• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamcha has the skill advantage which will allow him to triumph over Saitama's brute force tactics (which he could probably overcome anyhow).

Yamcha takes this with his far superior skill, variety of techniques, and flight.

Duedate8898 said:
Ok Glassman and Huesito, I'll concede on that point.

But one thing I don't believe is that Yamcha's physical strength is planet level. So these blows wouldn't phase Saitama.
Yamcha hurt saibamen while not at full power with his punches

Another thing is that Saitama has beaten someone with far superior skill than him before.

Actually, he didn't have the speed advantage in the fight I'm speaking of. Secondly, we've seen a lot more from Saitama's punches, then we have from Yamcha's.

Saitama punches are via power scaling same with Yamcha punches. The more showings we have are from Saitama one shotting city level people or less.

Saitama one shotted through a planet level attack and managed to one shot it's attacker as well. Also Yamcha's defeat of the saibaman was through his Kamehameha.

@Duedate

Saitama isn't stronger than Yamcha.

Early Saiyan SagaPiccolo generated 69 Zettatons yet he was far below Raditz. Raditz was in turn far weaker than Nappa who got stomped by Saiyan Saga Goku who Yamcha is comparable to.

Basically, he's far above Baseline Planet level to a vast extent via powerscaling. He should be able to match if not overcome Saitama's striking power.

@Maverick Zero X

You state that through power scaling Yamcha is far above baseline power level, which I presume is for Saitama. What makes you say that Saitama is baseline planet level?

Duedate8898 said:
Saitama one shotted through a planet level attack and managed to one shot it's attacker as well. Also Yamcha's defeat of the saibaman was through his Kamehameha.
No, you don't seem to get the power scaling

Boros (Baseline Planet level when he though out his star roaring canon against Saitama) << Saitama serious punch << Full power Saitama

Piccolo ( Slightly above baseline Planet level) << A sample of Raditz literally (could one shot) << Full power Raditz = Saibamen < Yamcha < Full power Yamcha

Btw Yamcha was confident about taking out the other 5 Saibamen all by himself

What about Boros attack says it was baseline planet level?

And Yamcha's confidence means nothing, it is said as his weakness his overconfidence got him killed.

After he beat his opponent then he got killed by self destruct, also Saitama loves to test out his opponents with a non serious punch first, and if his opponent survives that then he'll go with the serious punches, but even that isn't going to do much, he needs to go 100 percent to do damage to Yamcha. Boros stating he would destroy the planet means it's baseline (at least when he through it out at Saitama)

Saitama is serious for this match.

Also, Saitama after the punch he threw wasn't even winded. Assuming that only his 100 percent can hurt Yamcha is a logical fallacy.

Well not do damage (that would implie Yamcha would be 5 times stronger, but he isn't) but not as nearly as much as if he where in his 100 percent, Also your right so both are serious, opps on that

@Duedate

"Baseline" Planet level refers to people who can generate 59.44 Zettatons with their attacks. Boros' attack was stated to be able to destroy the planet which is would put it at "baseline" or the starting point of Planet level.

Piccolo generated 69 Zettatons and as I previously stated Yamcha is above people who are far stronger than Piccolo.

I would love to continue this, but I have some work I need to do. I'll come back tomorrow to continue.

Yamcha loses due to two big reasons.

Lower durability and Stamina.

Let's start off with Yamcha's durability: He was not planet level in durability when fighting the Saibamen. Unless you're telling me that this
800px-Yamcha found dead
Yamcha in his crater

right here is a planet level attack. And even if we go further on into the series Yamcha gets one shotted by Gero.
Dr Gero drives his hand through Yamcha
Yamcha getting stabbed by Gero

At his peak, Yamcha couldn't even keep up with a Cell Jr. who is said to be star level so I'll give him that, for a brief fight.

From Yamcha's showings, he isn't really that durable or longlasting in a fight.

Compare this to Saitama, who in his fight with Boros took a punch that knocked him to the moon, then jumped back with no damage. He then took several more highly destructive punches and punched through, as you said, a baseline planet level attack without physically touching it and killed its user.

All of this, without breaking a sweat.

Yamcha is Planet level in terms of AP and durability, Attack Potency and Destructive Capacity are two different things. Yamcha only died because he was attack by a Planet level attack with low blast radius, via precision.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yamcha is Planet level in terms of AP and durability, Attack Potency and Destructive Capacity are two different things. Yamcha only died because he was attack by a Planet level attack with low blast radius, via precision.
How exactly was that attack precise?

Just ask anybody the difference between Attack Potency and Destructive capacity and they'll pretty much tell you the same thing. Saibamen's suicide attack is on par with Raditz best attack, Raditz is superior to a pre-battle with Raditz Piccolo, who destroyed the Moon while still wearing his training hear, and the calc was 69 Zettatons, which is 1.17x the GBE of Earth. Therefore, character's are Planet level. Destructive Capacity, Precision, and Attack Potency, are parallel to the difference between Volume, Density, and Mass. It's possible for a fishbowl to have more mass than an Ocean if the water in the Fishbowl is that much denser than normal Water. Same here, it's possible for even a Wall sized explosion to have more energy output than a Planet busting blast. It's how fiction works, plain and simple.

@DarkDragonMedeus

Also you have no proof that this is what occoured, No one, no guidebook, no nothing states that this occoured when the Saibamen detonated itself.

@Duedate

Your post is pretty darn fallacious, unfortunately. You can't say that Yamcha is less durable because he loses; you have to look at who he loses to. Yamcha dying to the Andriods and a Saibaan doesn't make him not durable, since those characters are just very powerful. If you ignored scaling and looked at nothing but feats, Cell is Island level and Goku is lower than that.

If you threw Yamcha into the OPM verse, he would be the unkillable monster that Saitama is.

Huesito88 said:
suicidal attacks in db are implied to be far far above even the powers of users
That doesn't mean that it was planet level, that just implies that it was above what the saibamen could normally do.

That's my point exactly, regarding DC Vs AP. Saibaman exploding is still well over 70 Zettatons of TNT equivalent despite small explosion.

That doesn't mean that it was planet level, that just implies that it was above what the saibamen could normally do.

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to DarkDragonMedeus

@Assaultwaffle

Yamcha didn't die to the android actually.

The problem is that this implied durability hasn't stood up at all. So why should it be accepted as a truth?

Huesito88 said:
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to DarkDragonMedeus
My apologies.

TBH Saitama WOG statement would be waaaay above baseline planet level(If we accept it), but tbh.....I have no dog in this fight.

YungManzi said:
TBH Saitama WOG statement would be waaaay above baseline planet level(If we accept it), but tbh.....I have no dog in this fight.
Incorrect. Until shown otherwise a planet bust is baseline Planet level.

Duedate8898 said:
@Assaultwaffle

Yamcha didn't die to the android actually.

The problem is that this implied durability hasn't stood up at all. So why should it be accepted as a truth?
It's implied that Yamcha can't tank attacks significantly above planet level, since he is killed by two attacks above that level.

That said he can still hold his own against Raditz-level enemies. Raditz can easily defeat Piccolo, who is above baseline Planet level. So yes, Yamcha's durability is Planet level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back