• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Based on?
If it was really based on willpower, then the rotten tooth wouldn't have even mattered, and as soon as he was pushed to his limits and crashed through the wall, he would've just overpowered him, the same way Garou did in his fight against Darkshine. The entire point of the chapter was that Saitama was beginning to feel a growing pain while training, and he assumes that it's a result of his training. He thinks that this growing pain as a result of his training is what's holding him back and what he has to overcome, but then it turns out it's just a rotten tooth, and he's back to normal. That's the joke.

Regardless, the feat you're speaking of was only after had done his training for more than 300 days, mean it took that long for his body to begin to evolve. I see no reason why we should assume a Saitama who's undergone no training whatsoever and whose body hasn't been used to facing tough opponents. Even for Garou, it took several battles with strong opponents before the potency of his reactive evolution started to increase, so I really don't see how this Saitama could evolve mid-battle when he's just a regular citizen.

If it was really based on willpower, then the rotten tooth wouldn't have even mattered,
You are basically implying that Saitama can't ignore tooth pain. That's ludicrous. And tooth pain can't affect a battle that much.
and as soon as he was pushed to his limits and crashed through the wall, he would've just overpowered him, the same way Garou did in his fight against Darkshine.
Garou overpowering Darkshine took some time. Saitama's growth didn't take a lot of time either
The entire point of the chapter was that Saitama was beginning to feel a growing pain while training, and he assumes that it's a result of his training. He thinks that this growing pain as a result of his training is what's holding him back and what he has to overcome, but then it turns out it's just a rotten tooth, and he's back to normal. That's the joke.
It indeed is a joke but not in the way you think. Saitama's initial thought about the training was most likely the correct one. The chapter goes on to show how he collapses after doing his push-ups or even shows an x-ray photo of his body (like when Gyoro Gyoro talks about an individual going through hell) But his later lines in the chapter show that he thinks it might be his tooth. That's why it becomes misleading for so many people. It is similar to the joke about his training where he thinks something mundane is the correct answer while missing crucial details.

Not to mention, we do know that Saitama was actually pushing his body to its limits regardless of what that chapter showed.
Regardless, the feat you're speaking of was only after had done his training for more than 300 days, mean it took that long for his body to begin to evolve. I see no reason why we should assume a Saitama who's undergone no training whatsoever and whose body hasn't been used to facing tough opponents. Even for Garou, it took several battles with strong opponents before the potency of his reactive evolution started to increase, so I really don't see how this Saitama could evolve mid-battle when he's just a regular citizen.
It doesn't matter how many days had passed or that he is just a regular citizen. Ans training doesn't give you accelerated development. He already had it and just needs something to trigger it. Otherwise, it is very slow. But surviving a near-death experience is something that gives an explosive boost in OPM. Alas, Saitama and Garou are the only ones who can survive such conditions.

Last edited:
Btw Saitama might not even need to evolve. Despite the skill gap, Saitama's ap advantage is far bigger than what you people think. The feat comes from 12 years old Saitama. I am pretty sure a 22 years old adult can one shot a 12 years old child. Adult Saitama also shouldn't be much weaker than other average OPM adults who can survive 0.0029 tons attack (even though it was barely)

Last edited:
Speed is unequalized, so (As Saitama's speed has no calc, so it should be baseline Superhuman) Ace is 4 times faster. Don't know the speed difference needed to speedblitz, but 4x faster + higher skill should give Ace the victory
Saitama wouldn't be able to touch Ace.

Being 2x faster is already a struggle.

Btw Saitama might not even need to evolve. Despite the skill gap, Saitama's ap advantage is far bigger than what you people think. The feat comes from 12 years old Saitama. I am pretty sure a 22 years old adult can one shot a 12 years old child. Adult Saitama also shouldn't be much weaker than other average OPM adults who can survive 0.0029 tons attack (even though it was barely)
Unless the 12 years old in question is Jotaro Kujo

Speed is unequalized, so (As Saitama's speed has no calc, so it should be baseline Superhuman) Ace is 4 times faster. Don't know the speed difference needed to speedblitz, but 4x faster + higher skill should give Ace the victory
Saitama just evolves. If we assume that my point is wrong, then 4x difference straight up makes it a stomp. Saitama can't even properly see him at a close distance

the only thing Saitama has is a negligible AP advantage. Ace pretty much wins this without much trouble.
Allright, since the Saitama CRT was accepted and I voted Ace before that, I might as well retract my vote (just to make this fair) and wait for more arguments before voting again.

Back