• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

I'm getting High 7-C+ results from the explosion, though maybe it could be measured better. But there's a problem, Jaune, Ren, Yang, and Emerald were shown jumping off Monstra before the blast. I don't know if they reach the ground but at minimum the distance I got from the center of the explosion is 59 meters. Which gave me 14 Tons or barely over baseline 8-B. Though honestly the results are without a doubt lower.

The real results would probably be High 8-C. Though take everything I said with a grain of salt, this is just what I've checked and someone else could get different results.

Edit:
I don't think Oscar was hit by any part of the explosion, he seemed to be protected by the blast. I doubt he's more durable than Hazel and Salem who were further away yet were completely vaporized.
I feel like I should mention this, but you are right, Oscar created a barrier just before he nuked the whale to protect himself At 5:32

That being said, this EXACT same barrier was used by Ozpin against Cinder, and from what we know, Cinder broke it in a power clash

Maidens could scale knowing they can break the barrier, but that depends on how much of the explosion Oscars shield took.

^Besides the table option, there are three dots that shows more options. One of them is for spoilers.

Watts roasting Cinder and calling her out is the best thing this volume, no question.

Whelp, Ironwood went cartoonish Stupid Evil (with an evil chuckle as he contemplates blowing up civilian evacuation ships, and using an ominous light setup). Why does he want to raise Atlas ASAP? It is not unreasonable to evacuate in a handful of days as they fix the shields (which are needed to survive the ascend to atmosphere). Whatever remains of Salem is still in Atlas, did Ironwood simply assume that she is going to respawn in some far-away savepoint? What if Penny is hiding inside Mantle, how does he know that she isn't hiding inside Mantle? Salem's attack introduced giant Grimm who can fly without wings (Monstra the whale using Gravity Dust, and Tempests which are the giant jellyfish destroying airships); since the plan should no longer be considered infallible why put all the eggs in a single basket?
Did Ironwood's useless Semblance make him insane? Cause this is the only explanation for such sheer incompetence. Just kill him already and spare him further embarrassment.

Uninspiring speech aside, did Ruby unironicly think that help will arrive in a couple of days?

It seems that there is a shorter range kinetic blast that pierced through Monstra + longer range anti-Grimm magic blast that extended into Atlas.

Last edited:
Well, that was something. Life Creation, Portal Manipulation, Dimensional Travel. Ambrosius is powerful. Also, is this confirmation that he made the Vaults?

He can only do one action at a time, Atlas is falling because he did something else. The Penny robot disappear when he made the portals.

The vaults can't exist in this case, as he's performed other task.

I think she's suppose to be real now, not fully sure. They properly explain next chapter most likely, it'll be a separate key for obvious reasons.

So I wonder if this means that Penny still have the Maiden powers? Also who else is betting that Team RWBY is going to take the fall now. It’s all too obvious with the intro.

Dude created an entire dimension just for people to pass through.

62559f68aa1967e0526d447c03d474b1a8167f86.png

you know i can't stand the people that are saying that the fight with Ironwood was disappointed i mean what you except he was a 1vs6 fight, Ironwood got shocked by Emerald because he could never except that and he got disarmed, also he was fighting Oscar and Winter The Best of his Fighters, no way he could win. It would be dumber if Ironwood would still win the fight, sure i wanted the fight to be longer but it was realistic for me ironwood lost the moment he got disarmed.

you know i can't stand the people that are saying that the fight with Ironwood was disappointed i mean what you except he was a 1vs6 fight, Ironwood got shocked by Emerald because he could never except that and he got disarmed, also he was fighting Oscar and Winter The Best of his Fighters, no way he could win. It would be dumber if Ironwood would still win the fight, sure i wanted the fight to be longer but it was realistic for me ironwood lost the moment he got disarmed.
toughen up body. Not everyone is satisfied by an outcome.

Back