• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Where does this take place? Is it somewhere where Ace can get a improvised weapon? Does he has access to his usual pipe?

Ace is very agile as well, his small size and Acrobatics on top of immense hand to hand skills are likely going to overwhelm Saitama. I think Ace wins with low to moderate difficulties, his abilities in battle are just too much.

I must ask, does Saitama has any winning conditions?

Where does this take place? Is it somewhere where Ace can get a improvised weapon? Does he has access to his usual pipe?
SBA. Central Park, New York City.
Ace is very agile as well, his small size and Acrobatics on top of immense hand to hand skills are likely going to overwhelm Saitama. I think Ace wins with low to moderate difficulties, his abilities in battle are just too much.
True
I must ask, does Saitama has any winning conditions?
Can take a shit ton of damage and grow to be able to overpower Ace. Not the likeliest wincon but it's one that exists.

Ace is comparable to Sabo, whose muscle memory alone is enough to surprise a Fishman Karate Master. Yes, Ace outskills.
Also, I don't see how muscle memory = skill?

Just because Ace ~ Sabo in skill, that doesn't mean you can scale Ace to something to like Sabo's muscle memory.

Muscle memory =/= Skill. Muscle memory is the ability to reproduce a movement without conscious thought. That's not something Ace has shown to have in this key, and we can't give him that as a feat.

Wait, within a span of minutes/seconds? How long does it take?
Looking at the context, it took a couple moments as right when Saitama grew, the monster he was fighting was still commenting on the punch he used on Saitama saying, "No, that didn't do it either! I wanna hit even harder..."

Just because Ace ~ Sabo in skill, that doesn't mean you can scale Ace to something to like Sabo's muscle memory.

Muscle memory =/= Skill. Muscle memory is the ability to reproduce a movement without conscious thought. That's not something Ace has shown to have in this key, and we can't give him that as a feat.
It means that Ace is capable of fighting someone who has that attribute

The gap is only 1.25 times, and since Ace is more skilled, Saitama being on the brink of defeat is inevitable.
I mean does it ever works on soneone who's more skilled than Saitama? Not to someone who's stronger, plus Ace is considerably weaker than Saitama, not the other way around

Huh?

Sabo straight up remembered how he fought due to muscle memory, it was reflex to counter a sneak attack from a Fishman, which then commented on how his body "remembers how he fights", even though Sabo had amnesia. So a Sabo without any memories of his experiences is so skilled that he can surprise a Fishman Karate Master, Ace is as skilled as Sabo with his memories.

Ace ~ Sabo > Sabo (Amnesia) ~ Fishman Karate Master.

It means that Ace is capable of fighting someone who has that attribute
How would muscle memory be applicable in a fight, and how can that be attributed to Ace as a skill feat?

The only way I can see Sabo utilizing it in combat is like automatically blocking or something. Not really a skill feat.

The gap is insignificant. Saitama only has a 1.25x advantage in APO.
Yes so Saitama is stronger, and you said that he will grow from getting one shotted to one shot his opponents, meaning he gets stronger by fighting stronger opponent, while Ace here is weaker than Saitama but considerably more skilled

So my question is does Saitama ever grow to one shot someone who's actually weaker than him?

How would muscle memory be applicable in a fight, and how can that be attributed to Ace as a skill feat?

The only way I can see Sabo utilizing it in combat is like automatically blocking or something. Not really a skill feat.
It means that sabo muscle memory is enough to surprise the fishman
Ace is able to fight a more aware sabo and tie
So ace~Sabo>sabo with amnesiaa~fishman

Also, something I would like to mention is that the "Fishman-Karate Master" Charmander was referring to was Hack. Sabo vs Hack was only in the anime afaik, so I'm not sure if that can be credited to him as a real feat.

surprise the fishman
Surprise =/= Comparable in skill

Again, Muscle Memory =/= Skill.

Hack was shocked that Sabo's body remembers how to fight despite losing his memories. How the hell is that skill? Hack never commented on how the fighting Sabo remembered was especially skilled or special, so I have no idea were yall are getting this from.

Why are you trying to box Saitama's ability to only fighting stronger opponents? It's when he's backed in a corner.

Saitama and Ace are as good as comparable in AP. If Saitama gets beaten down by someone more skilled and similar AP to him, he will eventually grow to the point of one-shotting.
Alright fair

So:

1. Saitama has an AP advantage to begin with that will eventually grow to a one-shot if he's pushed
2. Ace is pretty skilled and is quite acrobatic, but probably not to the point that Saitama can't keep up
3. Ace has higher LS, but grappling would just trigger Saitama's growth and end up harming Ace more then it helped him in the long run

Does Ace have any more wincons, if not, then I think it's safe to say that Saitama wins mid to high diff.

Yeah I think Saitama should take this, he definitely has the endurance to outlive the beatdown and eventually just one shot with his growth.

3. Ace has higher LS, but grappling would just trigger Saitama's growth and end up harming Ace more then it helped him in the long run
Ace is quite literally a thousand times stronger lifting wise. Idk if his growth will do anything

Does Ace have any more wincons
He's stealthy I guess, and he knows how to dodge.
Saitama can be strong but as long as he can't lay a hand on Ace, that's that.
Good with the environment, might be able to smack Saitama with a lamp post or some shit, and can use the environment to his advantage.
Might drag him to an environment more akin to his fighting style, since SBA says they're allowed to change locations

Should I unequalize speed or is this match even enough as it is?

Back