• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama power revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
He kinda has a point. I mean, Masada's statement scaling Reinhard to Kuubo, when Reinhard has nothing close to Multi-Stellar level feats, is far more unreliable than a statement about 5-B Saitama.

I'm not even sure what to say to you right now. Would you rather we act as if every statement that comes out of an authos mouth will have equal credibility regardless of context and not even bother to evaluate the statements for ourselves?

Because that's honestly what I'm taking away from you here?

Anyway, I'm indifferent here, but I believe trying to assign a tier to Saitama not at full power without adding an "At least" is strange considering it's not his full power.

Yeah, I would like that, honestly. As for what you can take away from me here, nothing really, as I said, you guys can keep doing it the way you're doing right now, since it is your wiki, not mine, me not liking it doesn't mean you can't do it, but just because you can do it doesn't mean I can't dislike it.

Basically, you have the right to do it the way you like, and I have the right to say that I don't like it.

Andytrenom said:
I'm not even sure what to say to you right now. Would you rather we act as if every statement that comes out of an authos mouth will have equal credibility regardless of context and not even bother to evaluate the statements for ourselves?

Because that's honestly what I'm taking away from you here?
If this is for me, then no I'm not saying that.

@Sera I have no clue on Masada but the 5-B Saitama is pretty unreliable not because Saitama isn't likely to be that tier but just because of how it was answered

Fan: Can Saitama blow up a planet?

Murata:I guess so but I don't think he would ever do that

Not phrased in a confident manner with Murata's focus not even being on Saitam's power but rather his perspnality.

Btw I do agree Saitama is better at unknown or with an "at least" before.

Even the "serious punch" being named that way, I interpret as a gag rather than an actual indiction of Saitama going full power.

If this is for me, then no I'm not saying that.

It isn't. It was direct at Paulo.

It's not even a gag. One Punch Man is literally a subversion of the battle shounen genre, not a gag or even a parody (it actually has a story after all).

Anyway, "Serious punch" is just a name. It's like how Boros stated he was using his full power before even using Meteroic Burst. It's just anime blah blah.

I meant titling his trump card "serious punch" was something that I feel was meant for comedic effect more so than actually indicating whether Saitama got serious or not. At least enough serious for his limits to be close.

Yeah. Either that or it was literally his finishing attack, but severely nerfed. After all Saitama didn't even consider the fight with Boros a challenge. He let Boros have his fun because he pitied him for facing the same crisis of being too strong. It literally wasn't even a fight.

Since there's no truly set cap on his full capabilities due to him not going all-out, At Least Multi-continent Level based on his Serious Punch calc seems okay, though Moon Level is not totally out of the equation here.

Star isn't a mistranslation as much as a improper context translation. The word used in the anime databook is Hoshi, which can mean star in certain contexts. It was likely translated the way it was due to Boros' attack name and it contradicts what he said in the anime itself.

The manga guidebook doesn't back planet busting really. The kanji for destroy means it in figurative way and not literal. So we have the following

• In the webcomic and manga Boros said he would destroy the surface of the planet
  • The manga databook backs the above claim
  • In the anime Boros said he would destroy the entire planet
  • The anime databook backs the above claim
So unless we do a composite profile with Boros/Saitama they shouldn't get an upgrade.

Semi-releated Boros needs to have his regen downgraded and flight removed. Both are based on the anime rather than the manga. But that may be for a different thread.

Can someone show proof that the star busting official statement is a mistranslation? Show us just one trusted source, and I'm not talking about some random guy who speaks japanese, I'm talking ONE or the people affiliated with him. Because if there is no proof other than "I think it's a mistranslation" then boros deserves to be star level and saitama even above that seeing as he killed him with AIR PRESSURE.

> Can someone show proof that the star busting official statement is a mistranslation?

Here's the raw and the raw text

µÿƒÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÒü╗Òü®Òü«Õ¿üÕèøÒéÆÞ¬çÒéïÒâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü«þ®ÂµÑÁµèÇÒÇîÕ┤®µÿƒÕÆåÕô«þá▓ÒÇìÒü½Õ»¥µèùÒüÖÒéïÒü╣ÒüÅÒÇüÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×Òüîþ╣░ÒéèÕç║ÒüùÒüƒÒü«Òü»ÒÇîÒâ×Ò驵«┤ÒéèÒÇìÒÇéÒüôÒéîÒü¥ÒüºµÖ«ÚÇÜÒü«ÒâæÒâ│Òâüõ©ÇµÆâÒüºµ▒║þØÇÒéÆÒüñÒüæÒüªÒüìÒüƒÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×ÒüáÒüîÒÇüÕú«ÒâÉÒâêÒâ½Òü½ÒüñÒüäÒü½ÕêçÒéèµ£¡ÒéÆÕç║ÒüÖ!!

As I said I don't think its a mistranslation as much as them using the wrong definition of the word. Nothing in the paragraph supports either planet or star. So in this case we should base it on what material its sourcing, which is the anime, which is pretty explicit about what Boros was talking about.

I mean we can but this site wouldn't have actually downgraded Boris unless they couldn't prove it was real. I for one have seen where it was discussed and the proof I just don't got the link since I didn't focus on OPM back then but yeah it was definitely a mistranslation

Someone else probably has it lost likely since it was controversial

You mean this translation?

µÿƒÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÒü╗Òü®Òü«Õ¿üÕèøÒéÆÞ¬çÒéïÒâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü«þ®ÂµÑÁµèÇÒÇîÕ┤®µÿƒÕÆåÕô«þá▓ÒÇìÒü½Õ»¥µèùÒüÖÒéïÒü╣ÒüÅÒÇüÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×Òüîþ╣░ÒéèÕç║ÒüùÒüƒÒü«Òü»ÒÇîÒâ×Ò驵«┤ÒéèÒÇìÒÇéÒüôÒéîÒü¥ÒüºµÖ«ÚÇÜÒü«ÒâæÒâ│Òâüõ©ÇµÆâÒüºµ▒║þØÇÒéÆÒüñÒüæÒüªÒüìÒüƒÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×ÒüáÒüîÒÇüÕú«ÒâÉÒâêÒâ½Òü½ÒüñÒüäÒü½ÕêçÒéèµ£¡ÒéÆÕç║ÒüÖ!!

In order to oppose Boros' ultimate technique [Collapsing Star Roaring Canon] which boasts enough power to blow away "µÿƒ" ,what Saitama pulled out was a [Serious Punch]. Even though up until now every battle had been concluded with a normal punch, he finally uses his trump card to end a terrific battle!!

Now why would they say he can blast away planets (plural) earlier on the guidebook and then later say he can only destroy one planet? And besides, it has been too long since the guide book was released and they never once announced that there was a mistranslation. And even if you still want to go with the older statements, consider the new guidebook as a retcon. Sending the raw paragraph doesn't prove anything. Unless there are official statements saying otherwise, Boros will always be star level.

And besides, what's stopping a star busting attck from destroying a planet? Why would boros say "blasting you and the sun with my star busting attack"? It would sound ridiculous. Freeza countless times said he will destroy the earth.

Now why would they say he can blast away planets

The book says "along with latent energy so powerful that he can blast away entire planets". So not only is the quote referring to singular planets, its about his entire energy pool. If anything this just backs up that the CSRC should be planet busting rather than star level.

And even if you still want to go with the older statements, consider the new guidebook as a retcon.

Guidebook belongs to a different canon and contradicts its source material directly if we do go with the star translation.

Sending the raw paragraph doesn't prove anything

It proves my previous points that nothing in the source backs the star claim.

What do you mean ignore ONE. NOthing implies that he even wrote that section and the same guidebook mentioned that he allowed the anime team to make whatever changes they wanted besides altering Saitama's personality. Murata has also never stated the anime is canon to my knowledge.

You're just using a guidebook from a non-canon adaption with a possibly wrong translation to upgrade the canon section of the universe from High 6-A to 4-C. Now I'm not against 4-C Saitama, he could very well get a 4-C feat later on in the manga. I'm just against using the anime databook as evidence for the rating.

If you're so fixated on him being a planet buster, why isn't there a manga saitama and anime saitama similar to how Goku is on this wiki? And you're still going with it being a mistranslation just because that kanji or whatever means 2 things in english? A team of professional translators made a mistake that you were able to find, is that it? And ONE never said they do whatever they want, he said he gave them freedom to add a few things here and there, like more villains or extra scenes as long as it sticks to saitama's character and with the story itself. You make it seem like the anime is just the writers high on red bull pulling content out their asses. If anything, the anime is canon as it shows more detail and has more content than the manga or web comic. And that guide book that came with the bluray release of OPM is canon as it is OFFICIAL.

why isn't there a manga saitama and anime saitama similar to how Goku is on this wiki?

There's been multiple pushes by a lot of people (including Ryukama ). The Wiki just hasn't gotten around to it. I've never really been against an anime profile or additional key, but I do feel that its sorta bare bones compared to Toei Goku in terms of stats.

And you're still going with it being a mistranslation just because that kanji or whatever means 2 things in english?

The kanji µÿƒ means reflective celestial body. I can mean moon, planet, or star depending on the context. Boros uses it in the manga and (for example) Frieza uses that in Dragon Ball. Its always context sensitive and in this case there's just zero context for the statement. I do think planet makes more sense considering the context of the subject than star.

A team of professional translators made a mistake that you were able to find, is that it?

I have issues with the translation, but as I said its not wrong. The way they translated is grammatically correct, I just believed that they used the wrong word. Also there's plenty of cases of the official translation team making mistakes or errors. Both in OPM and in other series. They aren't perfect

And ONE never said they do whatever they want

https://i.imgur.com/j4D8PkJ.png

You make it seem like the anime is just the writers high on red bull pulling content out their asses.

If I was that wasn't my intention. Just that the anime team were allowed to make changes and therefore they altered the story. These leads to subtle differences between the mediums

And that guide book that came with the bluray release of OPM is canon as it is OFFICIAL.

It is official, but that doesn't make it canon to the manga. There are canon animes (like Fairy Tail for example), but OPM isn't really one of them.

ONE said they can "make changes and have fun with it", not "do whatever you want with the story but keep sitama the same". That's what he says in the screenshot you posted. Now as for the manga and anime being canon, they are both literally the same exact thing. The only differences I can think of is the geryuguanshoop blackhole attack (which is definitely a black hole feat for both boros and saitama), and the guide book stating boros to be a star buster. And besides, it isn't impossible for ONE to simply say he retconned boros being planet and he is now a star buster. Becase whether the line is "i will blast you and this planet to hell", or "i'll erase you and surface of this planet with you", one thing is clear: He wasn't aiming at the planet when he shot saitama. Meaning he would not directly hit the earth, he would graze it with the beam. I mean look at the manga, webcomic, and anime. He wasn't aiming at the planet at all. And when saitama punches the attack and proceeds to kill him with just air pressure, the beam is very obviously not aiming downwards perpendicular to the earth. It was slightly angled towards saitama. But then again, if this wiki won't even listen to the actual author, what chance do I have in changing your minds. And this isn't the only page with errors, I've seen countless characters on this wikia with very obvious errors and wrong tier levels. It's almost as if it's untrustworthy.

This man said black hole feat ƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å. I'm out. We've been listening to you for all this time but now I'm tired of listening. If u have a problem with the profiles make a crt. Also before you do learn about how we tier feats on this wiki

bruh the black hole attack is a feat. he tanked it. he didn't even feel it. Clearly a feat. Along with the star busting attack, also a feat. It's literally all in front of you.

Yeah it's a black hole man but u do understand that if it was a black hole the whole planet would have been destroyed there, as well as Boros hinder. Writers don't understand this when it comes making stuff like black holes.

KHR for example suffers from the same feat where it was stated to have way more proof than OPM with black holes and miniature stars but it jsut didn't add up with how real life black holes are portrayed

We have some pretty strict guidelines for wether or not a blackhole feat is quantifiable or not. There's no way in hell OPM's qualifies as real black hole by our standards (if it was, the planet would've been destroyed). And again, the star thing is a mistranslation.

The Wright Way said:
We have some pretty strict guidelines for wether or not a blackhole feat is quantifiable or not. There's no way in hell OPM's qualifies as real black hole by our standards (if it was, the planet would've been destroyed). And again, the star thing is a mistranslation.
prove to me it's a mistranslation. I'm waiting.

ONE said they can "make changes and have fun with it", not "do whatever you want with the story but keep sitama the same". That's what he says in the screenshot you posted.

Exactly. He gave them a pass to do whatever they wanted with the series. That's going to lead to different feats

Now as for the manga and anime being canon, they are both literally the same exact thing.

Anime has multiple different dialogue lines, different fight choreography, and additional filler scenes.

The only differences I can think of is the geryuguanshoop blackhole attack (which is definitely a black hole feat for both boros and saitama)

The black hole used in the anime does not meet the black hole standards on the wiki, so its not supporting evidence for a Tier 4 feat (also random fodder aliens and the interior of the space ship were undamaged by this)

the guide book stating boros to be a star buster.

Based on a improper usage of µÿƒ.

prove to me it's a mistranslation. I'm waiting.

I've provided evidence above though. With the translation of everything but hoshi. There's no context that would make star more relevant than planet. In fact there's evidence against it going by the source material.

But ultimately I'm not gonna to change your mind and vice versa. I've present my evidence as to why I don't think there's justification for Tier 4 OPM at the moment and I'll let others decide.

Alright, time for me to dig through literally all the CRTs we have on this topic to find the evidence. Sit tight, it'll be awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back