• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Bold of you to assume Kurumada actually thinks about what he’s writing
Kurumada lost his sense of writing ever since he had the Gold Saints wasting their breathe by fighting each other for silly reasons when they should be saving their strength for their enemies instead. Like how are they even Gold Saints of Athena when they lack simple common senses? Like for real, I feel the Bronze Saints uses their brains more than Gold Saints does, if you see someone innocent who is a Saint wearing a Cloth, just let them pass by the temple peacefully instead of hurting them like your enemies would!

Tbf, I think that then not letting through kinda makes sense, since the pope or Athena lies ahead
That still doesn't make sense why are they killing one of their people on the spot every time they cross a Gold Zodiac? Aren't they supposed to be saints not barbarics? They are like completely destroying their own roles and purposes by doing so making them no different from the specters themselves!

I mean, think about it, what good reason would a non gold saint be in the temples, when they aren’t allowed. And y know, Seiya and co were literally trying to get to the pope and kick his ass

I mean, think about it, what good reason would a non gold saint be in the temples, when they aren’t allowed. And y know, Seiya and co were literally trying to get to the pope and kick his ass
Well they wouldn't be doing that in the first place if the Pope, Suikyo, and Odysseus didn't kept the disaster a secret from Athena's Sanctuary. And I don't know, what happened to this so called peaceful conversation so that violence would have been avoided when the Bronze Saints decided to show up in Gold Zodiac? Also Shijima was the one who send the message to warn everyone about Saori's life in danger, and guess who is the one that started attacking the Bronze Saints? Shijima himself, logic is not working in anyone's head here.

The Gold Saints were always written out of the plot pretty incoherently to give the main cast the spotlight tbh. The Sanctuary arc's ending is by far the biggest offender this and I much prefer the Anime where the Gold Saints really do threaten to jump Saga, their bullshit reasoning for not intervening in the manga even after his announcement was cartoonishly anti climatic

The Gold Saints were always written out of the plot pretty incoherently to give the main cast the spotlight tbh. The Sanctuary arc's ending is by far the biggest offender this and I much prefer the Anime where the Gold Saints really do threaten to jump Saga, their bullshit reasoning for not intervening in the manga even after his announcement was cartoonishly anti climatic
It's even more crazy when you realize that they would believe what the Pope would say over what they know about Athena, despite the fact that they are Athena's army! What gives??? The Pope is literally trying to kill Athena is both manga, why make things so complicating? Also I refused to admit that five Bronze Saints, you know the lowest of the ranks of Athena's Saints in few numbers somehow managed to beat the Gold Saints in a fight, twelve of them without dying when they are the highest of the rankings! Seiya should not have been able to survive an encounter with Aldebaran let alone his encounter with Saga after suffering multiple excruciating injuries along the way without any rest or treatment!

Last edited:
So Arch Scale Krishna one shot Bellerophon, and Sorrento beat Terpischore who's a minor deity. RoP might actually give us cool stuff, the placebo hax was pretty dope, hope the author keeps it up

I just saw Knights of the Zodiac film today in Cineplex and SOMEONE PLEASE KILL ME!!! GRAAD WENT FROM BEING MITSUMASA'S BEST FRIEND TO HIS WIFE AND IS TRYING TO KILL HER ADOPTED DAUGHTER SAORI and and AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! IT'S WORST THAN NETFLIX VERSION!!!

Last edited:
Oh we talking about nd golds, yeah no I ain’t gonna defend them
I mean at least Kurumada somehow learned from this previous mistake of underwhelming the Gold Saints, because in Saint Seiya: Next Dimension even though the Bronze Saints have grow much stronger after many years went by, their Bronze Cloths still cannot guarantee them any single victory against anyone of the Gold Saints they faced off against as they lost in every encounters which made very sense unlike how it went in Saint Seiya Classic due to bad writing.

I mean at least Kurumada somehow learned from this previous mistake of underwhelming the Gold Saints, because in Saint Seiya: Next Dimension even though the Bronze Saints have grow much stronger after many years went by, their Bronze Cloths still cannot guarantee them any single victory against anyone of the Gold Saints they faced off against as they lost in every encounters which made very sense unlike how it went in Saint Seiya Classic due to bad writing.
Isn't it explictly stated the Bronze Boys are holding back? Like, I feel like a bunch of their enemies were like "You could have killed me, but I sense you're holding back"

Isn't it explictly stated the Bronze Boys are holding back? Like, I feel like a bunch of their enemies were like "You could have killed me, but I sense you're holding back"
Allow me to quote myself what I said earlier on and bold the main points.
It's even more crazy when you realize that they would believe what the Pope would say over what they know about Athena, despite the fact that they are Athena's army! What gives??? The Pope is literally trying to kill Athena is both manga, why make things so complicating? Also I refused to admit that five Bronze Saints, you know the lowest of the ranks of Athena's Saints in few numbers somehow managed to beat the Gold Saints in a fight, twelve of them without dying when they are the highest of the rankings! Seiya should not have been able to survive an encounter with Aldebaran let alone his encounter with Saga after suffering multiple excruciating injuries along the way without any rest or treatment!

Back