• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

I do believe shaka to be above saga as I think he edges saga in almost every category. I have seen this being debated on multiple site and I don't believe that I have seen where saga is indeed superior to shaka. One of this character being superior to the other has always been questionable, but people tend to lean more toward shaka being superior.

I dk think this statement made by @Lancelot_de_Cancer comes into play here.

One fact in this part, the description of Taizen seems to be general, so it is likely that they are describing Shaka with the 8th sense, something that we don't know where in the story of the original manga he awakened or mastered this sense. Kurumada mentions in an interview in the middle of the Poseidon Arc that Shaka had awakened a higher sense and that this would be key to the story. And if we rely on Saintia Sho, it seems that he acquired it after the Sanctuary Arc and before the Poseidon Arc, where he gained a superior knowledge of existence.

Saga is stronger than Shaka before the 8th sense, but he surpassed the strength he had in the Sanctuary Arc after acquiring this sense, even Ikki (who fought Shaka in the Sanctuary Arc) considers that Shijima may be stronger than Shaka, but Shijima himself admits to being inferior to Shaka (even a fraction of Shaka equaled Shijima's power without problems) and that Shaka is the most powerful Virgo Saint of all time, the closest man to god that has ever existed.

The mention of Shaka as the Saint with the highest cosmos among the Gold Saints is not incorrect and neither is the mention of Saga as the strongest among the Gold Saints, but we must understand the context and where in the story they described these two characters in that way.

What tiers do bronze, silver and gold Saints scale to respectively?

I heard the Tier 6 bronze saint calc isn't valid or something?

I scale bronzes from the phoenix cloth sinking a continent personally
Do we have a calc for that feat?

Also, I think we should add "higher by burning Cosmo" to the tiers and stats of most characters, since burning your Cosmo is directly correlated to increasing your stats.

Qualities of a ConceptCheckX
Does it cause the properties of the objects which they dictate, based on the laws, how things work?✅❌
Does it change the nature of the property itself?✅❌
Is it a source of a property?✅❌
Does alterations to the objects affect the concept?✅❌
Is the ability in question an abstract essence, and Incorporeal?✅❌
Was every object affected by changes to it?✅❌
Is it independent of physical reality?✅❌

Perfect! I think I got what wanted from this

Qualities of a ConceptCheckX
Does it cause the properties of the objects which they dictate, based on the laws, how things work?✅❌
Does it change the nature of the property itself?✅❌
Is it a source of a property?✅❌
Does alterations to the objects affect the concept?✅❌
Is the ability in question an abstract essence, and Incorporeal?✅❌
Was every object affected by changes to it?✅❌
Is it independent of physical reality?✅❌

Perfect! I think I got what wanted from this
What are you planning?

Welp, though about posting here when I seen the search had this result, but forgot to check if it's rather movimented of not

So...I wanna discuss the Shaka x Hashun stuff, still. You guys interested? Depending on how it goes, further in the verse-wide revision I can make a CRT of it again and gg

Welp, though about posting here when I seen the search had this result, but forgot to check if it's rather movimented of not

So...I wanna discuss the Shaka x Hashun stuff, still. You guys interested? Depending on how it goes, further in the verse-wide revision I can make a CRT of it again and gg
Shaka in the Anime announced that the attack he was going to use on Shun-Hades was the Tenma Kōfuku

99% of anime adaptations should probably be considered non-canon.

I guess there would need tom be a Toeiverse classification

99% of anime adaptations should probably be considered non-canon.

I guess there would need tom be a Toeiverse classification
There already is a canon blog regarding this which everything except the "higher senses", certain concepts pertaining to the inspiration for them, and basic cosmos powers is consider non canon to the manga and vice versa

Last edited:
They were souls that got destroyed and we later saw them.

I don’t think regeneration of the soul alone is low godly but I think Bleach has something similar.
I thought that to win this we would have to destroy, body, soul and mind, from what i remember, Shinigami could still bleed, then they would have a physical body, with a mind and soul.

excluding enhances sense via tenth sense, gods have 11 passives on the cosmos blog, so I think a divine cloth section is warranted. Hell, the gods don’t even have resistances to their own passives listed. Rather, every section needs resists to their own passives listed, since they fight one another.

Last edited:
Agree with Stek on the above. In addition, and going back to speed for a minute, I think Seiya going ftl in the Poseidon arc wasn't a miracle. The miracle was him destroying the Mainstay, not moving at ftl speeds.

excluding enhances sense via tenth sense, gods have 11 passives on the cosmos blog, so I think a divine cloth section is warranted. Hell, the gods don’t even have resistances to their own passives listed. Rather, every section needs resists to their own passives listed, since they fight one another.
Something I didn't think about

I'll add it to my growing list of Powers and abilities to add later

Contradicted how? They literally show up again
But do they have new bodies? They don't. It's just their souls, also how do wr know its not just residual Cosmo that has sone lingerie persona? Like we saw in GR.

Anyways, them not being spiritually destroyed majes sense Witt the idea of the 8th sense as my (different and separate) blog explains (which will come in a future crt)

We got multiple confirmations that the 21st/20th century gold Saints were dead in ND.

But do they have new bodies? They don't. It's just their souls, also how do wr know its not just residual Cosmo that has sone lingerie persona? Like we saw in GR.

Anyways, them not being spiritually destroyed majes sense Witt the idea of the 8th sense as my (different and separate) blog explains (which will come in a future crt)

We got multiple confirmations that the 21st/20th century gold Saints were dead in ND.
I wasn't talking about bodies though, I was talking about their souls

Hey Unshakable out of curiosity do you have almost every work (guide books included) of Saint Seiya currently saved up and translated somewhere in your computer?

Back