• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya characters stat change

@CHILLVIBEZZ:

Any links to statements showing that it's canon? I want to be certain before continuing.

@RouninOtaku:

Like I said, I hate claiming "outlier," but the Gold Saints having Universal durability is extremely questionable.

However, it's your lucky day! Seeing as I'm not the only admin on this site, it is entirely possible for you to get the other Admins opinions on this page to see if they agree with you.

@Sheoth

Sure link:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masami_Kurumada

He also has authorized two manga authors to write and draw sidestories for his manga Saint Seiya, specifically Saint Seiya Episode G, written and drawn by Megumu Okada, and Saint Seiya Lost Canvas, written and drawn by Shiori Teshirogi. Since these two works aren't authored by Kurumada, but only authorized and supervised by him, the events depicted in them and the characters created for them are still considered non-canonical, unlike Next Dimension which holds an official canonical status.[8]

Sheoth said:
@CHILLVIBEZZ:
Any links to statements showing that it's canon? I want to be certain before continuing.

@RouninOtaku:

Like I said, I hate claiming "outlier," but the Gold Saints having Universal durability is extremely questionable.

However, it's your lucky day! Seeing as I'm not the only admin on this site, it is entirely possible for you to get the other Admins opinions on this page to see if they agree with you.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/adbce4242539464 ÒÇüÒÇîÞüûÚùÿÕú½µÿƒþƒóÒÇìÒü«µ¡úþÁ▒Òü¬ÒéïþÂÜþÀ¿ÒüîÕºïÕïò!! Marked kanjis (µ¡úþÁ▒) puts "Legitim sequel". It is from the far left line in the page. (Not shure if the translation is right at all)

@CHILLVIBEZZ:

Ok, I don't want to be the "wikipedia is unreliable" guy seeing as I use it a lot, but the link to the canon claim is unreadable to me since I don't speak Japanese....

@The Wandering Shepherd:

But if you aren't sure if the translation is correct, then how can we know for certain....

Okay now this is for everyone else: I don't want to seem like a downplayer, since I actually like Saint Seiya. However, I have given my opinion of the situation, and will it will remain until more of the staff gives their input. I also don't want to unilaterally decide this seeing as it would be the wrong approach.

Sheoth said:
@CHILLVIBEZZ:
Ok, I don't want to be the "wikipedia is unreliable" guy seeing as I use it a lot, but the link to the canon claim is unreadable to me since I don't speak Japanese....

@The Wandering Shepherd:

But if you aren't sure if the translation is correct, then how can we know for certain....

Okay now this is for everyone else: I don't want to seem like a downplayer, since I actually like Saint Seiya. However, I have given my opinion of the situation, and will it will remain until more of the staff gives their input. I also don't want to unilaterally decide this seeing as it would be the wrong approach.
Alright, thanks for your input I appreciate it.

Sheoth said:
RouninOtaku said:
Alright, thanks for your input I appreciate it.
Anytime. And again, sorry for my stubborness of the issue.
No prob, even I find it weird for the Top tiers to be casually above 3-A and the God tiers being casually above 2-C.

@CHILLVIBEZZ OK. I finally have something. The important line is the far right. I searched for the infinite and infinity kanjis on google and there is no one of them in the scan. Then I searched Universe, and I do found that kanjis (4th and 5th). Then I tried luck searching something that could help me in a random table of kanjis (I will put it as my profile image later) and I found the "number" kanji in the third row, almost at the end. The same kanji is on the scan as the 2nd. This would be proof for a mention of at least "limited quantity of Universes". I hope that helped.

@The Wandering Shepherd A lot of the the letters are Hiragana, not just Kanji. Make sure you check that. I can help with Hiragana letters (Can't unerstand though) as I am currently studying it.

I continued seeking for the complete translation. I find the translation for "þäíµò░Òü«" (countless, innumerable), plus "Õ«çÕ«Ö" (Universe, Universes) and this is the final and most accurate translation of that extract: "Countless Universes...". So wasn't just a bunch of Universes, but a lot more of them.

P.S. : Sorry for the fragmented answer, but this is finally the end of the research.

P.S.S : Link to þäíµò░Òü« http://www.romajidesu.com/?m=dictionary&a=lookup&w=無数の

@The Wandering Shepherd no thank you for the help regardless and yeah i guess that confirms the spanish scan posted under shakas page then.

Only Next Dimension. Episode G has not any official confirmation regarding its canonicity, and being supervised by Kurumada seems to not being considered as a definitive proof.

Sheoth said:
@CHILLVIBEZZ:

@RouninOtaku:

Cover of saint seiya next dimension manga and it says presented by Masami Kurumada.

http://i.imgur.com/d9VsED7.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/VLAPjNO.jpg?1

@RouninOtaku I don't now, since the gold cloths were assisted by Poseidon's power. But I think that this characters should have a speed upgrade (to FTL+): Gemini Saga, Gemini Kanon and Sagittarius Aiolos (for having a cosmos above the average Gold Saints)

Leo Aiolia (for his Lightning Plasma)

What do you think?

Poseidon only assisted with them actually being able to go through the Hypderdimension since only Gods can cross it. The Bronze Sainys even stated that the Gold cloths went across to lend them strength. That hints that they were able to do it. Also Poseidon would have to give the cloths his blood for them to go at that speed.

RouninOtaku said:
Poseidon only assisted with them actually being able to go through the Hypderdimension since only Gods can cross it. The Bronze Sainys even stated that the Gold cloths went across to lend them strength. That hints that they were able to do it. Also Poseidon would have to give the cloths his blood for them to go at that speed.
I agree, the only thing Poseidon helped with is the resistance not to be obliterated by passing the HyperDimension. There is no statement that suggest Poseidon boosted their speed.

durability for this shouldn't ability to every single gold saint, that causes far too much problems even in series

also a big bang is not itself strictly universal for it's "Start up", and they only tanked a portion of a small scale big bang in the case of Athena Exclamation- you'd only get multi-galaxy level+ from that

Speed is mostly fine though

So....basically everyone agrees with the speed . Ok then speed it is if the athenas exclamation feat is inconsistent .

Can anyone show me the Athena Exclamation being just a "small scale" Big Bang? I only heard that it is comparable to the Big Bang, but never such thing as a small scale one. I'm not sure if I forgot something.

And for Saga, Shura and Camus... I'm wondering if may the damage taken from two Athena Exclamations be something like 1/3 for each one.

In another scan it says smaller scale however it doesn't really matter for now. I'll be making another thread involving Cronus"s actual tier soon as I know for a fact he's higher than 2C

Back