of shooty-fist-fightin-weapon-swinging.

What's Frank's top skill feat?

Fighting against highly trained soldiers in general to be honest. Brock, the final boss in Dead Rising, is a very well trained military man. Frank can also take down a lot of military mooks as well.

Brock's fight was even done with fists, while Frank can also fight tow to toe with vietnam war vets and people who have actually had much more experience than him.

> Vietnam War Vets

wouldn't they be like

60 years old or thereabouts

or older

as for Vimes, he outskills assassins (to the point that they stopped accepting payments to kill him since he just kept T-Posing at them). Said assassins devised and nearly succeeded in a plot to kill the Low 2-C abstract representation of Death and Discworld's equivalent to Santa Claus, the Hogfather.

I meannot in Dead Rising one, also the vet that Frank fought was really damn skilled at what he did to be fair. He wasn't a slouch and he was like ripped.

Either way, that's uh...that's pretty skilled, wow.

In all fairness the guy who was doing it was considered pretty eccentric even by the assassin's standards. Teatime was his name (tee-uh-time).

Right well

if he goes for melee combat, AP is not a huge advantage on either side so

suppose I'll vote for Sam til a Dead Rising supporter shows up to prove me wrong

I am that Dead Rising supporter.

Okay so basically it's just impossible to know what Frank goes for first in character. The most he's shown having a preference for is firearms, but that's because he went for a gun in Dead Rising 1 the first chance he got. It might be safe to assume he still uses guns if he has the chance to do so. Of course that's sort of an iffy thing but if he does go for guns he has a bit he can do

Like being able to freeze someone with liquid nitrogen gun, turn someone into a Christmas decoration, explosions up the wazoo, dematerializing someone among other things I can't actuallt remember.

Oh and also teddy bear turret.

I remember the christmas decoration one

So basically he's one of those cases of a character that's too random to really put a gauge on. If he goes for guns, Sam has actually dealt with a firearm before, despite his story being medieval. If that helps. He's got practically no resistances except possibly Possession due to the Summoning Dark.

Yeeeah he's basically to random to gauge because most fights actually just happen in-game, and in those cases it's literally just Frank uses whatever he has on him.

If it turns into a firefight I'd say Frank has a pretty good chance since some of his weapons just need to connect one hit. Like Holey Terror to basically make him disappear completely. It's matter manipulation soooo. (Dead Rising 4 is like the strongest iteration of the series and I hate it)

I think this basically just comes down to skill verses pure versatility and maybe a slight AP advantage, and Frank majorly cheesing his way out of every situation like he normally does.

Ahh. Frank is twice as stronger than. Samuels is 300 Kilojoules

I'll say Frank via sizable AP and durability advatage plus Arsenal

> sizable AP

> ~2x

That's barely anything though

Barely anything would be like if it's just a hundred or So Gap in Joules. Being at least twice as strong is a decently good strength gap. Not enough to render a stomp or anything. Just enough for Frank it be clearly stronger. Especially since his is a bit or of a no sell while Samuels says it takes difficulty

Back