• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryüko Matoi vs. Irene Belserion

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
Just because. Dunno why but it just came to my mind. The fight takes place in Fiore.

Ryüko:

Irene:

True Life Fiber Synchronize Ryüko and Human Irene. Speed equalized if necessary. Who wins?

This is a decisive win for Irene (possibly a stomp) because irene is more than capbable of defending herself in cqc and Irene's transmutation trumps Ryuuko's regen and evo.

Irene is superior in everything honestly. Be it skill, intelligence, versatility, range or experience. Irene wins low-mid diff.

Irene is superior in everything as Scarlet said. And has multiple ways to immediately incapaciatate Ryuko in which she can't do anything about (essentially a one shot) such as transmutation, possession, BFR and possibly Reality Warping. I think this is a stomp match.

Her transmutation doesn't work against people of comparable power, she used that to turn Hisui, basically a fodder girl, into a mouse. Her possession gets negged or at least reduced in effectiveness because of Ryuko's mind hqx resistance. Her BFR is random IIRC and requires prep and it's the same ability used for Reality Warping, basically redrawing the area.

Also I believe Ryuko has a slight speed advantage.

I've forgotten how Universe One works so someone can remind me but I don't think its Reality Warping is something that can one-shot. Dunno how to put it. I think it works by altering her surroundings. She only used her transmutation on fodder. Even if we say it would work on Ryüko, it's not something she would do in character. Also, Wendy was able to take over her mind/body back when Irene possessed her and Ryüko has an absurd mental resistance (well, much higher than Wendy's for sure) so I don't see why she can't do the same.

Okay, seems like Scarlet already explained before me.

@Scarlet I think it's safer to say she's never used it on comparable individuals, not that it wouldn't work since she did casually enchant Neinhart.

But that aside how do Ryuko's powers even work? I know she has some weird uniform thing, but is it integral to say her regen and evo?

Yeah, we shouldn't say her transmutation wouldn't work, but it's unlikely that she would go straight for it.

The uniform is for her reactive evolution, she has her Regenerationn without it.

The uniform's durability scales to Ryuko's.

And if you mean can it survive getting blown up or an explosion, depends on how powerful the blast is. If the suit can resist being transmutated into a bomb, no.

I meant can it resist being transmuted into a bomb. So I guess that takes the evo out of the question. And considering Irene's superior to Ryuko in every other way that matters in this fight except regen, then in the end I say Irene would overcome her

If her Transmutation would work on people with comparable powers, she would've turned Wendy and Erza into mice as well, but she didn't. Or she didn't because of plot reasons.

I don't know if Irene can transmute her uniform into a bomb. IIRC she didn't do this with sentient beings (Ryuko's uniform is sentient). Her scissors however are fair game.

ScarletFirefly said:
Her scissors however are fair game.
Ryuko doesn't need her scissors to fight. She can just discard of it when it's turned into a bomb and keep on going.

^She doesn't have to turn it into a bomb though. She can transform it into a sentient being and order it to attack Ryuko.

Also Ryuko loses quite a lot of fighting power without her scissors.

Wait the uniform is sentient? That's weird... is it like a guy uniform... and if it is does... forget I said anything. The transmutation should work since she did give swords sentience herself, but it'll probably be best to assume it won't (for the sake of an argument) but if the sword is fair game then it goes

Irelene has shown able to turn objects into sentient creatures of comparable AP to herself that attack people at her command?

Ryuko's stats are not reliant on her sword. The feat she gets her rating from has nothing to even do with it. And she's later stated she doesn't really need her sword as long as she has Senketsu. The worst thing that'd happen to Ryuko without a sword is she loses her main fighting strategy/style.

Yes the uniform is sentient, yes it's a guy and yes it gets weird sometimes but neither of them mind ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ryukama said:
Irelene has shown able to turn objects into sentient creatures of comparable AP to herself that attack people at her command?
IIRC yes, although I need confirmation.

Ryukama said:
Ryuko's stats are not reliant on her sword. The feat she gets her rating from has nothing to even do with it. And she's later stated she doesn't really need her sword as long as she has Senketsu. The worst thing that'd happen to Ryuko without a sword is she loses her main fighting strategy/style.
Her stats don't depend on the scissors that's true, but as you said she loses her main weapon. And also quite a lot of range as well.

IIRC yes, although I need confirmation.
Alright well honestly that's going to need some evidence to believe.

Her stats don't depend on the scissors that's true, but as you said she loses her main weapon. And also quite a lot of range as well.
She can create somewhat comparable shockwaves with her willpower and strikes. Her range might be reduced but not decreased that drastically.

Juliet and Hyne l, those were the names of the swords she gave sentience. Though I don't think it matters here since it's supposed to be 1 on 1 I just brought then up as an example I her enchanting sentient beings

Can Ryuko fly? Cause if not, Irene has the advantage in range coupled with the fact that she can create explosions and homing attacks spontaneously irespective of where Ryuko goes

@David It is still 1on1 because they are her abilities not totally different people.

Juliet and Hynhe oneshotted Mirajane's Satan Soul form which is Mountain level, but were defeated from her Allegria form which is Island level (Mira fell unconscious after that). They are quite strong and are casually created by her.

Well I was just asking cuz new abilities are usually gained with new forms and I wanted to know whether this particular Ryuko key had it. Yeah I have gone through her profile, thank you

Also just to clear things up for Burning.

Wendy did not push Irene from her mind with her will alone. She possesed Irene's discarded body and casted Detachment to remove Irene.

Okay.

Though what you said about the transmutation might be true. I mean Irene not using it because of plot reasons. This is Fairy Tail, after all. No offence, of course. :)

Also, what do you guys mean when you say Irene could transmute Senketsu into a bomb? All I remember was her using her mucus ability to bind Mirajane and melt her clothes.

It does not say how much time she needs, but she says she needs "thorough preparation", so I would assume it takes some time.

It appeared to be a 2 step activation spell ie irene enchants the land and then triggers the spell when ever; the time between the steps wasn't specified but it didn't seem like more than a few minuites.

Irene probably would only use U1 against someone she knew she couldn't beat but would still have to get rid of, like Acno; whith people as powerful as or weaker than her, like Ryuuko she probably wouldn't bother.

Back