• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Salt and Sanctuary small revision

Salt and Sanctuary really needs its powers looked over but that’ll be for another day.

Currently Salt and Sanctuary is high 8-C from a very out of date kinetic energy calc. So the key would need to be replaced, I’ve found three usable feats:

The first is the salt born can vaporize metal beings that are this big (Poor video quality I know, I’ll get a better video when my new place gets internet). Though note these beings are hollow because they are purely suits of armor. And them being vaporized isn’t just a dead animation, you collect their ashes as an item.

The Saltborn can use a spell called lightning storm that summons 18 lightning strikes. The description says that you use the same reaction that happens in the sky to summon this lightning. So it is directly stated to be cloud to ground lightning (unfortunately the S&S wiki doesn’t have the spells description on it, once my new place gets internet I can get a clear scan of it, I’ll write out the full description if need be). The Saltborn can summon three at once but the overall attack summons 18 (it can vary so whether we should use the average or max I’ve found can be argued).

At the very worst the alchemist summons three lightning strikes, so they would still be three times what natural lightning is (or 1.1 tons).

So the monster vaporization will need to be calculated. Whether or not the Saltborn would remain High 8-C or not depending on lightning can be discussed.

That’s what I was leaning towards. Then I would need to rewatch the spell a few times. It can vary a bit so I need to see if it is just three or if more than three summon at once (granted I based three off the really beginning of the spell but a lot of bolts spawn after that so it could probably end up being around 5 to 6)

Edit: Just checked once. The beginning of the spell seems to be consistently three based off my testing, but six spawned all at once during the attack (it has a light to show it hasn’t fire yet, so we don’t need to go frame by frame).

Maybe we can find a playthrough with better video quality. Do you know the name of the monster and the area he is located in?
Didn't pay much attention to the lore, so is 'transforming enemies into salt' an ability unique to the Saltborn, or is it an in-universe thing that whoever dies transforms into salt?

I believe the description of Lightning Storm is mentioned at Fextralife:
Summon a storm of lightning

Also, I don't see your suggestions will result in any large upgrade; currently Saltborn's tiers are:
High 8-C | Likely 7-B | 6-C to 6-A

Even if we do a multplier based on the number of lightning bolts, it would be High 8-C+.

No there’s more to the description. I have internet so I’ll get it now.

It wasn’t supposed to be an upgrade. The old feat is out of date and needs to be replaced.

Also the enemies don’t turn to salt, the item is specifically called ash.

Last edited:
Ok, so when I tried to get the video my PS4 told me I am locked out of online functions on the account I was using to play S&S. So I would need to replay the game to get to the part that has lightning storm. I can get video of it, but it’ll be very low quality, but for now I’ll just write out the full description.

“In nature, the ethereal fabric of Sky sways and flows in the wind, sometimes becoming entangled and violent, resulting in searing bolts of lightning. With words of magic, a skilled elementalist can summon this violent effect of Sky on a whim.”

For the guardian’s I read their ash description and it appears they just turn to ash on their own. Which is very strange because literally none of the other enemies are stated to do that (and the guardian’s reason is super specific to them), so I guess they can’t be used. Bronze Knights can be used, but they are the size of regular people so it would just be human vaporization + bronze armor.

Looks like the descriptions are mentioned in an obscure wiki:

An other one:
"A powerful spirit of Sky. It seeks out enemies of its caster, exploding in devastating lightning. That the fabric of Sky can not only be shaped and controlled but made to do the bidding of its master is a testament to the brilliance of the continent's most prominent elementalists."

It also has a bestiary and list of items. If there is a specific enemy, there is a good chance there is a video about it on Youtube.
Seems like there is a weird pattern; unarmored enemies leave behind physical remains (ears, bones), while plenty of armored enemies have a glowing disintegration death animation and leave behind ashes.

But the armored guardian is stated to leave behind ashes because the magic binding the armor stopped working. Plenty of other armored enemies are normal dudes in armor and they leave ashes. Also plenty of bosses that are also either unarmored or are specific stated to be people in armor also leave the ashes. So I believe the Saltborn did vaporize them, since they are never given reasons to turn into ash unlike the clear reason given for the guardians that applies only to them.

I guess it doesn’t matter too much though all the very large enemies are post the greater krakens or are stated to have weapons that scale. So the lightning is probably the best replacement for the high 8-C key. I’ve seen some calcs like the Bloodborne meteor calc use the overall energy of the entire barrage, so I’m not sure if all of lightning storm should be used or just the 6 that can summon together during the attacks (unrelated I’ve been wanting to downgrade that meteor calc for a while, but the reason won’t relate to my earlier point).

Last edited:
Never played Salt and Sanctuary but after this thread im super interested.

You guys should try Death's Gambit. It's another side scrolling Soulsvania that's really good.

Hopefully last derail, but that game has been on my radar for a while. School just started for me this week so hopefully I can get it into a easy schedule so I can focus on other things.

Last edited:
Bump, I am pretty busy in general and I have work tomorrow, but I think everything for the CRT to run itself is already here.

Back