• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Salt and Sanctuary profiles and possible downgrade and upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll focus on the downgrade and upgrade first. Right now the end game Saltborn and the Nameless God are rated as 6-C or 6-A due to the island the Nameless God created. This, I think, should be changed just 6-B based off the dialogue of the Black Sands Sorcerer, as he actually gives us an estimate of how big the pieces of land the Nameless God creates at once. "Imagine a demon that feeds off of the ruins of nations.... a demon that... "collects."

Such a powerful being could dwell on this island. Or perhaps this island is the demon.

And it feeds... claiming men, women, kings, countries.

This is a character who has been researching the island for a while, and his quest for the player is to help them discover the secrets of the island; so he should be knowledgeable about it. (And I know the it's a little vague but it's better than the guess we have right now since it actually gives us a size to go off of).

The other thing I want to talk about is which keys do which bosses belong too. See the thing with Salt and Sanctuary is that almost half the bosses are completely skippable, I know this because I accidentally did that during my first playthrough. I know the mad alchemist and the sodden knight are large building level due to scaling to the beginning game Saltborn but does anyone know when the mid game key begins and when it ends.

Okay. We preferably need more input than that though.

Should I get everyone on the verse page, there's only three people, or should I get more?

Everybody in the verse page and a few staff members perhaps.

Problem is, he's been collecting several countries to his island. This quote just talks about him absorbing countries, not the size of his own.

It's probably bigger then 6-C but it's still way too vague to really say

It's been an hour, now I feel bad for not responding earlier. The size of the nameless God's island isn't the part that matters because he made it piece by piece, what matter is how big the pieces are that he used to make his island. Him absorbing entire countries means he most likely made the island country by country rather than the area of an island or a continent (at least country would probably be more likely than continent level).

I would say his teir should be at least 7-B, at most 6-B made a island piece by piece, one of these pieces is an entire city while others are stated to be the size of countries.

Well, he's absorbed countries, but we only see pieces scattered across the joint. Like, he takes a castle here, a legendary dungeon there, he only takes pieces.

I think 6-C to 6-A would be the most conservative assumption honestly with how few details we're given. Especially considering you actually go across the entire island throughout the course of the game. You start on the coast, then the... What was it... Whatever the area with Carsejaw the Cruel was, you see the coast again.

There's just really not any way to tell solidly based on the statements

I guess that's fine, I guess since that's been awnsered, now I can ask what I've been really wondering about, what tiers would the bosses be.

Dunno honestly

Wierd thing about it is that none of the bosses have a connective lore, unlike Dark Souls. It's a patchwork of different stories completely unrelated to each other for the most part.

I'd say, every boss before the Kraken Wyvren or whatever it was called is around High 8-C, while everything afterwards would be... Well, now it would be like, at least 7-B cause new Generic storms are that level: User blog:DMUA/Standard calculation for just any old generic storm

Then the nameless god is self evidently 6-C to 6-A.

Though, the Kraken Cyclops might also be 7-B since it's a Kraken too, it and the Leviathan.

Ok, thank you for information, and I guess this did actually turn in a upgrade in the end ironically enough.

I don't think I can make the edits on mobile and my computer is not hooked up because I'm moving, and on top of that I don't think I would be allowed to make the edits anyways so can you or do you know someone who can change the large 7-C key to 7-B.

I was thinking while looking for my phone charger for the past ten minutes, is there any lifting strength feats in Salt and Sanctuary. I remember you can block hits from the kraken cyclops and one of the bosses is the size of a two story building. I'm just wondering because the nameless god has a lot of moves that revolve around grabbing his opponent and all of them are pretty much worthless right now due to his terrible lifting strength.

Hmm

They don't really get into physical struggles, but just off sheer size, Cyclops could be Class K.

I always did fine it weird that Dark Souls is class k from the sewer dragon (whatever it's name is, it's been a few months) but Salt and Sanctuary was class 1 despite having enemies of similar size

Eh, I dunno. I guess they're both comparable in physical strength overall so that's why?

It's wierd I suppose

Some countries are small enough that 6-C works, and others are legit High 6-A with certain methods of destruction. It's rather vague. Wasn't there like an in game world map or something? We could try using that to see how big we're talking.

That's a map of the world, and we don't know how big the nameless isle is relative to the world.

I think 6-C to 6-A is just overall best with how little we know beyond it being a patchwork of various nations

One part of the game is an ocean that you travel across off screen (like you go to it and then the journey is skipped). I agree with DMUA that what they're rated at now is probably the safest bet.

Yeah.

We don't know how long that boat took, to cut even deeper into the vagueness. It could have been minutes, to hours, to maybe an entire day, and we wouldn't know squat.

Jeez this game is even vaguer than I remember (though that is the entire point of the game, so I guess it fits).

It is a bit mysterious and wonderous.

That's why I like the game but hate the powerscaling

I guess the last thing we need to cover is the lifting strength. Should that be upgraded to, most likely, class K or should it stay where it is?

Class 1 for BOG, Class K for middle, at least Class K for both endings.

That looks like what I thought it would, so does anyone else have anything they want to bring up or should I, or a staff member, close this?

Leave the closing to Wok

But yeah, that should about wrap it up.

Yeah this seems pretty resolved. We should really get profiles done for some of the other dudes, but I'm not gonna be able to help on that front for a while. Anyways, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back