• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Rayquaza

Its a poor matchup but imo a stomp is when a character literally cannot win before the match even started for example, Yhwach vs Saitama.

I do think saitama is being undersold here though. He should have no issues tanking Rayquazas attacks with minimal difficulty. He did oneshot Boros with the shockwave off a punch alone, and thats definitely enough to offset range attacks from Rayquaza and alter trajectories and such. He can also defeat Rayquaza that way aswell and if Rayquaza charges into CQC then Saitama should deal lethal damage very quickly, being much smaller and nimble/versatile.

So ill be the one person that votes for the baldy.

I think Saitama have a chance here, i mean while Ray have a alot abilities but i don't any that can ignore Def of Saitama here.

So i Vote for Saitama.

Saitama's speed = Mach 36929.057338192419

Rayquaza's speed = Mach 13693.877551

From calculations alone, Saitama would be about 2.5 times faster than Rayquaza and seeing that the former performed his feat with the upmost of ease all while holding back. Whether or not Saitama could counter and evade attacks would be an absolute non-issue.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Saitama's speed = Mach 36929.057338192419
Rayquaza's speed = Mach 13693.877551

From calculations alone, Saitama would be about 2.5 times faster than Rayquaza and seeing that the former performed his feat with the upmost of ease all while holding back. Countering and evading would be an absolute non-issue.
And if Saitama gets paralysed, he's still 1.25x faster.

What Austrian-Man-Meat and LordAizenSama said means that this here is no stomp and that Saitama does have a decent chance at winning this.

Nonetheless my vote goes with Rayquaza mainly because of flight, better range and stat amping. Rayquaza can use its flight to get the time it needs and can then quadruple its speed and AP with dragon dance.

People talk as if flight would be a major hinderance to Saitama when in reality, it really wouldn't be at all. Take Mosquito Girl for instance, she could fly but Saitama simply leaped into the air and intercepted her with a nice big-old smack to the body before she had any chance of reacting to it. Given the speed difference between the two combatents here; you have my word that a similar scenario will occur.

Also stat amping seems suspect, if Rayquaza is capable of doing such a thing shouldn't that version of Rayquaza be added as a key on his profile?

I mean Dragon Dance is apart of Rayquaza's canon learnset. I believe it is linked on his file. If not I'll fix it when I get to a desktop.

Another thing I should mention is Rayquazas natural resistance against punches and kicks as those can be classified as fighting type moves.

With speed equalized, RayQuayQuay, but without, Saitama takes this.

One question tho, Saitama deflected both the planetbusting laser thing, AND killed Boros in one shot. Doesn't that put him a bit higher? I mean, he deflected something able to wipe the earth, AND kill a planetbuster. Shouldn't that account for something? I think it would be easier to imagine if it was a meteor with Boros right behind it. Meteor that can wipe out earth, with planet level durability thing behind it.

Not voting at all, but 2.5X is much less of a gap than you're thinking, especially with Dragon Dance, Scary Face, and Extremespeed on the table

Lit only reasoning I'm saying this is that we hype up speed wayyyyyy too much on this site, with all the speed equal matches, and I'm partially to blame for that.

The real cal howard said:
Not voting at all, but 2.5X is much less of a gap than you're thinking, especially with Dragon Dance, Scary Face, and Extremespeed on the table
Lit only reasoning I'm saying this is that we hype up speed wayyyyyy too much on this site, with all the speed equal matches, and I'm partially to blame for that.
It all that buff is forever? If not then i will say that Saitama can still catch Ray offguard.

Yes, Rayquaza's AP/Speed buffing with Drafon Dance and Speed debuffing with Scary Face is as long as the battle lasts.

Again, only reasoning I'm saying that is that speed is too important on this site.

It's not just the 2.5x gap that implies a wide gap in speed, it's that even if Rayquaza were to buff his speed that much he would still be slower. The "at least" is an incredible advantage; as I said before, gets overlooked in quite a few matchups.

By what logic is the "at least" an advantage thou it's not a number that tells you how fast the person is.

Also, the moon jump is Saitama's least casual feat iirc. He didn't want to suffocate.

Furthermore, one Scary Face makes the gap just 1.25x, while one Dragon Dance puts Ray in the lead. Speed is not the main factor. Speed would only be the main factor if the gap was like, 8-10x. I'd think it'd still be fair even if Saitama was 5x faster.

WilliamShadow said:
By what logic is the "at least" an advantage thou it's not a number that tells you how fast the person is.
By what logic isn't "at least" an advantage? If y can perform x's feats but can only do so when going all out whilst x done his casually without much effort what more would you need to tell you that x is faster than y by quite a significant amount?

Yes, Saitama might be considerably faster than Rayquaza in the beginning. However their AP/Dura is roughly the same. Thus Rayquaza won't get defeated in just a few punches, considering it's resistance to fighting type moves, I'll go as far as saying Rayquaza will be able to take quite a lot of his punches. Well once it realises it's outclassed in speed, the quite intelligent Rayquaza will fly into space where Saitama can hardly reach it and start buffing himself up.

Thing is Dragon Dance will buff Rayquaza's speed to 4x, since that "at least" is unknown territory let's say they'll end up around equally fast. But Rayquaza's AP will be 4x higher than Saitamas at that point. Then Rayquaza can start lowering Saitamas speed down to 1/4th with Scary Face. (using buff moves multiple times to stack the effect has happened in the anime, so I guess that's canon)

After all the buffs and debuffs Rayquaza will definitely have the Edge in Speed and AP. Then there it also it's much better versatility and flight. Altogether Rayquaza seems like quite the strong contender for the victor of this match.

You're forgetting that there's a distance between characters. That's why characters can be .2c for dodging light or Mach 5 for dodging lightning. Speed is important, but people are acting like a gap of at maximum 3 times is worth winning, and Saitama can't even one-shot.

I'm not even just talking about this match. This has bugged me for a while.

The real cal howard said:
Also, the moon jump is Saitama's least casual feat iirc. He didn't want to suffocate.
True say, I also recall Saitama having a monologue about himself questioning if he really was going to do the jump.

A 3 times speed advantage would be important if the two persons don't have particular hax and they are more or less equal in all other stats.

People can debate at leaat however they want in vs threads.

Im surprised people haven't mentioned saitama is Unknown , at least 5-b

@Dafritzl being resistant to fighting type move is forcing game mechanics onto saitama.

Also ill just point out mega kick and mega punch are normal type attacks.

Yes but they are incredibly stupid. Explain to me how mach punch is fighting and mega punch is a normal type attack. What physical difference is there in those attacka that allows for a 50% resistence to the attack? What standards are they using? Blunt traums is blunt trauma last time i checked

Just another reason why peiple dont like debating pokemon I guess

Saitama is only "Unknown, At least 5-B" because if he does a Star level feat in the next chapter, it won't be an outlier and he'll be automatically upgraded.

For the purposes of every VersusDebate, he is simply unquantifiably above baseline 5-B.

I'd argue that since Saitama has no actual skills and isnt a trained fighter he would fall under "Normal" typing

Back