• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He's stealthy I guess, and he knows how to dodge.
Saitama can be strong but as long as he can't lay a hand on Ace, that's that.
Good with the environment, might be able to smack Saitama with a lamp post or some shit, and can use the environment to his advantage.
Might drag him to an environment more akin to his fighting style, since SBA says they're allowed to change locations

Should I unequalize speed or is this match even enough as it is?
Saitama's speed grows as well seeing that he blitzed the monster that had recently beaten him down

Saitama's speed grows as well seeing that he blitzed the monster that had recently beaten him down
I know that, but should it be unequalized so he can grow to Ace's speed? Or keep it equalized to where he starts off equal and gets superior

Sure, though it may not matter much given the beginning speed gap is only 3.29457609x, and Saitama will grow to match and eventually likely surpass Ace's speed.
Unequalized. Ace now holds a notable speed advantage until Saitama catches up

I know that, but should it be unequalized so he can grow to Ace's speed? Or keep it equalized to where he starts off equal and gets superior
I don't think it would change much really, Saitama can definitely outlast the beatdown and just keep growing and growing until Ace just can't dodge his attacks

A 3x gap is pretty significant in a close combat fighting scenario, especially when fighting someone who has a range advantage (pipe) is a more skilled than you.

Imagine how MMA or Boxing fights would go if 1 fighter were 3x faster. It would be a one-sided match.

Again, the one-sided-ness would only help Saitama in the long run.

Pre-Training Saitama has no feats of growing stronger mid-battle if you ask me.
Pre Training and In Training Saitama are pretty much the same key, and he did beat Crablante after enduring a pummeling from the monster seemingly becoming fast enough to dodge the blows that he previously could not.

Pre-Training Saitama has no feats of growing stronger mid-battle if you ask me.
seems to have an inherent ability
It's not shown to be a limiter thing, as Saitama's limter was removed when he became completely bald. I don't know why he would randomly gain an ability like this from just working out.

It's not outlandish either as multiple people in One-Punch Man have inherent abilities similar to Saitama's, such as Garou and Metal Bat.

Pre Training and In Training Saitama are pretty much the same key, and he did beat Crablante after enduring a pummeling from the monster seemingly becoming fast enough to dodge the blows that he previously could not.
He caught Crablante off-guard and targeted his weak point.
0002-014.png
0002-015.png

From Accelerated Development page -
Battle (Formerly called "Reactive Power Level"): This is the ability to rapidly increase one's overall strength or other physical capabilities by engaging in combat, becoming more and more capable over the course of a fight. This ability can grant a significant edge in battle, as users can potentially strengthen themselves to match or exceed opponents that were previously on par with or more powerful than them. It is important to avoid confusing this ability with Reactive Evolution, which allows one to develop new powers and resistances in response to the enemy's attacks, and may encompass this ability as well in the process. By contrast, battle-oriented Accelerated Development does not grant any new abilities, it strictly improves existing ones.

If Pre/In-Training Saitama can grow stronger mid-battle, then I think a CRT should be made to add "Battle" onto his page. At the moment, I only see "Training"
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Accelerated Development (Training; Physical Stats. He became ridiculously more powerful during his 3 years of training. Genos theorized that even Saitama himself cannot explain the secret to his power)

I don't know where people are getting the idea that Saitama could rapidly grow in-battle in his pre-training key when he's basically just a regular citizen. He only started to gain his rapid reactive evolution once he'd begun his training and started to remove his limiter. Even during his fight with Crablante, he primarily won because he targeted Crablante's weak point and because of his pain tolerance, not because he grew strong enough to withstand Crablante's attacks. Anyway, I'll vote for Ace because he has more fighting experience than Saitama did, higher LS, and higher speed than Saitama.

Well in that case it's just a stomp because Saitama has no wincons then
He will have a wincon if you make a CRT and successfully add "Battle" (one of the causes of Accelerated Development) onto his page. I didn't dismiss your argument that he can grow stronger mid-battle. I'm simply using what is available on the profile.

Hit harder I guess

You wanna change ur vote?
No? His AP advantage is minimal so even if he lands a hit it won't do any significant damage. The only thing he has going on for him is that he just becomes a glorified durable sandbag due to his endurance.

He will have a wincon if you make a CRT and successfully add "Battle" (one of the causes of Accelerated Development) onto his page. I didn't dismiss your argument that he can grow stronger mid-battle. I'm simply using what is available on the profile.
My experience with making CRTs is that they take at least a week or more to get staff approval

Well Saitama's got a really high pain tolerance and stamina. It's what allowed him to survive his harsh training, so Saitama could outlast Ace. Saitama's also clever, as he used his tie as a makeshift weapon, and he could possibly think of a strategy to either trap or bait Ace, since Ace is prone to anger.

Well Saitama's got a really high pain tolerance and stamina. It's what allowed him to survive his harsh training, so Saitama could outlast Ace. Saitama's also clever, as he used his tie as a makeshift weapon, and he could possibly think of a strategy to either trap or bait Ace, since Ace is prone to anger.
Outlast how? He is getting pummeled the whole fight without a chance to retaliate, even if Ace eventually gets tired and somehow failed to straight up kill him Saitama would be in an even worse state than him from the beatdown he just suffered.

Not to mention that the massive LS advantage would just mean that if Ace decides to grapple Saitama its over.

Well, I failed to remember if Kid Ace has better stamina/endurance feats than Saitama's. So I guess you can argue that Saitama is superior in that aspect.
My experience with making CRTs is that they take at least a week or more to get staff approval
This doesn't matter at all. We can always reconsider this match.

Saitama FRA. As mentioned before, Saitama's pre-training and during training keys should be pretty much the same in that aspect. Also, rapid growth in strength isn't something limited to Saitama or Garou. It is something that can be done by anyone in OPM with sufficient willpower and endurance. It is inevitable that Saitama will be far stronger than what Ace can hadnle once pushed to corner.

And as I mention above, Pre-Training Saitama cannot grow stronger in the middle of the fight unless somebody makes a CRT to add it to his page.

It's not shown to be a limiter thing, as Saitama's limter was removed when he became completely bald. I don't know why he would randomly gain an ability like this from just working out.
A limiter can start to break before it's completely removed, as proved by Garou vs Darkshine. His derpy face, similar to his bald self, was a clear indicator that Saitama's limiter was starting to break in that fight.

How doesn't kid ace also have accelerated development... I swear he very quickly grew in strength everyday very fast if I remember correctly 🤔🤷‍♂️

A 3x gap is pretty significant in a close combat fighting scenario, especially when fighting someone who has a range advantage (pipe) is a more skilled than you.

Imagine how MMA or Boxing fights would go if 1 fighter were 3x faster. It would be a one-sided match.

Again, the one-sided-ness would only help Saitama in the long run.
🌚

Hmm, don't wanna be that human but... How does Saitamas durability get somehow translated to ap? Especially when it looks like he got unconscious aswell from it 🤔

I believe Saitama can win. Saitama only needs to destroy the ground where they are fighting which makes Ace shocked and lose his balance, and at that time Saitama will defeat Ace who is not ready to receive an attack by hitting him with all his might. Moreover, Saitama's punch is stronger than Ace's defense when viewed from the AP

Saitama seems to have an inherent ability to be able to grow to a "gets one-shot" to a "one-shot" gap, so that could come to play here. His supernatural willpower and high pain tolerance should allow Saitama to survive until this ability kicks in.
This was after several months of his training, and even in that fight, he didn’t win because of rapid evolution; it was because he had a decaying tooth in his mouth which was causing him pain and hindering his abilities. Once the tooth was knocked out, the pain was gone and he could kill Personification of a Light Cord easily. This key is Pre-training Saitama, so it seems very unlikely to me that his accelerated development would suddenly kick in.

it was because he had a decaying tooth in his mouth which was causing him pain and hindering his abilities. Once the tooth was knocked out, the pain was gone and he could kill Personification of a Light Cord easily
That's completely false and I'm not even sure where you're getting this from. Saitama lost his tooth, sure, but how does that indicate that it was the cause of his initial loss against PLC? Saitama got stomped. A bad tooth wouldn't change the tides that much.

The argument that this happened during Saitama's training so it can't be applied here makes no sense, as the reason the power spike occurred was due to Saitama's body reaching his limits, and overcoming them with the sheer willpower that he's had since he was a child, being able to overcome things that should have killed him.

@Kachon123 Can you make a CRT and add it to Saitama? Because the profile currently doesn't reflect that Pre/In-Training Saitama can become stronger in the middle of battles.

@Kachon123 Can you make a CRT and add it to Saitama? Because the profile currently doesn't reflect that Pre/In-Training Saitama can become stronger in the middle of battles.
We should just make a blog explainig the Limiter. Saitama's AD would come as a byproduct of the blog.

The argument that this happened during Saitama's training so it can't be applied here makes no sense, as the reason the power spike occurred was due to Saitama's body reaching his limits, and overcoming them with the sheer willpower that he's had since he was a child, being able to overcome things that should have killed him.
I’m very sure that internal dialogue was just a way to mislead the audience, to subvert the typical “getting stronger through battle with willpower” and show it was really just a bad tooth which was impeding his fighting ability.

Back