• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama fights a gorilla but it’s not what you think lol

Saitama has a slight AP advantage.

Gorilla has Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant on his profile, I'm not familiar with the character so I'd like to ask just how skilled he is? I tried looking for clips of him but I can't really find anything.
Unless he's a super skilled fighter who could make sure Saitama never hits him or something, I feel like Saitama's willpower and pain resistance can allow him to hold out against this guy long enough to get the win thanks to his higher AP, even if Gorilla is a superior fighter.

Gorilla is basically a trained bodyguard in terms of skill
He could most likely perform better than Saitama in this fight then, as in, he'll be able to land hits more often and defend himself better.
However if he's no more skilled than the average bodyguard, Saitama can still most likely win more times than he loses. Saitama isn't particularly skilled, especially at this point, but he was capable of avoiding a couple attacks from Crablante, so I think he could still fight back well, and he'll be doing more damage when he lands hits than Gorilla does to him, plus Saitama's resistance to pain and willpower will allow him to endure the damage he takes and keep fighting long enough to land the hits he needs to put Gorilla down.

Given those reasons, I'll vote for Saitama.

I mean, even if we count the skill advantage and say that gorilla beats Saitama thoroughly, what would he do once Saitama starts breaking his limiter? It would soon become a stomp.

I mean, even if we count the skill advantage and say that gorilla beats Saitama thoroughly, what would he do once Saitama starts breaking his limiter? It would soon become a stomp.
Gorilla still has enough skill to take Saitama out if he had the chance so it’s not a stomp

Gorilla still has enough skill to take Saitama out if he had the chance so it’s not a stomp
I think you're not accounting the statistics amplifications that come with breaking a limiter. It rewards a huge boost in power as shown when his face turns blank/shiny for a moment and then proceeds to one-shot the very same monster that had beaten him prior.

I think you're not accounting the statistics amplifications that come with breaking a limiter. It rewards a huge boost in power as shown when his face turns blank/shiny for a moment and then proceeds to one-shot the very same monster that had beaten him prior.
After a certain point the difference in stats might become too much for just skill to overcome.
Voting Saitama for this one.

Breaking his limiter took Saitama months lol. He still wins FRA tho

Breaking his limiter took Saitama months lol. He still wins FRA tho
Not really. it took months to REMOVE the limiter. Breaking the limiter takes fairly less time. Otherwise it would be impossible for him to go from tier 9 to tier 5 in an instant.

... yes, which he didn't. The dude was fighting normal monsters for years, actually, before becoming invincible

Back