• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean

Milo's stuff causes stuff to go haywire, yes

But Larry's has actively caused people to die around him simply because Larry wanted to die

So for now my vote is Larry

Hmm... I mean Milo Murphy had the whole Murphy's Law thing happening to him for pretty much his whole life, and he learned to prepare himself for anything that would go wrong (as Standard Battle Assumptions goes for in-character and he usually is prepared for anything going wrong, Milo Murphy would be a clear exception to the "no prep time" rule in an in-character battle). That and unlike Larry, Milo actually put things going wrong in his favor in many cases.

Compare that to Sad Larry, who just wants to die as far as he's concerned and thus would not care about any of the same things Milo would, I think this would be a clear victory to Milo on a win-by-knockout basis (Larry just can't die).

Pretty sure larry would want milo to kill him and then Milo ends up getting murdered by probability manipulation for trying to even touch larry

i swear, if you touch the dude you are basically dead (From my understandning at least)

Larry has my vote

Power Bestowal (Can make others lucky as long as it makes him sad)

Would this be applicable here? Admittedly, both are willing to kill if it's a means to victory. Would this make Milo lucky by making him survive, since Larry would be interested in getting rid of Milo?

Also, isn't Larry's power just him being unlucky? According to SBA, he'd want Milo gone, so he'd be doomed to failure in trying to get rid of him.

Meanwhile, Murphy's Law means anything that can go wrong, will, so that hinders both of them. The difference is, Milo would be prepared for it, & have several tools. Milo's pretty smart.

If Larry were open enough about wanting to die, his bad luck &/or Murphy's Law could mean Milo could come up with a way to incapacitate him. Milo's backpack might also be likely to have a means to incapacitate a violently suicidal person.

Ex: Tie him up in ropes, rubble traps him, their fight leads him to a bomb shelter & he gets locked in, etc.

Noooot quite. I'd argue Larry's curse so to speak, extends only to the ends of his end-game being sad. When a woman was flirting with him from across the way, things were going well... until they weren't. Larry wants company. Even if Milo dies, he'd end up sad and lonely.

Mr. Bambu said:
Noooot quite. I'd argue Larry's curse so to speak, extends only to the ends of his end-game being sad. When a woman was flirting with him from across the way, things were going well... until they weren't. Larry wants company. Even if Milo dies, he'd end up sad and lonely.
Is that the only instance of that aspect of his powers showing up? Has it ever prioritized the short term?

Nonetheless, even if Larry's curse doesn't work against him by making Milo lucky by making Larry sad, if Milo's backpack have the tools to incapacitate Larry, Larry could end up sad & lonely for quite a while, with Milo not having to kill him, either!

I mean

The guy is only in like four two-minute animation videos

I wouldn't rely on a huge amount of showings of his powers at all

It sorta prioritizes either, it'll set up a long gag (like I just mentioned or the one where Larry's dad died) or just a lot of really bad stuff happening in a short span of time

Imaginym brings up some really good points for both sides. Milo's probability manipulation is a true sense of the term as was revealed by Doofenshmirtz. Larry wasn't explicitly stated to have probability manipulation and it seems to lean towards just plain bad luck (like when he tried to hang himself, only for the ceiling to give way).

I think we have more solid evidence here now. I'll stick with my vote for Milo for both my and Imaginym's reasons.

bad luck is probability manipulation in this case tho

Back