• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama and Garou Jump Around Io

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to @Damage3245 for checking the calculations for us and @Second22 for measuring Saitama's distance.

Change this calculation
to this calculation

Goodbye saitama MFTL, welcome saitama FTL

For those of you who are too lazy to read everything that was said in the thread, I've summarized the current options and the calc group's opinions here.

• Proposal 1: Use a 1 second time frame for immediate events and vary the distance.
Agree:
Disagree:

• Proposal 2: Use the same 0.0013 second time frame, but change the distance.
Agree:
Disagree:

• Proposal 3: Delete the calculation and wait until we receive confirmation of a suitable time frame.
Agree:
Disagree:

Agree: @Chariot190, @CloverDragon03, @Damage3245, @TheRustyOne, @Chariot190
Disagree:

I will try to update information continuously. And if there are new options I'll add more until this thread is closed.

Last edited:
I'm obviously in favor of the new version but this would only mean we need to start using the previous calcs for Saitama as they yield better results (Garou vs PS = 4c compared to this ones 2c)

Thanks to @Damage3245 for checking the calculations for us and @Second22 for measuring Saitama's distance.

Change this calculation
to this calculation

Goodbye saitama MFTL, welcome saitama FTL ✌️✌️
I disagree. This is literally slower than monster garou himself who has 4x ftl scaling. Using 1 seconds shouldn't be fine in any way. 0.0013 is a given timeframe in the series. It should be fine to use it for a supposedly vastly superior feat. Also its usable based on this thread i believe

I disagree. This is literally slower than monster garou himself who has 4x ftl scaling. Using 1 seconds shouldn't be fine in any way. 0.0013 is a given timeframe in the series. It should be fine to use it for a supposedly vastly superior feat. Also its usable based on this thread i believe
Getting a slower result doesn't mean the calc is wrong.

Using 1 seconds shouldn't be fine in any way. 0.0013 is a given timeframe in the series.
For a completely different, separate feat. Just because Garou can run some distance in a certain time frame doesn't mean everything he (or people faster than him) do happens in the same time frame.

I don't get it, what is the point of making this calc with only a timeframe change, when we already agreed to use the 0.0013 timeframe based on Garou not being able to react to Saitama's chain of attacks?

For a completely different, separate feat. Just because Garou can run some distance in a certain time frame doesn't mean everything he (or people faster than him) do happens in the same time frame.
that's true. it doesn't mean everything they do should be like that. but we have statements for both of them going all out. the distance between them is around 400 times. even if you multiply it 0.0013. its still lower than 1 second. this implies they move slower even though they finally go all out.

I don't get it, what is the point of making this calc with only a timeframe change, when we already agreed to use the 0.0013 timeframe based on Garou not being able to react to Saitama's chain of attacks?
When was that agreed? That version of the calc isn't used on any of the profiles.

??? Yes it is?

Fair enough, you're correct there. I was looking at the justification of Saitama's page and not the rating itself which is where the link is at.

I was also thinking of the earlier thread that was rejected that was trying to upgrade it to a higher level; I forgot it was already previously accepted 617 c.

Still though, that's not exactly a reason for this thread not to go ahead.

Alright, and reading your arguments from that thread, it does makes sense that Saitama only have to blitz Garou's perception with each punch and not the whole chain of attacks around IO.

Alright, and reading your arguments from that thread, it does makes sense that Saitama only have to blitz Garou's perception with each punch and not the whole chain of attacks around IO.
Okay, cool.

that's true. it doesn't mean everything they do should be like that. but we have statements for both of them going all out. the distance between them is around 400 times. even if you multiply it 0.0013. its still lower than 1 second. this implies they move slower even though they finally go all out.
It's not about going all out or whatever. The point is that just because Garou can run X distance in 13 milliseconds doesn't mean he can run ANY distance in 13 milliseconds

It's not about going all out or whatever. The point is that just because Garou can run X distance in 13 milliseconds doesn't mean he can run ANY distance in 13 milliseconds
it's not an answer to what i said though...

"that's true. it doesn't mean everything they do should be like that. but we have statements for both of them going all out. the distance between them is around 400 times. even if you multiply it 0.0013. its still lower than 1 second. this implies they move slower even though they finally go all out."

what i meant here wasn't for 0.0013 seconds but for the 1 second timeframe. they are going all out. 0.0013x400<1. its literally saying they are moving slower when they are supposedly going all out and doing their best.

also is it fine to send here someone else's calc here without asking them? (they posted it on blog posts)

it's not an answer to what i said though...

"that's true. it doesn't mean everything they do should be like that. but we have statements for both of them going all out. the distance between them is around 400 times. even if you multiply it 0.0013. its still lower than 1 second. this implies they move slower even though they finally go all out."

what i meant here wasn't for 0.0013 seconds but for the 1 second timeframe. they are going all out. 0.0013x400<1. its literally saying they are moving slower when they are supposedly going all out and doing their best.
No, it just means we can't accurately calc the feat. The results being lower than expected doesn't invalidate the calc, it just makes it useless.
also is it fine to send here someone else's calc here without asking them? (they posted it on blog posts)
I don’t think it's against the rules but some people don't like it unless the calc was accepted and used, so it might be safer to just ask them first

No, it just means we can't accurately calc the feat. The results being lower than expected doesn't invalidate the calc, it just makes it useless.

I don’t think it's against the rules but some people don't like it unless the calc was accepted and used, so it might be safer to just ask them first
it looks like it's accepted. but not sure. here.

yeah. it should be fine considering its from their sneeze. considering sp^2 which couldn't be used because of being compressed and increase in velocity. this one should be fine since its literally from their sneeze which should scale lower than the velocity from their punch and they visibly react to its speed and etc.

Even 1 second is still too long. No matter the distance for creating a light trail, it must use a shorter time frame because the light trail we see is the afterimage left by Saitama. A 1-second time frame would make the afterimage disappear before 1 second is up.

And the timeframe for creating a light trail in the story should use at least 0.1 seconds to create the light trail. Garou cannot create a light trail in 0.1 seconds from the perspective of a normal person, which means the light trails that appear during FF vs Garou vs PS must occur in less than 0.1 seconds. We can infer that the timeframe for creating the light trail must be at least 0.1 seconds.

Last edited:
I had a similar thought at first, but I feel like it'd be a bit of a hassle to separate these when one could handle the replacement right away

I guess if enough people believe it should be its own thread, I don't mind, but that was my thought process

To be fair this is a CGM thread so a CRT follow-up will likely be needed anyway.

Now we accept the 0.0013 second time frame, right? This gives us MFTL+ for Saitama, because as I said in my blog, I don't have a time frame issue, but rather a distance issue that Saitama travels.

Hmm, 13ms while stated doesn't inherently mean he covered that whole distance in said time, just the act of punching, but, 1 second is also demonstrably far too low given the light trails would vanish yeah?

Do we have a better idea for what a minimum time could be? Whether it's via freefall of something, light dissipation off the prior feats, etc? Because as it stands both ain't exactly accurate I think.

The next problem is the time frame. In the calculations it was assumed that they exited io with a time of 0.18 seconds, but in this calculation we accepted a time frame arising from the sneeze of 0.3 seconds.
I tried calculating using the calculated speed before I got it.
  • 83581.6338/236355000 = 0.00035362752 second
  • Saitama speed: 115900000/0.00035362752 = 327745985380 m/s or 1093.24 c (MFTL+)

Even if the sneeze calc is accepted, it doesn't scale to the Post-Balding Saitama key because Saitama and Garou grew exponentially stronger and faster throughout the Jupiter fight. Post-Balding Saitama's speed will be downgraded to FTL scaling above PS and Garou.

Even if the sneeze calc is accepted, it doesn't scale to the Post-Balding Saitama key because Saitama and Garou grew exponentially stronger and faster throughout the Jupiter fight. Post-Balding Saitama's speed will be downgraded to FTL scaling above PS and Garou.
That's after we accept the sneeze calculation first. But yes that's correct. This speed cannot be scaled to anyone but Saitama.

Now I think we should first talk about the time frame of the calculation in the thread.

I do agree with Chariot that if 13 milliseconds isn't usable, the persistence of the light trails leads me to believe that 1 second is much too high

That's after we accept the sneeze calculation first. But yes that's correct. This speed cannot be scaled to anyone but Saitama.

Now I think we should first talk about the time frame of the calculation in the thread.
Well, the consensus seems to be that 1.3 milliseconds isn't usable. If we can't seem to find other suitable timeframes, I think the moon feat will likely be discarded for being unquantifiable. Post-Balding Saitama will unfortunately just scale above the PS feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back