• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

My next thread will be the scaling thread, which will cover Golds, Mariner generals, and Specters.

Most of it will be uncontroversial, I very much expect it to devolve into a Saga vs Shaka debate. but there might be a couple of other hot takes.

Everything is canon (Section 1 and 2 of the blog)

Everything is in a shared multiverse

Cross scaling with the 8th and higher senses are valid-able

Cross scaling with Gods is fine because there is literally only 1 god for the totality of everything that exist in the verse

Anime and Manga should be separate canons with separate Cosmologies that scale differently from each other, but the 8th sense, and Buddhist concepts in the original anime are fine to use for the manga due to being the same (But only the original anime)

You can no longer apply G feats to Classic Gold Saints. Episode G Characters should have their own profile with their own scaling.

Sho, RRoP, GA/GR, TO, Classic, and ND take place in the same timeline/universe.

LC, G, DW, Golden age, Gigantomachia are different timelimes in the canon multiverse

This was in the OP of the CRT that accepted the canon blog.

This does throw a wrench in my intentions for the verse.

I still intend on making GA era profiles separate from Classic in the same way Ichigo has a pre and post-timeskip profile for both profile management reasons and narrative reasons.

However, this affects the scaling chain I had in mind for the verse as I now need to incorporate Sho into the scaling chain and it effects my cosmo blog as essentially... nothing will change in the P&A sections of the profiles outside the removal of G only techniques and abilities due to such.

Given that cosmo is the same throughout the multiverse (as seen with Shura demonstrating cosmo is a multiversal constant), most abilities in my blog will end up cross-scaling anyway.

My P&A revision will instead focus on removing things that are considered generic that aren't and all anime scans, this will result in some ability removals and ability downgrades but I'm afraid the profiles won't be as "classic pure" as I had initially intended. My cosmo blog will only contain scans and abilities from Classic and ND, I don't plan on collating spin-offs into that blog even if the abilities granted by them are generic or not (However, I don't think mods will appreciate that kind of slyness so if I have to put them on the blog I will), at least that way we can see which abilities are classic only and which are granted via spin-offs, that'll be my way of keeping them separate whilst also adhering to the accepted canon (something I won't be revising).

I had hoped to reset the profiles back to classic/ND and then we could on a case-by-case basis reintroduce the canon spin-offs, however, I have no grounds to remove a lot of these abilities without actually debating and justifying their removal to begin with to get to that point.

AP-wise however, the classic AP ratings won't change too much if at all by the introduction of Sho, so Sho's only impact on the AP section will likely be in the form of justifying scaling chains and not actual AP feats, so there's that. Saga will probably get a Sho key or 2, maybe Aiolia and Milo as well if I remember the story correctly (haven't touched Sho since the whole Shaka tea party chapter came out).

I am disappointed by this, mostly because Sho has some insane Shaka wank tbh not only does incorporating Sho into the scaling chain make it very messy from memory but also I had hoped to at least have a period of classic-only profiles, even if only briefly.

I'm flip-flopping between which CRT to do next, I was going to do the scaling chain but now I need to incorporate Sho I don't want to touch it like ever. Pt 0 of my revisions doesn't look like it will pass within the week so that will give me some time to mull things over.

I'll keep everyone updated on my thoughts, feel free to ask any questions and bring up things you want to talk about regarding my plans or anything verse-related.

"I am disappointed by this, mostly because Sho has some insane Shaka wank tbh not only does incorporating Sho into the scaling chain make it very messy from memory but also I had hoped to at least have a period of classic-only profiles, even if only briefly."

Ahh so you've shown your true colors Hasty, you just don't want Shaka to be HIM =P

Hasty I'm curious are you going to use VIZ scans for classic or do you have something secretly in your back pocket? Also are you going to use some of the final edition scans or what? (Atleast for 9 books so far released?)

Congrats to Hasty for finally kickstarting the long, arduous cleanup process the verse desperately needs. Looking forward to revamped profiles and verse page.
Soon Anti Pope Aiolos will become the strongest character in the verse

My next thread will be the scaling thread, which will cover Golds, Mariner generals, and Specters.

Most of it will be uncontroversial, I very much expect it to devolve into a Saga vs Shaka debate. but there might be a couple of other hot takes.
Saga has several quotes about being superior, huh?

Congrats to Hasty for finally kickstarting the long, arduous cleanup process the verse desperately needs. Looking forward to revamped profiles and verse page.
Soon Anti Pope Aiolos will become the strongest character in the verse
Once he’s done, we can have GA seiya, with his transmutation, and GR, who’s a composite gold saint.

YES! I don’t get how people still think shaka is stronger. (actually I do, but they are still wrong)
Even in ND there are quotes about Saga being superior, no matter Saint Seiya's work, there will always be a quote stating that Saga is superior, just like in anime Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold (I always change the game for the anime, sorry for the mistake)

Yes, Saga and Kanon are the strongest gold Saints.

The only exceptions are Dohko and Shion, but they are weaker than Cain.
I would like Shaka and Saga to fight without outside help to see which one wins, because at times even I think Shaka is superior, but then Saga's quote comes and kills me with it

I would like Shaka and Saga to fight without outside help to see which one wins, because at times even I think Shaka is superior, but then Saga's quote comes and kills me with it
Shaka more than likely wins with Tenbu Horin and his other powerful hax abilities. But his AP is weaker.
Saint Seiya Soul of Gold Is it canon here? There I remember the golden ones easily surpass the speed of light.
All anime content aside from some dialogue with Shaka that Kurumada worked on is its own continuity.

Shaka more than likely wins with Tenbu Horin and his other powerful hax abilities. But his AP is weaker.
Have you thought? Saga with its galactic explosion
All anime content aside from some dialogue with Shaka that Kurumada worked on is its own continuity.
I think the moment Kurama did something as good as this anime, he really should do this more often, it was like an isekai

Uh, I don’t know actually. Oh yeah, and the Saintia sho anime retcons the eris movie.
It makes total sense

I have to admit that this work didn't please me at all, I was waiting for a new anime for years and they did this, I think that might be why the anime was canceled

Back