• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assaltwaffle said:
YungManzi said:
TBH Saitama WOG statement would be waaaay above baseline planet level(If we accept it), but tbh.....I have no dog in this fight.
Incorrect. Until shown otherwise a planet bust is baseline Planet level.
Where was it shown that the saibamen's detonation or the stab from Gero was above what they look like?

@Assault

Isn't blowing up the earth almost always way above planet level? Hell, a lot of planet level feats come from moon busting.

I guess it depends on the kind of destruction...but blow up as i the earth explodes with one punch....IDK i'm not a calc type of guy, never been good with math.

I heard that destroying earth in one punch would only be multi continental, assuming fragmentation by Cin

@Yungmanzu

It probably would be above Planet level, but it all depends on the speed. Until you can prove that the planet bust would be at crazy speeds, we can't treat it as anything above planet level.

Destroying the Earth's surface is only Multi-Continent level, destroying the entire Planet is Planet level, blowing up a planet with ease and causing a giant explosion that dwarfs the planet with great velocity, the kinetic energy could be far above Planet level.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Yungmanzu
It probably would be above Planet level, but it all depends on the speed. Until you can prove that the planet bust would be at crazy speeds, we can't treat it as anything above planet level.
Why is this logic not being used for the Saibamen's self-destruction or Gero's stab?

Because Saibamen still scales to Piccolo's Moon busting calc, And Gero is Star level being superior to Final form Frieza, so not a good argument there.

@Duedate

What do you mean? My logic of "the feat needs proof" doesn't apply here. The Saibaman and Dr. Gero possess Planet level or higher Attack Potency from scaling. I don't see your point here.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Because Saibamen still scales to Piccolo's Moon busting calc, And Gero is Star level being superior to Final form Frieze, so not a good argument there.
Are you telling me that every time these people fight, every attack has their max strength behind it?

Because that in itself is an assumption. Dr.Gero showed zero effort in his stabbing of Yamcha, so we have no way to prove that Gero stabbed Yamcha with the strength of a star.

And the saibamen have solid facts work against them, because if you're willing to use science to say that Piccolo blew up a planet-sized moon, you should be willing to do the same for the self destruct feet by the saibamen.

Yamcha would have Planet level durability and Doctor Gero has star level attack potency which would mean even if Gero was using 1 precent of his power he could still one shot Yamcha

Huesito88 said:
Yamcha would have Planet level durability and Doctor Gero has star level attack potency which would mean even if Gero was using 1 precent of his power he could still one shot Yamcha
This, right here. Gero could be the most casual guy in the world and still stomp out Yamcha.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Duedate
What do you mean? My logic of "the feat needs proof" doesn't apply here. The Saibaman and Dr. Gero possess Planet level or higher Attack Potency from scaling. I don't see your point here.
Scaling itself is based around an assumption. Definitely, with the people involved, Vegeta or Nappa said that one of the saibamen equaled Raditz, Gero's only proof of his power (from the wiki anyway) is through power scaling.

Assaltwaffle said:
Huesito88 said:
This, right here. Gero could be the most casual guy in the world and still stomp out Yamcha.
Ok this wouldn't determine the power that he used to hurt Yamcha. It's just assumed that since Yamcha is assumed planet level that Gero's attack easily had to be above such a thing.

@Duedate

If you want to disregard power scaling entirely and be a feats purist, this honestly isn't the community for you. I say that with no malice or vitriol, but saying "power scaling isn't a thing" is not something that flys here and will never be an accepted viewpoint.

While I normally say "Make a CRT if you don't agree," that won't work here since powerscaling is such a basic element of VS community standards.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Duedate
If you want to disregard power scaling entirely and be a feats purist, this honestly isn't the community for you. I say that with no malice or vitriol, but saying "power scaling isn't a thing" is not something that flys here and will never be an accepted viewpoint.

While I normally say "Make a CRT if you don't agree," that won't work here since powerscaling is such a basic element of VS community standards.
I not trying to disregard power scaling completely, I'm just saying that the power scaling doesn't match up with what is shown. In Yamcha's case.

Base form Frieza causally rips off Nails arm Yamcha is weaker than Nail, Gero is much much much much stronger than base Form Frieza therefore Gero kills Yamcha with no effort as seen when he one stabbed him.

@Duedate

If a character's feats "matched" the power scaling, they wouldn't need power scaling to begin with. I don't see what you're having trouble with here.

Piccolo has Planet level AP. Piccolo is stomped by Raditz. A Saibaman = Raditz. Yamcha = Saibaman. Therefore, Yamcha has Planet level AP. What exactly is the problem that that?

@Assaltwaffle

My problem is that the powerscaling is ignoring what has been shown. I understand why Gero is star level, it makes sense to me as to why he is stated as such and nothing has gone against it. But with Yamcha, the evidence goes against the powerscaling because there is no way in proving that the saibamen's attack was on the scale that it seems to be believed in.

@Duedate How does it go against powerscaling when there's nothing to suggest that they are that powerful. Vegeta and Nappa stated that a saibaman are as powerful as Raditz, the z-fighters were able to keep up with the saibamen, and Raditz is stronger than piccolo.

He's only stronger than a Pre battle with Saibaman Piccolo; definitely not stronger than Saibaman battle Piccolo. But still Planet level either way.

Theglassman12 said:
@Duedate How does it go against powerscaling when there's nothing to suggest that they are that powerful. Vegeta and Nappa stated that a saibaman are as powerful as Raditz, the z-fighters were able to keep up with the saibamen, and Raditz is stronger than piccolo.
Because there is no proof that the saibamen could control the radius or precision of his attack. And if he released more power than normally capable the attack should be stronger than he is normally. If all he could pull off was creating a crater nearly the size of the person he killed, why should I assume that it had a planet level AP?

Because he's still the same as Raditz who has Planet level AP. How About that the explosion of Saibamen attack is like Petatons per cubic centimeter, to the point where even a small crater is Planet level

But you know what let's ignore everything I said about Yamcha being below planet level in durabilty, since I know a lost cause when I see one.

So Yamcha's stats are as stated on his profile. Something else that isn't taken into account is that Saitama has raerly showed seriousness. ANd the first time he did he pulled a punc hso powerful that he was able to use its kinetic force to break through a planet busting attack.

This right heres wasn't even saitama's full power, and Yamcha is planet level should be above 69 zettatons while saitama's punch was at least 59.44 Zettatons. We all know that saitama can go above this easily with no problem.

Also Saitama being serious will either be throwing punches with at least 59.44 Zettatons with no problem for a good while do to how immense his stamina is. With Yamcha since he's equal to Raditz who is supposed to exceede Picoolo's feat easily that means he can take saitama's blows without too much of an issue and even deal more powerful attacks back.

Then we have to take into account durability, which for Yamcha is somewhere within planet level and for Saitama is still unknown due to how he hasn't shown his full power yet and also hasn't suffered any damage from any of his fights.

So with all of this said the fight would be inconclusive. Due to how there is an unkown factor invovled that would heavily affect the outcome of the battle.

So my vote is now inconclusive.

"Boros (Baseline Planet level when he though out his star roaring canon against Saitama) << Saitama serious punch << Full power Saitama

Piccolo ( Slightly above baseline Planet level) << A sample of Raditz literally (could one shot) << Full power Raditz = Saibamen < Yamcha < Full power Yamcha

Btw Yamcha was confident about taking out the other 5 Saibamen all by himself"

Also striking strength is somewhat comparable to ap in dbz, at most if you want to say we can't use use full power Saitama than Saitama would only be massively stronger than Boros star roaring canon

I should also mention that Yamcha has Planet level durability because by Newton's Third law, durability always scales to Attack Potency with the exception of suicide attacks, or hax that breaks physics. Piccolo's moon busting calc was Not a suicide attack, and therefore, scales to his durability.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I should also mention that Yamcha has Planet level durability because by Newton's Third law, durability always scales to Attack Potency with the exception of suicide attacks, or hax that breaks physics. Piccolo's moon busting calc was Not a suicide attack, and therefore, scales to his durability.
While this is generally correct, Glass Cannons do exist in fiction.

@Waffle shouldn't this be closed? Having this match up is really redundant since Saitama lost to someone weaker than Yamcha.

I agree with this thread being closed. Considering Saitama lost to Raditz, this is a stomp in Yamcha's favor.

Theglassman12 said:
Oh. Yeah this is pretty pointless then. No point in adding all the 5-B DB characters to Saitama's losses.

If anyone disagrees with or has questions about me closing this, direct them to my wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back