• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWFC Pt. 3: Galaxy's Strongest!

[Oh I missed that somehow. The stance is adequate but nothing special. His magic is far more impressive, but pales in comparison to the champ's. He also doesn't seem to have a tag visible.]

I trace his sword and a replica appears in my left hand, blocking his strike. My rapier and phantom blades continue towards the man's pressure points, to temporarily paralyze him.

"Be careful there, wouldn't want to kill someone and get disqualified… oh, wait. I guess you don't have a tag, now that I see you up close. Are you not a participant?"

[Does his sword have any special properties.]

[Don't worry

they just ask Twilight some wibbly wobbly timey whimey stuff and they can get back here]

"So, you do understand you can't kill people, right?"

"Why are you saying that to me?!

"Don't worry, I'll retcon that for you."

"Retcon!? You can't just retcon reality! Also why would you do that."

"I can only retcon the actions of myself and those that are considered not to be controlled by a equal or higher power than myself. Witch, in most situations, is only me. Anyway, from your perspective it's already happened."

"Your pulling powers out of your a-"

"Hey, it dosn't effect active combat anyway. Your weird plot dimension thing gave me this anyhow."

"Wait, I'm a lower power than you?!"

"Like I said, I can't make any sense of it. This is a special situation. More often than not I can only do this to myself. Now then, RETCON!"

"What the, I feel kind of sick..."

"Don't worry. It'll pass. Now then, you should grab some tags. I would hate to not be able to fight you later. Wait, I was supposed to be using Seven Minates to Sunday right now. And you're in some sort of wierd void form. What happened there?"

"Yeah, now that you mention it, it just kinda stopped for no reason."

[@Hl3]

You witness the scene with Blane and the others.

While scanning him, the process gets interrupted and an image appears on your screen along with the message: "It's nice to see you again, Joker."

Any information about the champ is hidden.

[@Blah]

His sword has no remarkable qualities, but you find it incredibly awkward to use, to the point that you doubt it'd be possible to perform more than the most basic fundamental maneuvers with the weapon. Deep down in your inner psyche you feel that this weapon is simply incompatible.

His pressure points are struck, but he doesn't get paralyzed. You also notice that he tried to pull back his swing at the last second and it would have missed you.

He glances at you to make sure you're alright, but ultimately ignores your question.

"...Sorry." he says.

Before disappearing.

[@Redgrave (and others present)]

As Genesis arrives, he sees the aftermath of the attempted attack on the champion. As everyone's attacks were redirected, most of the challengers got knocked out in the confusion, while others left after the initial attack. Only Blane, Genesis (and David) remain standing in front of the champ.

"Heh. This just wouldn't be a 'Galaxy's Strongest' tournament without somebody trying something like this at the beginning. Well I'm not one to talk really. Come on, I'll take any and all challengers here and now. Should serve as a nice warm up. I won't even use any more tricks like before either."

He gestures towards Blane to make a move [because he's the closest].

[There are 8 hours until the elimination deadline.]

I look at Genesis, having decided to leave fake Manuelo alone and just get away with sheer speed.

"Nah, I'm good, thanks. You, oh. Oh your talking to that guy. I see."

Well that's mildly concerning, especially considering the fact that that's the logo of the group that one of my souls was a part of and knew his codename

I telepathically contact my team and tell them about this before trying see what else i can find

"Imma go check back on Not-Manuelo 'cya bye!"

I fly back to them while being invisible. Eight street level characters are knocked out on the ground without their tags. Not-Manuelo Oh for crying out loud that's seriously what your calling him? Yes. Anyway, he has the tags.

"Oh. I almost wanted him to not move on."

I fly back.

"Kay, I'm back. Woah."

I look bat at Genesis.

"Funny. My fourth wall breaking can't get a read on his powers. He must not have a profile here. I doubt he's this guy."

"What do you mean by here?"

"Just an obscure little wiki. You may have heard of it. Couldn't you hear the URL?"

"NO! HOW THE HELL DO YOU EVEN VERBALIZE A URL?!?!?"

"Very carefully. Anyway, apparently we can go to our rooms or something like that when we have all ten tags so imma do that."

I put down a camera that I made from my body.

"Don't break that. I'm going to be using it to watch this. Also it's made of my actual body."

I then leave for my room.

• I see the champion is going to challenge us. Fair enough...*
"This will be interesting!" *As he gestures a man near him I rush towards him from above using misogi to test the waters*

What an odd guy.

The clone turns towards the champ, "Didn't mean to attack you with so many others, I'll wait my turn now." He then sits down legs crossed, and watches attentively, observing the capabilities of both genesis and the champion.

"Suit yourself." the champ says while sidestepping the Misogi from Genesis. He shifts hia hand into a claw shape and it glows with a bright white energy as he makes a striking uppercut motion towards Genesis' chin.

• As he sidesteps my move he goes for my chin with his white energy. I jump back and unleash 100 fireballs straight back at him in retaliation*

Regaining his footing, his ever-present smile beams mischievously. Using the same arm, he makes a flicking motion towards your barrage.

"Full Counter!"

Your attack is reflected back at you in numerous explosions due to the sheer magnitude, Blane is nearly also caught in the blast.

• When I heard his full counter. I smiled as well as I negate the blasts with my own fire blasts and landed as I do it.*
"Heh. Pretty cool!" *I dashed up to him as I surge my body with a dark aura with my leg doing a hurricane kick towards him*

He relaxes his guard as your hurricane kick approaches. Just as your strike is about to hit him, he grabs you by the leg, stopping your kick in its track. He lightly tosses you back by Blane.

"Come on, surely you can show me something better than that."

"I already did tho." I sigh.

"I'll look for something to do." I suck all my tags to keep them at my stomach and go look for something interesting.

• He caught my self as I was tossed back by him*
"Come on, surely you can show me something better than that."

"Hmph. Of course!" *I smile gleefully as I started to teleport right next to him then with that instant I did a Koungou Kuretsuzuhan right next to him to do an AoE strike over him*

Charging a two-handed energy blast, the champ prepares to meet Genesis' Koungou Kuretsuzuhan head on, but in the moment before both attacks are released, the energy components of each suddenly dissipate. Both fighters complete motions of their attacks, but produce nothing more than thin air.

"That's enough. I think you've had your fair share of fun, champio. Why don'tyou save the rest for your actual match?"

A young woman with white hair wearing priestess robes appears on the northern podium, her eyes emitting a white flamelike glow as she looks down upon Genesis and the champ.

"Aww but things were just starting to get interesting. I guess this was enough of a warmup. Think of this as the appetizer before your full course in tomorrow's event."

He jumps back up to the podium next to the priestess.

"You're really annoying, you know? You should take your duties as reigning champion more seriously. Your current behavior is more akin to that of a wild dog that needs to be leashed."

The flames disappear from her eyes [Genesis's powers are no longer nulled].

Upon further observation, her face seems to give off a vaguely familiar resemblance to someone, though as far as you can recall aware you've never met this person before.

"I'm just trying to have a little fun." The champ responds. He points towards Genesis and Blane.

"We'll have to settle this fight after you make it to the top. From what I've seen here, I expect nothing less from the two of you. You, or someone else from your group will win this tournament. I'm sure of it."

The woman continues to inspect you from above with her deep sapphire eyes.

"Not bad. Still, you should use this time to properly prepare yourself for tomorrow. You are strong, but don't let your confidence in self burden your own development."

The champ places his hand on the priestess's shoulder while placing two fingers on his own temple. He smiles as the two disappear.

[You have 8 hours to prepare however you want, but whenever everyone is ready, we can skip to the end of eliminations. In the meantime, you can obviously do things other than prepare if you'd rather explore or something. I may have forgotten to explain or describe something properly before so if there's any confusion feel free to ask me now.]

[Also sorry for the extra late post.]

interesting

i continue to riffle through any available data stored in the base, looking for possible information on the champion, that priest and this "Remiela" figure

DragonEmperor23 said:
[ are we in a city? ]
[Not a conventional one. You're in a giant underground facility that sort of functions as a city. There's a more traditional looking town at the surface for travellers who are just passing by.]

Hl3 or bust said:
interesting

i continue to riffle through any available data stored in the base, looking for possible information on the champion, that priest and this "Remiela" figure
You don't find anything meaningful about the current champ aside from the fact that he won the championship a few years back.

There's an ocean of information regarding Remiela, both among the facility's data as well as guest and competitor PCs and the internet. She is a well known and well loved goddess who among other things grants wishes to the winners of this particular tournament once a year. The priestess is her representative.

[Anything further than this surface information will take some time to dig up, read and research.]

That can't simply be it

I spend my time searching as deeply and thoroughly as possible for information regarding the champion and Remiela

[@Dragon and Crimson]

You find yourself in a rather small town connected to the tournament grounds by a long tunnel. It's rather late out and there isn't much activity.

Most of the buildings seem to be hotels, restaurants, and other such conveniences.

Back