• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Noah

I'm most definitely not.

Also, please refrain from being condescending to me in vsdebates. Disagreeing with me is fine, but do it respectfully.

You're also being biased, since you're claiming that Vegeta's power drop is unquantifiable, but applying random and unquantifiable percentages to Saitama based on him holding back in order to try and make him win. Tone it down, please.

Vegeta's dura = Spirit Bomb >>>> Kamehameha x 4 which is > baseline Galick Gun (eventually overpowered it during a beam struggle).

Saitama while actually serious and willing to kill >>>> Saitama while casual >>>>> Boros+CSRC (one shot both with a single punch) > baseline CSRC

what katilas said was the most accurate so far

Ten minutes later:

ZenoErasure

I just ruined your day by posting this gif before you closed the thread.

I actually perfer Dragon Ball. I don't even like One-Punch Man. I just know when a character is beat. I'm actually being biased TOWARDS Vegeta by saying that it's an unquantifible percentage. You want a number? Fine. Creating a moon is baseline 5-C. If Vegeta was baseline 5-B, that would be 2002 times weaker than him. If that significantly lowers his durability and AP, then that'd make him slightly above baseline 5-C.

So, Vegeta can resist 5-B attacks when weakened enough to be baseline 5-C? If we followed your logic, this would make his normal durability 2002x baseline 5-B. That's well above Saitama's energy output.

Of course, it doesn't work that way, but even so, none of Saitama's feats suggest that he can bypass Vegeta's durability. Punching back a High 6-A, possibly 5-B blast doesn't make you able to override the durability of a guy who gets hit by several 5-B blasts and fights on.

Oh my god. Did you read what I wrote? Vegeta's power level was significantly lowered by performing an attack that was 2002x weaker than his regular attacks. Obviously, that isn't the case, so I said it was just an unquantifible number.

Being condescending again, i see.

I did read what you wrote. You said that Vegeta's moon feat would make him "slightly above 5-C".

The "50%" and "2x-6x" percentages you apply to Saitama are also false and unquantifiable. Saitama easily overriding a High 6-A, possible 5-B doesn't make him able to override someone who resits several 5-B blasts in a single fight.

Not sure how that disproves what i said.

@Starry

3 to 4 for Saitama, and at least 3 for Vegeta

Good catch.

Is the Narrator wrong?

Chapter: 234 (DBZ 40), P1.1 Narrator: "Only the Genki-Dama can defeat the fearsome Vegeta now that he's transformed into an Oozaru! But Goku can't get the time needed to concentrate for that! He blinded Vegeta with the Taiyo-Ken and used that opening to put some distance between them, and has now begun concentrating!"

No, i'm saying that Base Vegeta can resist half of the power required to kill his Oozaru form.

That is true goku stated some of the spirit bombs power went away so it would still be way above baseline

Chapter: 237 (DBZ 43), P1.3/P3.6

Context: giving Kuririn the Genki-Dama

Goku: "Genki-Dama. Yes, ki that I gathered bit by bit from all over the Earth. About half of it got away, but I think there's enough to beat him as he is now. [ ] Do it, Kuririn! Gohan couldn't control such power."

^ Goku said that there was half of the previous Spirit Bomb left, and thought that this would be enough to defeat Vegeta, but the Saiyan survives by the skin of his teeth. This means that 50% of the power required to defeat Oozaru Vegeta isn't enough to defeat normal Vegeta.

Kepekley23 said:
Chapter: 237 (DBZ 43), P1.3/P3.6
Context: giving Kuririn the Genki-Dama

Goku: "Genki-Dama. Yes, ki that I gathered bit by bit from all over the Earth. About half of it got away, but I think there's enough to beat him as he is now. [ ] Do it, Kuririn! Gohan couldn't control such power."

^ Goku said that there was half of the previous Spirit Bomb left, and thought that this would be enough to defeat Vegeta, but the Saiyan survives by the skin of his teeth. This means that 50% of the power required to defeat Oozaru Vegeta isn't enough to defeat normal Vegeta.
Dude, you are bringing in actual facts, while the others are still basing their arguments on assumptions. This is why saitama shouldn't be used in vs battles, he doesn't have enough feats. People keep saying he wins because he was "holding back" as if thats a factor in a battle where actual feats and facts are more important than assumptions and character statements. Saitama holding back is unquantifiable since you cant actually put a number to how much he was holding back by. Boros said he still had energy left, but this can be interpreted in different ways.

Changing my vote to indecisive. It makes sense but it doesn't make sense.

If vegeta was this durable then Gohan shouldnt have been able to wear him down in a barely weakened state.

-Saitama One shots a planetary but the argument is vegetas durabilty surpasses saitamas AP

-Gohans Ap is less than planetary but is still able to cause harm to and keep up with vegeta in his base form.

-Vegeta takes a 5b blast and lives through it and gets hit by ozzaro gohan

Dragon ball gets too confusing when it contradicts itself lol.

RealeyesRealizeRealies said:
If vegeta was this durable then Gohan shouldnt have been able to wear him down in a barely weakened state.

-Saitama One shots a planetary but the argument is vegetas durabilty surpasses saitamas AP

-Gohans Ap is less than planetary but is still able to cause harm to and keep up with vegeta in his base form.

Vegeta took the kaio-kenx4, the spirit bomb, and then was weakened enough for great ape gohan to finally defeat him by landing on top of him. He got crushed by hundreds of tons of weight.

RealeyesRealizeRealies said:

Vegeta took the kaio-kenx4, the spirit bomb, and then was weakened enough for great ape gohan to finally defeat him by landing on top of him. He got crushed by hundreds of tons of weight and still managed to move.

I have been told that this thread is getting out of hand. Perhaps it should be closed?

So, what do the rest of the staff think? Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back