• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama "Universe Buster?" Source request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can check up on String Theory and dimensional geometry on wikipedia or something, if you're interested and have free time. It'd likely help.

Ryukama said:
Like those other parodies have shown, you can apply the reasoning of that Saitama post to any character.
IMG 8488
True brilliance.

Sheoth said:
Ryukama said:
Like those other parodies have shown, you can apply the reasoning of that Saitama post to any character.
IMG 8488
True brilliance.
Since what Ryu posted is "true brillance", does that mean Ryu's post is the opposite of you Sheoth?

Everyone keeps posting these examples of why having a character win or loose because of who the character is, what they stand for and why they were made, and from what artistic standpoint would be stupid and dumb, but woulden't that be way more interesting? To get to the end of a fight and find out that Sans beats The Batter because Sans is suppose to be the one who judges you and punishes you for your evil actions, the one who shows you that just because you can doesn't mean you should, or something along those lines instead of blah blah math equation blah blah obscure feat powerscaleing? Because if theye was an actual crossover story, you better belive that the victor woulden't be decided because of some random planet busting calculation powersscaled off of another character, it would be because of who the characters are, because fights are suppose to be the representation of what's going on inside the character's heads. You might actually be surprised by who won sometimes, and actual thought would have to go into who won. Would that really be so awful?

Dexteradon12 said:
Everyone keeps posting these examples of why having a character win or loose because of who the character is, what they stand for and why they were made, and from what artistic standpoint would be stupid and dumb, but woulden't that be way more interesting? To get to the end of a fight and find out that Sans beats The Batter because Sans is suppose to be the one who judges you and punishes you for your evil actions, the one who shows you that just because you can doesn't mean you should, or something along those lines instead of blah blah math equation blah blah obscure feat powerscaleing? Because if theye was an actual crossover story, you better belive that the victor woulden't be decided because of some random planet busting calculation powersscaled off of another character, it would be because of who the characters are, because fights are suppose to be the representation of what's going on inside the character's heads. You might actually be surprised by who won sometimes, and actual thought would have to go into who won. Would that really be so awful?
Because it isn't objective and makes certain characters win or loose no matter what

For example Saitama is a character who is ment to win all the time because thats the joke and Goku is a character ment to be able to beat anyone with enough work and determination, in other words unstoppable force meets immovable object.

And then you get to villians who are destined to loose no matter what, are you gonna tell me Luffy should beat Freeza because Luffy is the hero and ment to win?

Most characters are ment to win or loose they are destined for it by their writters thats why we ignore that stuff.

Do you know the site you're on right now @Dex? This wiki is about critically, mathmatically and logically analyzing the powers of characters. Determining victors based off of "who the character is, what they stand for and why they were made, and from what artistic standpoint" is not only completely illogical but those things are often up to interpretation (aka what YOU think Saitama or Dora's character is differs from what I think they are about.) Maybe in your opinion this is more "interesting" from an artisic standpoint but for the sake of logically debating these characters it is "so awful."

I LOVE Saitama, I've caught up on the One Punch Man anime and watched the OVA's, but all this wank is giving me cancer lol

Dexteradon12 said:

This is completely illogical and should never be used to determine the winner of a vs match up.By using this logic of using what characters represent instead of their feats,statements,calcs etc that would completely derail the point of what a vs match up is suppose to be.We can never truely 100% know that one character can beat another because they reside in different fictional verses and abide by different rules but to determine a winner when we do crossovers we have find out which chracter would be most likely to win.Saying for example that saitama wins because he is meant to always win and never lose only applies to him in his own universe so we cannot say that he would beat goku for instance by that logic because that is the logic of his own verse, and by the logic of goku`s verse goku wins by overcoming whatever is infront of him with enough hardwork so what happens if we use both those logics and pit goku vs saitama the guy who is meant to win or the guy who always overcomes whatever is placed infront of him?You see we cant determine who would win this if we applied the logic of both universes and try to match characters up it wouldnt work which is why we set them on neutral ground by analzying the feats they performed in their respect universes to determine who would be more likely to win in a fight.

Exactly @Pegasus. Bringing Dora's quality of being unbeatble within her show and taking that over and applying it to the Marvel verse or Cthulu mythos is beyond stupid. There's also the point that what a character stands for is subjective and you can make any character seem unbeatable if you bs enought like I did with Dora. Using "Saitama is a joke character, he's not meant to lose" is 100% awful in regards to what this site is about.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Is it too late for me to jump on the parody bandwagon?
SeiyaWank
I loled at this so hard when I saw it! LoL still laughing right now, ahhahahha. Saitama's story is interesting not because he's overpowered but because the story itself isn't boring. If the story was boring it would literally be like dragon ball z with the villians being killed in one second lol

nah, the comedy is fine, the plot just seems repetitive like new villian comes, gets killed, repeat, but super is kind of better i suppose for now. (goku doesn't just win lol)

Aurasuke said:
nah, the comedy is fine, the plot just seems repetitive like new villian comes, gets killed, repeat, but super is kind of better i suppose for now. (goku doesn't just win lol)
You do realize thats what happens in literally all shounen manga right

Aurasuke said:
Dude without DBZ most of us wouldn't know what anime is. DBZ made anime popular all over the world. Im Bangladeshi and Im telling this. It might seem cliche now but when DBZ was released it was revolutionary. DB was the highest selling manga until One Piece came. It was the most viewed show for its entire run on Toonami and Adult Swim. DBZ fights are the most memorable animated moments in fiction. Not kidding, people in my country idolize DBZ. Me included

Celestial Pegasus said:
Aurasuke said:
You do realize thats what happens in literally all shounen manga right
SHHHH, NO SPOILERS

a limitless character= omnipotent

saitama is not

In terms if just strength, he yes. Everything else? Nope. Speed is part of his strength.

I may be a Saitama wanker, but the thought of Saitama be that powerful is just wrong. It goes against his character.

Spartian300 said:
a limitless character= omnipotent
saitama is not
In terms if just strength, he yes. Everything else? Nope. Speed is part of his strength.

I may be a Saitama wanker, but the thought of Saitama be that powerful is just wrong. It goes against his character.

Admitting to be a wanker >.> lol

Dude without DBZ most of us wouldn't know what anime is. DBZ made anime popular all over the world. Im Bangladeshi and Im telling this. It might seem cliche now but when DBZ was released it was revolutionary. DB was the highest selling manga until One Piece came. It was the most viewed show for its entire run on Toonami and Adult Swim. DBZ fights are the most memorable animated moments in fiction. Not kidding, people in my country idolize DBZ. Me included

And guess who ruined it with a live action movie?

Yeah, we Americans did. DBZ is great and all, but there are better anime out there.

Like One Punch Man. Less because if action, and more because the feels.

If Saitama does show that he is truly "Infinite" he would not be able to go past High 3-A due to not having any hax abilities of any kind. He would lose to 4-D characters but infinitely stronger than any 3-D character. This is just to say if he does prove himself that he is truly infinite which we still have to see.

Xenomorphios said:
If Saitama does show that he is truly "Infinite" he would not be able to go past High 3-A due to not having any hax abilities of any kind. He would lose to 4-D characters but infinitely stronger than any 3-D character. This is just to say if he does prove himself that he is truly infinite which we still have to see.
That would be true if their wasn't for any characters who are weaker than universal but have insane hax like the flash. he can be universal all he wants won't stop wally from blitzing his brain out of place. Or even seiya for ignoring his durability and beating him to a pulp.

UmbryTiddlywink said:
If we went by the logic that what a character is made and stands for is their strength. Then Kumagawa would be losing every single thread he's in.
I laughed so hard at this comment. Far more than I should have. Good job.

Saitama has shown absolutely no feats that could make him a universe buster, the best feat he has shown is busting through Boros Planet Buster Roar Cannon with low/minimun difficulity, And we can assume he put a good amount of effort while puching Boros beam since this was the only moment when he truly needed to show it. Saitama is at best with his feats, planet buster.

Honestly, even if ONE did say that, it'd be about as viable as if Suzanne Collins just up and said out of nowhere that Katniss Everdeen is a planet buster.

Nickhf1 said:
Saitama has shown absolutely no feats that could make him a universe buster, the best feat he has shown is busting through Boros Planet Buster Roar Cannon with low/minimun difficulity, And we can assume he put a good amount of effort while puching Boros beam since this was the only moment when he truly needed to show it. Saitama is at best with his feats, planet buster.
You do realise Boros admitted to having never stood a chance against Saitama?

Nickhf1 said:
Nope. While Universe level is a massive wank, Planet level is the LOWEST showing Saitama has of his full stength right now. Boros even said he held back a lot and he had no chance at winning.

http://b.*************/store/manga/11912/035.2/compressed/sonepunch-man-5058979.jpg?v=1405473789 http://b.*************/store/manga/11912/035.2/compressed/sonepunch-man-5058981.jpg?v=1405473789

Saitama's likely MUCH higher at his full power.

I know, That's why I said at the very last moment he probably had low difficulty busting through Boros beam, and even then he was probably still holding back. But the gap to planet and star is quite big, I could see Saitama at best being large planet/multi-planet buster unless he showed higher feats in the future.

I think that Saitama can't bust a universe because he is still human. He may be ridiculously OP, but because of his human physiology, he is held back. He can't breath in space, and while he may have the power to destroy a universe, he can't, because he has no way to use that power to destroy the universe. You can't punch space and time.

Spartian300 said:
I think that Saitama can't bust a universe because he is still human. He may be ridiculously OP, but because of his human physiology, he is held back. He can't breath in space, and while he may have the power to destroy a universe, he can't, because he has no way to use that power to destroy the universe. You can't punch space and time.
what about SHOCKWAVE ?????? like goku did

saitama has only to clap to show us h'es """"universal power """""

So...this is what I got. I read from here that Saitama is very overpowering and that there are rumors and other stuff in regards to him...this may gotten out of hand.

if you read this thread from the start you will actually have a lot of kudos to give

we can all come to a conclusion though: no proof no wank.

and according to the 'how we were made' logic, Medaka can beat anyone because she's the protagonist, Ajimu said so herself. And with that Kumagawa is a god in Good Loser Kumagawa because he's a protagonist there.

Yeah, that's legitimate logic right there.

And back to Saitama, well best thing we have on him is Planet Buster for feats so just go with it until we have something new ONE decided to throw in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back