• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Rayquaza

If people within the Pokemon verse are not assigned types, why should Saitama be assigned a type this particular pokemon has a resistance to?

We do not give non Pokemon Types. However, techniques can still be assigned them on a case-by-case basis.

Well, Ray's page lists fighting attacks as Martial Arts, does that mean that Ray has resistance against physical attacks that are part of a martial art, but not regular physical attacks? Or does this resistance only work against other Pokémon?

Bepo4151 said:
I thought we use typing only if we have a fight between two Pokemon.
From the threads I've seen, it's more of a one and a half way street. If a fire maipulator attacked a pokemon (the same tier of course) then it'll hurt it quite a bit. But attack a non-poke w/ any element it's not weak 2 for any other reason outside of elemental logic, the it'll hurt as much as it should.

Saitama for the reasons above

Also as for Goku being the weakest 3-A i think that's off. I mean he's weak hax wise but isn't he pretty high on the 3-A scale? I definitely wouldn't go as far as to calling him the weakest 3-A

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Saitama for the reasons above

Also as for Goku being the weakest 3-A i think that's off. I mean he's weak hax wise but isn't he pretty high on the 3-A scale? I definitely wouldn't go as far as to calling him the weakest 3-A
Goku is strong, no doubt, but I think that any 3A with some form of hax has such a massive advantage that it's unreal. I mean, pretty much any 3A from Saint Seiya could stomp him.

Hm...Rayquaza is way above baseline planet isn´t he? Tbh i feel like that might be enough to at least keep him on par with current Saitama, since he stomped a baseline Planet character.

Do keep in mind though, even if Rayquaza remains flying and uses ranged attacks, i don´t think all of these attacks have 5-B AP, so most would be a very small bother to Saitama

If this is In character, Saitama will obviously understimate Ray since the beginning, which could allow him to use powerful attacks (Dragon Ascent, Hyper Beam, etc) and catch him off guard, but he wont OHKO Saitama

There is also Rayquaza´s boosting moves, get one or two Dragon Dances or Swords Dances, essencially doubling or multiplying his attack.

But to be honest, Saitama has the edge on the fight from the beginning by virtue of also being way past baseline Planetary. Unless Rayquaza gets like...i dont know, 4 Dragon Dances or 2 Swords Dance, which i doubt Saitama will let happen, i give this to Saitama...High-Mid or Low-High Diff

QuagsireTheLegend said:
Hm...Rayquaza is way above baseline planet isn´t he? Tbh i feel like that might be enough to at least keep him on par with current Saitama, since he stomped a baseline Planet character.

Do keep in mind though, even if Rayquaza remains flying and uses ranged attacks, i don´t think all of these attacks have 5-B AP, so most would be a very small bother to Saitama

Not how it works...at all.

Since Ray is 5-B all his attacks can pack 5-B power, if I'm wrong someone correct me.

No you're mostly correct, some arent as powerful as others (not everything is gonna be as strong as hyper beam, draco meteor, dragon ascent, etc) but theyre all a problem for Saitama here.

Isn't this tho basically like that RayQuayQuay vs Deoxys fight? If my memory serves right, Deoxys went physical. I might be wrong tho, I'm getting old.

Firestorm, i'd suggest looking at Ray's profile, things were recently changed. Then save face by acting like ya were knew by editing your post and I'll follow suit and no one will know ovo.

Back