• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rwby vol 7 thread 2

I prefer Marvel and RWBY but I like that. Used to read crossover fics a lot, not many were good tho

Also we may need yet another key for them for post-training with the Ace Ops, at the beginning of the season they got stomped and by the end they were able to fight on even footing with them

Peoples seems hyped and excited with all of things happen in Vol. 7 meanwhile i just sit in th corner waiting Pyrrha being resurrected :"v

I can't ever agree with Pyrrha ever coming back to life for real.

That'd be one of the worst decisions they can make, death is cheap.

Making Death fit popular characters meaningless is the easiest way to destroy any tension within your story, Pyrrha was a good character, easily one of if not the best. But her character was so great because her Arc ended on such a note.

Like, the better question is why should they bring her back?

On top of this we know their is an afterlife in the world of RWBY, so Jaune will likely die to see her.

I mean worst decision can be lead to a good development, just like how i give an example above about Kiriya, he should be dead early, but later in the middle of series he's back, and its fleshed out his development pretty well

But one thing is, killing fan favorite sometime can be a double edged knife, its risky for the writter to do it, that why either you left the character alive or make the character dead, this can be lead to many way

What kind of development would Pyrrha go through that's worth tossing away all tension and stakes a barebones story already has? You would have to have that planned from the beginning and have a way to make it so Tension and stakes are there and making the death meaningful, which is impossible. (Look at Fairy Tail)

It's bad enough that RWBY never kills its characters that aren't either antagonists or plot important, they introduce them just to kill them off. Sienna, Clover etc, and I hate it. A full on War of this scale is never going to go without many causalities.

Dragon Ball's a better example of the death thing. In FT, people don't die but in DB people die and come back to life all the time. In FT, dying is still treated as a consequence (It just doesn't happen that often when you'd expect it to ).

In dragon ball death only matters in trunks timeline. Only because the thing that relives people is gone. Same with rwby, the gods are gone so they won't revive any one (also they don't even want to brake the rules, only bend them like what the GoL did with ozma)

WeeklyBattles said:
Volume 1-3 - 8-C+

Volume 4-5 - High 8-C+

Volume 6 - At least High 8-C+

Volume 7 - 8-B
Why is that? Can you explain the reasons why they would be these because of Penny's calc?

The example for the + sign on the Attack Potency page literally says High 8-C+ starts from 6.5 Tons

Example: Average of Large Building level is: [2 Tons (low end) + 11 tons (high end)]/2 = 6.5 Tons (the arithmetic mean). All energy levels from 2 Tons to 6.5 Tons should be listed as Large Building level, whereas all energy levels from 6.5 Tons to 11 Tons should be listed as Large Building level+.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yeah, another problem with the whole revival thing is that with the Gods gone there are no current mechanics we know about that can bring people back to life.
Y'know how the lantern can answer any question? The only way I could see resurrection being possible is if one of the other relics can grant wishes. Not saying it would be a good move story-wise, but it could be a thing. Maybe it could be good for the story if the wishes have some sort of Monkey's Paw consequences.

Possibly, yeah. I feel like it's been long enough since Pyrrha's death that doing a revival and then "oh but she's not actually alive she's a zombie" (similar to Monkey's Paw) thing would be...idk how to put it...

Back