• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Voting for Jotaro stomping no diff.
anyways since the sam voters are pretty void (because she literally has 0% chance of winning lmao) what we gonna do now? 🤔

What we are going to do is continue this match since both sides bring good points, duh
You're blatantly ignoring the very fact that it's a stomp match in the way that Sam has literally no way of hitting or dodging an attack from Jotaro. Like bruh did you even read the "good points" brought from both sides carefully? Doubt, cuz you wouldn't be saying this 😭 "oh yeah, Sam definitely has a way to land a hit on somebody that views her 3405825242.7184466019417476x slower." 💀💀

You're blatantly ignoring the very fact that it's a stomp match in the way that Sam has literally no way of hitting or dodging an attack from Jotaro. Like bruh did you even read the "good points" brought from both sides carefully? Doubt, cuz you wouldn't be saying this 😭 "oh yeah, Sam definitely has a way to land a hit on somebody that views her 3405825242.7184466019417476x slower." 💀💀
Calm down, you're taking this too personally for a hobby, it's the holiday seasons so at least be cheery

Does it matter, everyone get off for the day and go do more important shit, we can pick this back up in a day or two 🗿

Not sure what you mean, Sam's wincons are very clear here, Chariot is just being purposefully dishonest by equating Jotaro's Reactions with his Combat speed when he has a massively lower combat speed listed on his profile. Sam would be able to react to and incap him with zero issues

Not sure what you mean, Sam's wincons are very clear here, Chariot is just being purposefully dishonest by equating Jotaro's Reactions with his Combat speed when he has a massively lower combat speed listed on his profile. Sam would be able to react to and incap him with zero issues
Oh, I'm being dishonest? Little bit ironic there don't you think coming from you of all people 🥱

But yes Weekly, just ignore the I don't know, 8 times I said "Jotaro can not punch or attack at this speed", and twist me saying "His reactions are 3 million times faster, he can react to everything she does", as to somehow me saying it's combat speed lmao. And yes, I'm aware he has a lower combat speed listed, it's precisely why in this match his reactions are 3mx higher, was that not obvious?

Sam can react to his blows, but he can react to her reacting because literally 3 million times difference, you don't need to be skilled to just react to someone dodging and proceed to counter lol.

Not withstanding prior votes casted due to Sam's AP advantage are utterly void now, you know how that works right?

Oh, I'm being dishonest? Little bit ironic there don't you think coming from you of all people 🥱
How so? I dont do dishonesty
But yes Weekly, just ignore the I don't know, 8 times I said "Jotaro can not punch or attack at this speed", and twist me saying "His reactions are 3 million times faster, he can react to everything she does", as to somehow me saying it's combat speed lmao. And yes, I'm aware he has a lower combat speed listed, it's precisely why in this match his reactions are 3mx higher, was that not obvious?
Im currently in a discussion to have his profile adjusted, combat and reaction speed is supposed to be made equal unless explicitly displayed otherwise, meaning his reactions and cmobat speed would be equalized down to Sam's level due to his only other listed speed being travel speed
Sam can react to his blows, but he can react to her reacting because literally 3 million times difference, you don't need to be skilled to just react to someone dodging and proceed to counter lol.
Mn guy, youre literally arguing that Jotaro is going to be reacting to himself. She does not need to dodge, only to catch one of his punches, then he gets incapped.
Not withstanding prior votes casted due to Sam's AP advantage are utterly void now, you know how that works right?
None of them are void, not sure what youre on about

How so? I dont do dishonesty
🗿
Im currently in a discussion to have his profile adjusted, combat and reaction speed is supposed to be made equal unless explicitly displayed otherwise, meaning his reactions and cmobat speed would be equalized down to Sam's level due to his only other listed speed being travel speed
In a discussion with who lmao? Definitely not anybody who actually knows what they're talking about given the like, 15 JoJo supporters have said no such thing? Or is this another one of those episodes?
And uh, no, that isn't how it works? Reactions are reactions, perception is perception, movement is movement, and you don't assume any of them scale to each other unless directly proven. Like goddamn, DC and Marvel would love if that was true lol.

And yeah, you're right, he should have every facet of his speed listed, Jotaro's profile is being worked on by a few lads like Baken, he and a few others have been gathering all his feats, statements and more from the manga, to even interviews and more. But rushing never helped anyone, do it right or not at all 🥱
But I can assure you he sure as **** doesn't have combat speed equal to Star Platinum lol, reactions > combat speed is common as **** in JoJo, a good example imo would be Abdul grabbing High Priestess, reacting to it, knowing what he did, realizing what's gonna happen, but not having the physical speed to compensate for it as he's already touching it.
Mn guy, youre literally arguing that Jotaro is going to be reacting to himself. She does not need to dodge, only to catch one of his punches, then he gets incapped.
Actually, I'm arguing "Jotaro throws punch, he sees Sam begin to dodge or begin to do something, he just stops his punch because he has the reactions and pulls it back at peak human speed because speed equal, he has the perception needed to do stop himself from following through, and just uses one of his 3 other limbs to throw a different attack, repeat till he lands a hit against the person he's statuing".
I made this abundantly clear, don't go strawmanning me now, you've done that enough as it is.
None of them are void, not sure what youre on about
"oh sam has strong ap lol, voting sam"
She no longer has higher AP, in fact, she has 3.4x less AP.
Jotaro's calc has been evaluated and accepted. Any votes that had that as part of the reasoning are void, this is how it works here, you should be well aware of this.

Talk about dishonesty

Jotaro's Superhuman bit seems to only imply travel speed, only mentioning his running speed, which afaik we wouldn't automatically scale to combat speed. Doesn't Jotaro beat some people up himself, people who would have MFTL reactions? Would this not make his combat speed MFTL as well? Even if his combat speed is legitimately only superhuman for whatever reason, the profile doesn't do a great job communicating it in my opinion, as the Superhuman bit only talks about his running speed, which would just be Travel Speed. So either their combat speed should be MFTL as well, or the profiles don't do a great job of saying the lower portion is also Combat Speed instead of just being Travel Speed.

Jotaro beat some people up himself, people who would have MFTL reactions?
He only ever hit Josuke, who is at best rel, if even, at the time (so like 300x below his reactions at best, possibly only MHS+ given his best feat at the time was dodging M16 carbines from a distance), and Hol Horse, who does have MFTL perception, but he did react to the punch blindsiding him, as in, the MFTL dude, in fact, reacted to the blow just fine.
Beyond that, Jotaro doesn't throw hands why would he ever after he got Plat?
So either their combat speed should be MFTL as well, or the profiles don't do a great job of saying the lower portion is also Combat Speed instead of just being Travel Speed. Would this not make his combat speed MFTL as well? Even if his combat speed is legitimately only superhuman for whatever reason, the profile doesn't do a great job communicating it in my opinion, as the Superhuman bit only talks about his running speed, which would just be Travel Speed.
Jotaro had lifting strength missing there for awhile, his profile hyperfocuses Plat, but kinda skimmed Jotaro himself 😔
Baken and pals have recognized this tho, and have started working on gathering stuff for calcs, not like it really matters though, Plat doesn't hold a candle to Plat's speed, which is where his reactions come from.

Even if you wanked Jotaro, his reactions would still be hundreds if not thousands of times above his combat speed, and I'm not sure why wanking him is the best idea, that isn't how this shit works, his best combat feat is anywhere from 300+ times below his reactions, to nearly 600,000x and that's being generous, it might only be superhuman, either way you slice it, nothing changes for said match 🗿

Yeah yeah you haven't changed a bit. One more of the Weekly episodes of dishonesty. 🔥

Boyo i just offered to post proof and you said no and now youre calling me dishonest? Thats not me being dishonest thats just you being a dick
Ok, post your discussion with a knowledgeable member on Jotaro regarding the validity and scaling between various facets of speed in general
Random dude who isn't well versed on both subjects don't count 🥱

The most i'd be willing to do is Supersonic+ Jotaro combat speed based on tagging Josuke who back flipped out of the way of M16 Carbine fire from Bad Company, which wouldn't change much. But that's being generous given Josuke was confused as **** when Jotaro tagged him

Tends to happen with jojo threads, their stats in their current state are unironically incompatible with the site's VS thread rules, its impossible to make actual fair matchups for them
Speed equalization is confusing
If I had the willpower to even attempt such a thing, I would try to make it so that speed equal means speed equal in every category of speed. No ifs or buts.

Gibby would've cleared these fodder.
Also, based.

Also, also, what the heck is going on here?

Back