• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Yamcha

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said Dash in and Serious Punch Yamcha consecutively and Yamcha is dead. He is implying Yamcha can't counter, meaning he's saying he's going to blitz.

"Yamcha is on Saitama's Level"

No he isn't, if I take the statements present on Yamcha's profile at face value he's as strong as this dude who has to put his all into overpowering a planet busting energy beam and isn't even fully confident that he will pull if off . So with that in mind, how does he come close to someone who can just plow through an energy beam, which is going to bust the planet (since we're using 5-B versions here) with his raw physical strength all the while holding back.

"at least on his profile doesn't mean anything."

I'm sorry but what?

Anyway, calm down okay?

I can feel your jimmy rustled from over here.

But as i said, still vote for Saitama.

LordGriffin1000 said:
So I was right, you guys have no good reason.
They have the same stats and speed is Equalized!!!!!, Saitama is not going to be able to do that and Yamcha is a better fighter and can Fly plus Energy Attacks.
So you're just gonna ignore my reasoning because you can't come up with a convenient argument?

Aaaaaanyways, Saitama takes this.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
"Yamcha is on Saitama's Level"

No he isn't, if I take the statements present on Yamcha's profile at face value he's as strong as this dude who has to put his all into overpowering a planet busting energy beam and isn't even fully confident that he will pull if off . So with that in mind, how does he come close to someone who can just plow through an energy beam, which is going to bust the planet (since we're using 5-B versions here) with his raw physical strength all the while holding back.

"at least on his profile doesn't mean anything."

I'm sorry but what?
Yes he is.

Doctor Gero saw Goku's battle with Vegeta then calculated Goku's growth rate (which is quick). Then when he saw Yamcha he thought he was Goku. This means Yamcha is more powerful (to an unknown degree) stronger then Vegeta who is baseline Planet level.

So yes he is on Saitama's level

We don't use the "At least" to justify one person being higher then another, same as we don't use the "Likely far higher" rating in matches to justify someone winning.

Hizack123 said:
Anyway, calm down okay?

I can feel your jimmy rustled from over here.

But as i said, still vote for Saitama.
I calm, y'all can vote for Saitama if y'all want to.

That good to know, anyway i don't think Yamcha is that weak.

I mean the only reason he Got Yamcha'd it because he get cocky and arrogant and let his guand down!

....Just like Genos!
Genos'd
HEY! Yamcha!!!, you have friend!

"Doctor Gero saw Goku's battle with Vegeta then calculated Goku's growth rate (which is quick). Then when he saw Yamcha he thought he was Goku. This means Yamcha is more powerful"

Mind showing me some of the scans regarding the growth scans? Also how does him getting the same energy reading as Goku mean he is more powerful than Goku?

"We don't use the At least to justify one person being higher then another, same as we don't use the "Likely far higher" rating in matches to justify someone winning."

What are you talking about? You're basically saying that a man who can deadlift 300kg with minimal output doesn't justify him being stronger than a man who can only deadlift the same amount with maximum output. At leasts are on profiles for a reason you know? To say that although this character is on this tier, the context determines he's capable of things greater then that. However, because we cannot gain an exact measurement or number we cannot just extrapolate his tiering to whatever we want e.g "damn, i guess because he lifted 300kg that easily 1e32kg should be no problem!" Thus, we assume at the very least he can lift 300kg, and would surpass someone who can only perform the same feat with all of their strength. It's basic stuff.

It took me some time to find these and I'm gonna do this one by one so please be patient.

http://i7.***********.net/dragon-ball/340/dragon-ball-70065.jpg

This first scan Gero states they have been following Goku's progress ever since the Tenkaichi Tounament, His battle with Piccolo up to Vegeta. This means they know Goku's power and seen that he grew enormously in power between his Piccolo and Vegeta so yes they know Goku's growth rate because they have seen it.

http://i5.***********.net/dragon-ball/340/dragon-ball-70066.jpg

This scan states again that they followed his actions, Goku asked if they followed him on Namek but Gero states that they didn't need to because they completely grasp his Abilities from his fight with Vegeta and came to the conclusion that even if he got stronger because of his age aka progression he shouldn't have gotten that much stronger. Now the fact that they followed Goku means they know he can get very strong given the time and even after his trip to Namek and the period of time before he and 19 showed up, Gero still believe Goku wouldn't have gained enough power to take them. Gero built 19 and upgrade himself to combat Goku and likely took into account Goku's growth but didn't think he would grow fast enough.

http://i1.***********.net/dragon-ball/340/dragon-ball-70068.jpg

This then shows that the one thing Gero didn't take into account was the Super Saiyan transformation. Goku beat the living daylights out of 19 until the Heart Disease kicked in.

Now since Gero knows Goku's growth rate and power, he estimated Goku still wouldn't be that strong even with his time on Namek. They still thought Yamcha was Goku meaning Yamcha at minimum is as strong as Goku KKx4 which is higher than Vegeta who is baseline Planet Level.

Saitama easily knocked back an attack that was Baseline Planet Level but he is at an unknown degree higher. Yamcha is as strong as Goku KKx4 who easily blow back Vegeta's Galik Gun which is Baseline Planet Level.

Yamcha is should be on Saitama's level but it it would be to speculative and outrageous to say he's just as strong as Base Goku on Namek because Goku got a Zenkai. Yet he should be at least some degree above Goku KKx4 given the time period before Gero showed up they all trained.

Yamcha is on Saitama's Level but not stronger or much weaker he is comparable unlike Garuo ot Boros who where only Baseline Planet Level.

So what that means in a nutshell, is that Yamcha is stronger than Goku going Kaio-Ken x4 when he fought against Vegeta in the Sayian Saga. But, it wasn't "much stronger." Because he was detected to be Goku sometime after his fight with Vegta?

"Yamcha is as strong as Goku KKx4 who easily blow back Vegeta's Galik Gun which is Baseline Planet Level"

Easily? what are you talking about? Goku needed to use his full power in order to blow back Vegata's Galik Gu

LordGriffin1000 said:
Saitama easily knocked back an attack that was Baseline Planet Level but he is at an unknown degree higher. Yamcha is as strong as Goku KKx4 who easily blow back Vegeta's Galik Gu which is Baseline Planet Level.
I absolutely disagree with you on this, Goku was winded and in pain during and after overpowering the Galick Gu . And if Yamcha matches that level of strength, he's going to have to burden his body to that amount just to deliver an attack which wont scathe Saitama whatsoever.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
So what that means in a nutshell, is that Yamcha is stronger than Goku going Kaio-Ken x4 when he was in the Super Sayian Saga. But, it wasn't "much stronger." Because he was detected to be Goku sometime after his fight with Vegta?
It means Yamcha is at least as strong as Goku KKx4, who is stronger than Vegeta who is Baseline Planet Level. Yamcha also trained after Frieza killed Trunks and told them about the Androids.

In conclusion, Yamcha is stronger then Vegeta who is Baseline Planet Level just like Saitama, who is stronger then Boros who is Baseline Planet level.

Now I do belive Saitama is stronger then Yamcha but not by a large amount. So with fighting skill, flight, energy attacks with range Yamcha should take this.

That Garou argument means nothing as Yamcha would destroy him because Yamcha is above Baseline Planet level just like Saitama but Saitama is a bit higher but should in no way be that much stronger because we don't know his limits. Right now we are using 5-B Saitama who as of now is a casual 5-B.

From what it look to me i think Saitama take this

Vegeta's Galik Gun=Boros's Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon

which mean goku kkx4 kamama= the shockwave of Saitama's punch,not even the punch himself which should be FAR stronger by logic,so i think the Power differences between both it kinda big

And not only did the punch dissipate the cannon, the shockwave from it proceeded to tear through Boros and part clouds on a global scale. All while holding back. The KKX4 Kamehameha can't even hope to compare to that.

Look I'm tired of explaining this to you.

Yamcha, is at minimum as strong as Goku KKx4 who easily blow back Vegeta's Galick Gun, he then trained for the Androids but I can't assume he's vastly stronger then before but he's easily stronger than Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

Saitama, easily deflected a blast from Boros which was Baseline Planet Level

Both easily can defeat Baseline 5-B Characters but how much farther is unknown, Do you get it now?.

With Yamcha's Skill, Flight, Ranged Blasts he should come out on top. Even if Saitama was stronger you cannot assume he's vastly stronger then Yamcha, they should be somewhat close in power.

No..Goku didnt blow back Vegeta's Galick Gun "easily" at all.. that was his full power,unlike Saitama

Wasn't the shockwave itself only calced at multi continental? The shockwaves themselves are a no factor, even if the waves were 1% of the leftover energy from the actual punch itd still only make the punch itself planet tier.

^Boros's Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon is Planet buster,what make the shockwave also Planet buster

Ryop said:
No..Goku didnt blow back Vegeta's Galick Gun "easily" at all.. that was his full power,unlike Saitama
I know it was his full power, I'm mixing things up, trying to explain Yamcha my bad.

Add Dactor Gero thinking he was Goku, the fact that he trained I would easily put him over Goku KKx4 but the amount is unknown Saitama easily is 5-B but by how much is unkown but I put him higher then Yamcha because Yamcha doesn't have a feat just powerscaling.

Anyway I realise I'm putting to much stock in Gero thinking he's Goku and Yamcha's Training (tho even the Z fighter have shown great power) it would be to speculative for some and I shouldn't use as it's not enough confirmation to bump him up that high regardless of what is said, I'm shouldn't make assumptions like that and just assume he's dozens of times Goku KKx4 with no feat.

If we just go by the standard, Yamcha is Goku KKx 4 and at his full power he is able to beat Vegeta. Saitama easily deflected Boros's attack. So I'll admit Saitama is a lot stronger then Yamcha.

So yes this is a stomp since Yamcha is equal to someone who needed full power to defeat a Baseline 5-B while Saitama casually did it.

My apologies for dragging this match out.

Ryop, why would the shockwaves be planet tier? They gave a calc that says otherwise and it was the punch the dispersed the attack, not the shockwave, the shockwave was leftovers from the punch itself if I'm understanding that scene correctly. Considering the punch got rid of the laser, we have no reason to assume the shockwaves are planet tier when we see otherwise. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, evidence of sorts should suffice and I'll retract that statement.

^the shockwave was able to overcome and destory planet buster attack,which mean the shockwave stronger than that attack

Was it the shockwave or the punch that dispersed the attack.

Edit: I checked myself, Saitama makes contact with the attack so saying the shockwaves did it is clearly false when the punch itself is the likely reason.
24 8728

According to Boros' page his own attack killed him, and he was still conscious for awhile so that's either a point for Boros or a point against Saitama.

For this matchup, I only have one question..

How many Gokus has Saitama beaten?

But in all seriousness, Yamcha should have this. He can fly, has tons of other abilities and is quite similar to Saitama in stats. Also, if this is DB Super Yamcha, and I mean no joke by this, he could be way stronger than we know since he kept up training. People forget that Yamcha easily beat a Saibaman, trained with King Kai and trained for a whole while after that. He should be Ginyu level by now, if not stronger.

Then make a revision for it. Luckily i had it opened and youre right but that just means Boros doesnt have plabet dura since the multi continental shockwave killed him, not the planet buster and there's nothing else to suggest he has planet dura if i recall.

Anderson2003 said:
For this matchup, I only have one question..

How many Gokus has Saitama beaten?

But in all seriousness, Yamcha should have this. He can fly, has tons of other abilities and is quite similar to Saitama in stats. Also, if this is DB Super Yamcha, and I mean no joke by this, he could be way stronger than we know since he kept up training. People forget that Yamcha easily beat a Saibaman, trained with King Kai and trained for a whole while after that. He should be Ginyu level by now, if not stronger.
It's not enough evidence tho, anything we say is speculation. When dont know how much more powerful Yamcha got at minimum he is as strong as full powered Goku KKx4 who is a bit above Vegeta who is Baseline 5-B, Saitama is easily above Baseline 5-B.

So Yamcha can't really harm Saitama.

You know, I could rant about my own opinion since Im sticking to facts. Instead, let me use some official info. According to the V-Jump, a guidebook, Krillin's power level against Freeza was of 75.000. According to the manga itself, Vegeta had 18.000 as his power level when he invaded the Earth and destroyed planets easily (and this has been stated by multiple guidebooks).

Now, let's go into the other sagas. Yamcha, Tien and Chiaotzu all trained at King Kai's planet and easily adapted into the 10x gravity it had there and trained for quite a long time. Let's just use some proportion and say that they earned as much power as Goku did from his time there (Goku went from 416 to over 8.000 which would mean he got 20x stronger).

That would put Yamcha into 30.000 power levels, the same as Recoome, Jeice and Burter (using the 1.480 power level). Then he trained for 3 years for the androids. It doesn't matter how you put it, Yamcha is quite above baseline planet level. And this is a low estimate, since humans have a history of having better progress than Saiyans when compared to Goku in trainings such as Kami's place and even Roshi's own training.

EDIT: And I didnt even scale Yamcha to Krillin or Tien since that would send him WAY higher easily. Just to get some reference, through the Raditz battle we learn that the Kamehameha does a bit more than double the Ki of the user (so Goku's 416 made a 924 Kamehameha). The Special Beam Cannon is stronger than the Kamehameha according to Raditz, since Piccolos 408 turned into a whopping 1330 making it a 3.25 multiplier.

Pick a number for the Kikoho and get yourself a whopping Tien power level, scale that to Yamcha and be happy.

@Anderson2003

That's assuming they all power up by equal amounts. Also, we can equally rightfully assume that Saitama could OHKO the ******* Thought Robot. That is to say, we can't.

You really shouldn't bring characters like that and Saitama together, just, please don't. I mean ignoring him using PL to scale Yamcha which is kinda wonky, like a lot. Both of you should keep it to feats alone or powerscaling, anyway if Yamcha is by Gero to be considered equal or above KKx4 Goku then we can assume that Yamcha is at least baseline planet from that, now was this before or after Yamcha powered up in that scene, if it was after thst could be a problem.

Of course, ThunderClap. But theres also the FACT that humans always got way more of a power boost than Goku in the same training and sometimes in a less amount of time.

Goku: Trained for 3 years with Kami after defeating King Piccolo (PL of 260) to around 300, 400 at the Tournament vs Piccolo.

Humans: Trained for 1 year (or less) with Kami during the Saiyan Prep Time. All of them went from around the 200 PL to more than a 1000 (with the exception of Chiaotzu, of course).

So, get this, the humans made TONS of more progress than Goku in 1/3 of the time.

So, ThunderClap, to answer you, NO. Im not assuming something. Like I said before, assuming is just calling something out without logic. I dont work with assumptions. So let me ask you something, what would make Gohan so special and stronger than the natural Saiyans with his INCREDIBLE hidden potential if he is a half-breed? Humans arent as weak as people call them out to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-igxIY6U7E, he uses filler sometimes but all arguments are really well done and explained.

Heres a FACT for you: The only Z-Warriors that have never beaten Goku are Krillin and Chiaotzu . All the others, including Tien and Yamcha, have beaten him.

I think there's been a gross misunderstanding.

Gero did not look at Yamcha, scan him and say "yeah fellas, this is Goku" all what happened is that he was killing some random civillians; when Yamcha was alerted to screams he ran towards their general direction, it was at that moment Gero sensed a being who surpasses any human limitations (which Yamcha does) is approaching them and he instantly assumed it was Goku. However, on proper inspection they came to the conclusion that this person was not Goku because "the data does not match."

With that said, why would someone interpret this scene as Yamcha being as strong as Sayian Saga Goku rather than these guys jumping the gun when some dude who's much stronger than your average human was approaching them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back